View Full Version : How Do You Envirotex Users Avoid Getting Dust On Your Plugs?

BigFish
06-02-2004, 10:28 AM
Do you have any tricks or tips? Naturally I try to stay out of exceptionally dusting areas while putting my clear on, but what do you guys do to avoid getting dust, hair and lint in your final coat? :confused: I am at a bit of a disadvantage because I have to do mine outside (which is a challenge in itself). It beats trying to do it in the house with cat hair flying everywhere! I don't have a garage, basement or work area in which to isolate myself in a dust free environment!:huh:

Regardless of the dust, the plugs are coming out freakin' great! I can't believe I made these!:eyes: Pics today or tomorrow!;)

capesams
06-02-2004, 11:14 AM
your working outside under an over hang..yes?.......take your butt an sit in your car an head to the nearest hardware store an get yourself a roll of heavy duty plastic..now build your self a plastic phone booth under that over hang....staple it to the ceiling an let it hang to the ground, put something on the plastic thats sitting on the ground so it won't blow around.....paint an clear coat inside out of the wind...................if you don't have that over hang I saw in that pic........ staple some on the side of the house an make a lean to.

BigFish
06-02-2004, 12:05 PM
Thanks Capesams.....will do! Hopefully gonna have some workable, heated space for the winter so I can build my plugs.:D

fishaholic18
06-02-2004, 12:19 PM
Pics, Pics, already...We want Pics.:D

BigFish
06-02-2004, 12:28 PM
Tomorrow, I promise!:D

justplugit
06-02-2004, 08:02 PM
Big Fish, saw this on another site and made one. Get a large plastic storage container 30inx36in that has a cover and all clear plastic. Mount a barbecue motor on one side and run the spit thru the middle to the other side.
Reinforce both sides with masonite when mounting and make two 12in round masonite discs to fit opposite each other inside the spit to hold 8 plugs on the spit with springs.
Now you can mount your wet plugs with the springs, turn on the motor ,cover with the top,and rotate as long as you like dust free.:)
By using clear you can put a thermometer inside the box to check the temp,especially in the winter when you can add a warming light.
Best of all you can stare thru the plastic stareing at them for hours before their even dry.:D

Backbeach Jake
06-02-2004, 08:54 PM
You using a tackrag? If not I'll bring ya one this weekend.

striprman
06-05-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
Tomorrow, I promise!:D

So, off he goes on a 2 week fishing vacation with all his new lures, and no pics.

Striperknight
06-05-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by striprman
So, off he goes on a 2 week fishing vacation with all his new lures, and no pics.

Some pics with his plugs stuck in some stripers lip would be even better.:D

MAC
06-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Hah, I knew it...... he was just playing us along. I bet BF hasn't finished one yet. Prove me wrong.:D

Slingah
06-05-2004, 10:08 AM
He is gonna wire em on his vacation and I am gonna take some digital photos for him..................almost done (so he says):laughs: They looked nice last time I saw em.

Karl F
06-05-2004, 11:42 AM
wiring 'em on vacation???(swim plugs on vaca, not build 'em;) )
thought he e-texed them already?, didn't he wire 'em first?
don't matter, just give us pics!
I'm pretty busy next couple a weeks, but I'll go find him, wellfoots ain't got many hidin' places, and it's all relative up thar... (literally) :eek:

Backbeach Jake
06-05-2004, 04:13 PM
:laughs: