View Full Version : Say it is not so All Star sold to

mikecc
06-03-2004, 07:26 PM
Shakespeare??:bc: :conf: :yak6:

a letter form Sharon Johnson from All Star

I am pleased to announce that All Star has been purchased by Shakespeare. We are currently closed this week doing a physical inventory. We will be open and back to manufacturing Monday, June 7, business as usual in Houston, Texas.
For anyone that has tried to reach me in the last couple of weeks, thank you for your patience.
Regards,
Sharon Johnson
All StaR

There goes another company down hill.

Mike P
06-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Now you know why Mook, their rod designer, hooked up with Batson ;)

maddog2020
06-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Shakespeare? GTFO.

Didn't Shakespeare announce they were no longer going to sell blanks last summer/fall?

Guy at a local shop told me that Shakespeare make a gazillion fiberglass attenae for boating applications. That is where their bread & butter was. Making fishing rods was a minor thing for them.

Van Staal was in trouble and was purchased by Zebco. Now the Quantum Cabo PT line is pretty nice. May be the price of the VS reels will be lower? ;)

I don't get it. :( May be its just too hard for the smaller companies to survive now a days.

The automotive company I work for closed down plants in US then moved to Mexico and now we are told they are moving production lines to China now.

Mike P
06-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by maddog2020
I don't get it. :( May be its just too hard for the smaller companies to survive now a days.

I have friends in South Texas who know the president of All Star, and his father (the power behind the throne). Being a small company has little to do with it. Batson is smaller than All Star and they're expanding their product line.

CAL
06-03-2004, 11:44 PM
Crap. Maybe I should pick up another 1145 before I start seeing
Ugly Breakaways with big foam grips.

fishsmith
06-04-2004, 07:19 AM
Watch for falling prices at wallyworld :chased:

Uncle Matt
06-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Talk about going in the crapper.

spence
06-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Mike P
Batson is smaller than All Star and they're expanding their product line. [/B]
Exactly...business has nothing to do with size. Assuming you're big enough to make a wage it's all about the plan...

-spence