View Full Version : E-Bay Plug Clearance Auctions

The Dad Fisherman
06-03-2004, 02:28 PM
Thought you guys might be interested in some of these.

Multiple Plug Auctions by one Seller (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=clemslures&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50)

fishsmith
06-03-2004, 02:34 PM
And for the smokers there are tabacco fish cards with no bids yet :laughs:

Fish On
06-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Gonna be tough to catch fish on those unless you get it wedged in his gills. No hooks.

Krispy
06-03-2004, 03:03 PM
now that every lurker to see this will be bidding on it, its not gonna be worth it.

Personal opinion is its bad mojo to post ebay stuff on the boards

Mr. Sandman
06-03-2004, 03:27 PM
That guy has some serious collection!! He his just "thinning it out" a bit. wow.

tlapinski
06-03-2004, 03:53 PM
not smart. :mad:

Surely Bassey
06-03-2004, 04:53 PM
This guy has a serious 10 plug a day habbit.

Skitterpop
06-03-2004, 09:17 PM
He is off to Nova Scotia in less than a year...down some business with him before....good stuff.

And I agree that maybe a PM to a few friends might have been the better way to go than posting a link to Ebay....Mike

Skitterpop
06-03-2004, 09:18 PM
done :rolleyes:

rob-s
06-04-2004, 07:02 AM
:smash: :af: this chaps my :bshake:

striprman
06-04-2004, 07:26 AM
Is "burning" lures on Ebay the same as "burning spots"?

The Dad Fisherman
06-04-2004, 08:30 AM
I'm Sorry...1st time anybody mentioned it to me and I won't do it again...I was just trying to help you guys out.

It wasn't done w/ any malicious intent, I honestly thought I was helping.

Again......I apologize :o

RIJIMMY
06-04-2004, 08:44 AM
I think you guys are being harsh on the DadF, it is obvious his intent was to be helpful.
Should we flame JohnR because he advertises the MSBA show, I mean the more people that show up, the less Habs for all of you right? Shouldn't we keep it a secret?
The intent of this site is to share info among like-minded individuals.
We live in a free market society, supply and demand. I've got my credit card and I'm bidding. Thanks DadF, I need some of this stuff and I appreciate the heads up.

Iwannakeeper
06-04-2004, 08:53 AM
I am an active member on this board - not just a lurker.

And I am also not a good enough friend for DadF to PM.

Therefore I am not entitled to this knowledge?

I disagee with most posts flaming DadF. I think his honest intent hit home.

the real problem is lurkers, and if that is what chaps peoples :bshake: , then lets find a solution to that. not flaming indivduals for sharing good information.

Surely Bassey
06-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Amen.

Krispy
06-04-2004, 09:21 AM
no-ones FLAMING Dadfisherman!
I was kindly suggested it wasnt a good idea to post ebay stuff.
And yes, in my opinion its like spot burning.

tlapinski
06-04-2004, 09:22 AM
just like spots, do your own home work. sorry if your best friend doesn't PM you eBay info. do total strangers PM you hot fishing spots?

The Dad Fisherman
06-04-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Krispy
no-ones FLAMING Dadfisherman!
I was kindly suggested it wasnt a good idea to post ebay stuff.
And yes, in my opinion its like spot burning.

No offense was taken. You did just that and like I said I won't do it again.

Now that I think about it (which is what I should have done before I posted it) when I'm trying to grab an auction the less people that know the better.

I promise it won't happen again. :)

KLMulder
06-04-2004, 09:39 AM
Getting flamed for " burning a plug auction ", some of you are being very harsh don't ya think? I mean come on now, a spot or location yes but eBay!!! I guess that nothing about fishing should be posted because it may cause a run and drive the price up. I just read that gas in Idaho will be .50 cent's a gal next week see you all there.

Saltheart
06-04-2004, 09:55 AM
I just don't agree that there is anything wrong with posting the fact that something is on ebay for sale. I think it was nice and generous of The Dad Fisherman to tip us off and "share the wealth" if you will. . Maybe it does drive the prices up but then again , it gives more people a chance to bid. That's free enterprise at its best.

BTW , lurkers are members here too. There are over two thousand members here and just a relatively few who actually post. There are lots more who lurk but never even register. That means the lurkers outnumber the posters by more than 20 to 1. They are a big part of the site and are welcome to whatever knowledge they can get from here.

tlapinski
06-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Saltheart, would you take personal issue with someone posting that there is "action" at a spot you fish? how about if it is at a spot you don't fish? just because it doesn't have an effect on you, doesn't mean it is ok to share. the same principals behind the spot posting issues carry over to an issue such as this. just my 2 cents.

Mr. Sandman
06-04-2004, 10:23 AM
I want to thank the dad fisherman for sharing that info! I feel I owe him something...esp if I win those plugs.

Vectorfisher
06-04-2004, 10:28 AM
Geez this board is getting Whinier by the day:crying: :doh:

Iwannakeeper
Saltheart. since you are a site moderator, I feel I owe you an explaination. My intent was not to block lurkers. but merely point out that someone who is as involved as DADF doesn't deserve to be critizied.

I know that if there is some information that I felt I wanted to share with the general fishing population that frequents this site, I plan to. Is that not the intent of this board? If not I guess I were return to the lurking and not participating in conversations.

It just seems to me that there is too much critizims of people that post here lately. I am a relative newby, only here for a couple of years. But it seems the last few months, too much time and energy is spent critizing what other post.

KLMulder
a spot or location vs an online auction
I just don't see any comparison.

Iwannakeeper
06-04-2004, 10:29 AM
correction - 1 year on the board. I spend soo much time here it feels like 2 - :D

Krispy
06-04-2004, 10:40 AM
its just an issue of courtesy.
Some spend alot of time searching on Ebay, finding deals and rare stuff hidden behind benign item descriptions. Many folks work hard looking for bids while others casually browse through and look for easy finds.
Just like in fishing, put in your time and you are rewarded. Just because you got lucky and found a killer spot by accident with large finning on the surface eating anything doesnt mean it should be posted. Just like running across a good ebay deal. Again just MHO.

NO ONES FLAMING !!

Saltheart
06-04-2004, 10:51 AM
Iwannakeeper , I'm agreeing with you. Maybe you missread my post but I'm agreeing , The Dad fisherman is good to go for posting ebay info as far as i'm concerned.

Spots are different than ebay auctions but i guess i have a question for Krispy and Toby , just what is OK to post here??

Some people are sensitive about spots , some about auctions , some about lures (all the 7 inch Fin S Fish sold out after a post) , some about boat ramp locations (ramp too crowded after mention on board) . Almost everything about fishing is somebodies "secret". Just what is considered OK to post??

I think posting spots is bad , not cause they are secret but because too much traffic causes spots to lose access. Higher prices on ebay auctions vs the benefits of more people getting in on the action just doesn't concern me all that much.

Iwannakeeper
06-04-2004, 10:58 AM
AMEN !

Krispy
06-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Its not a question if your "allowed" to, just if you should post it.
In the end, its your own choice of post or not post, Im just making aware others position about it

Saltheart
06-04-2004, 11:03 AM
fair enough and I do understand your point.

capesams
06-04-2004, 11:22 AM
DF did nothing wrong what so ever. If you don't think 300 other's hadn't already seen it your blind..It's an auction, put the $$ up or don't play the game....it's that simple.

tlapinski
06-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Saltheart
I think posting spots is bad , not cause they are secret but because too much traffic causes spots to lose access. Higher prices on ebay auctions vs the benefits of more people getting in on the action just doesn't concern me all that much. ok, so people lose out on fishing access and spots because they get trashed or over run with people. too many people get word of an auction, and people lose out on it. what may not be important to you, may be the all the world to another. having the attutude of "it doesn't effect me so go ahead and burn it" is just not cool as a member of any community, and especially as a moderator of this board and one designated to keep the peace. now i am not saying that this particular post has hurt/helped me, but what of the others that it may have?

Krispy
06-04-2004, 11:32 AM
:hidin:

Saltheart
06-04-2004, 12:08 PM
OK Toby , we both stated our case , people can now form their own opinion about who sounds more reasonable. I think I'll make out OK.

S-Journey
06-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by KLMulder
a spot or location vs an online auction
I just don't see any comparison.

I agree, not even close.

The gear for sale is only going to fetch so much money, no matter how many people know about it. So share the info with some of your comrades and let them in on the action, or let the other hundred million or so people on EBay buy it. In the end the price will only go so high.

fishaholic18
06-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Whay don't you guys get out and fish...It's more fun than having cry baby pissin' matches about stupidity.

That's just my opinion.:D :crying: :crying:

mrmacey
06-04-2004, 03:43 PM
What's the big deal about netiquette? If you get the etiquette part, then you know that it's just a way of saying good behavior on the Net. Although respecting others' views, feelings and time--good behavior--seems fairly straightforward, the unique nature of many online communities can make it harder to meet those expectations.

In general, the distance imposed by computer networks disrupts our interactions so that people may become more vocal (mostly a good thing), but also more careless. We may forget the person at the other end of the network.

Amidst these difficulties, you should follow the golden rule and think of the impact that your messages might have on others. In discussions, point toward specifics and positions rather than personalities. Spend some time lurking in the groups that you join and familiarize yourself with their function and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

When responding to a position that you disagree with, be sure to cite or summarize the points that you find troubling. When challenged, try to clarify your position and respond with control. Debates will become heated, but remember the nature of these online forums and be considerate and you'll do fine.

fishaholic18
06-04-2004, 04:38 PM
O.K. Mike I see your point...Let them duke it out and we'll fish!!!!
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

mrmacey
06-04-2004, 04:39 PM
I needed to stir the pot I was bored!!!

S-Journey
06-04-2004, 04:55 PM
:laughs: