View Full Version : Am I an oddball?

MrsSFrances
05-31-2004, 02:22 PM
Went fishing yesterday with the hubster, we went to a few spots one being a jetty, we geared up and headed out...these 3 guys with there lil sons went out before us and where staring at me as i put on my korkers and stuff? am i an oddball or sumtin...lol...then their jaws dropped as i followed my husband out onto the jetty covered with about 2 inches of water and waves crashing, everytime i turned around they where starin at me...i was gettin a complex...LOL...

i guess its not very normal to see a woman fishing on a jetty with waves crashing and stuff??

I know there are other women who fish come on now:laughs:

blackeye
05-31-2004, 02:51 PM
this is my wife-the only spot she doesn't like at nite is the cliffwalk in newport

MrsSFrances
05-31-2004, 02:55 PM
see there ya go! thank you for sharing that blackeye!!:D

there are some spots i wont fish at night either:spidey:

dats a nice fish too:btu:

BigFish
05-31-2004, 04:32 PM
Kidding Mrs. SF......my girlfriend has her own waders and loves to fish same as you.....those guys were just jealous cause' you were going out there to fish HARD!:D

The 1 thing I learned a long time ago.....never care what anyone thinks about you, live your life and enjoy!:happy:

jugstah
05-31-2004, 06:16 PM
yup, its just unusual to see a woman going out to fish "hard" as bigfish wud say, i guess they got a bit jealous cuz it'd be nice to have a GF who fishes as hard as you do :)

new jack
05-31-2004, 07:10 PM
mrsF.

there is a woman, That fishes the same stratch of canal that I do. I we finally introduced ourselves, a very nice woman and she knows her stuff. she fishes just as hard as anybody here and catches some nice fish.

i'm glad to have meet her as we have fished together over the past week.

Jenn
05-31-2004, 09:35 PM
Oddball???? I dont think thats odd at all!!!;) :D :cool: :laughs:

MikeTLive
05-31-2004, 09:50 PM
I bet they were wishing their mom, girlfriend, wife, <whatever> were as cool as you about fishing.

If I could find some hello-kitty lures/poppers/plugs I am sure my wife would go with me.

zacs
05-31-2004, 10:20 PM
I hear ya mikeT-
My wife has fished once with me. She caught a schoolie, but I guess it wasn't for her.

Now if Habs came out with a Louis Vuitton plug she would be all over it.

_zac_

blackeye
06-01-2004, 12:53 PM
I make plugs for the three ladies in my house-mom and the youngest love pink, so I make hot pink poppers and so on, oldest girl likes purple-ya get what I'm saying?
Last year I made some small atom p-40's for the girls, painted them yellow and gave them a jar of testers red paint and some brushes and had them copy a chickenscratch paintjob. they loved the thought of having their own hand painted plugs. All have their own rods and tackle storage-I try to keep them as involved as possible in everything I do-it makes them more interested in fishing

Iwannakeeper
06-01-2004, 01:10 PM
my girlfriend fishes much of the time that I do. she has her own rod and reel - she is a lefty so I don't touch it.

she even wanted to go fishing in april for her birthday.

Heck - I selected fisherwoman as my charter when we went surf casting down on the cape last spring.

I do no tthink it is oddball for a woman to fish. I encourage it. means more time in the water.

Youngmoon74
06-01-2004, 03:53 PM
I don't know bout those guys but I try to get my girlfriend involved in fishing but usually she wants to go home soon after we get there. I would love it if she got more involved. That's what I feel anyway

basswipe
06-01-2004, 04:10 PM
My girlfriend started fishing with me this year.The first time I took her we used bait.The last few times we threw plugs and she definitely got the hang of it.Plan on getting her into a set of waders before the end this season.
We wanted to go sometime this week but I have a raging cold and she may be coming down with it now.A cold in June.Imagine
that.
I better not be sick Saturday.I'll be extremely displeased if I have to miss the meat grilling and fishing festivities.I've never been to
one of these and am really looking forward to it.