View Full Version : Ignorance or rudeness?

basswipe
06-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Here's one for ya....Hit a favorite eel grass spot a little after 8 tonight after taking care of some much needed business.I run into
a guy I've seen there many times.Ask'em if he got anything while I'm wading out......he says nada.
This is a fairly public spot,a lot of pedestrians and dog walkers.I start throwing a yellow Bomber and immediately hook up with a nice fat 26"er.Great way to start the night.
Not to long after that a women is walking her dog along the shore and asks the other guy "catch anything?"He says no but points at me and says I did.Of course I then hook into another one of the same size and while I'm bringing this one up onto shore this women migrates over to me.
While I'm unhooking the fish this women asks me what kind of fish it is and if I'm going to keep it and I say no its undersized.She then comments how refreshing it is that someone follows the law.
As she's commending me she throws a stick in the water and her hundred pound lab swims out to go get the damn stick.
All I could do was look at her slack jawed.Couldn't even come up with anything to say.I was dumbfounded.
You make the call.......Ignorance or rudeness?

fishweewee
06-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Stupidity, if the dog swims into a bluefish blitz. :hihi:

BasicPatrick
06-07-2004, 10:38 PM
shwe musta beena meenie greenie

blackeye
06-07-2004, 11:01 PM
I'd chalk it up to ignorance. Some people have no idea about fishing, and the effects of dogs chasing sticks in fish producing water. Too bad you had'nt just caught a 16 foot mako befor she threw the stick in:rolleyes:

Iwannakeeper
06-08-2004, 04:54 AM
It is easier to chalk it up to ignorance, but it is just rude.

Joe
06-08-2004, 05:36 AM
Ignorance....
Aquidneck Island woman with lab...her Lexus SUV was probably parked near by with a little oval sticker on it with "NPT" in the middle...They are in their own world...

spinncognito
06-08-2004, 05:42 AM
I am surprised she did not then go back to her vehicle and pull out 80lbs of scuba gear and do a little underwater exploring. :huh:

That was both ignorant and rude and I may have asked her which one she was being.

Spin

afterhours
06-08-2004, 05:47 AM
i vote for rudeness, nobody can be that ignorant!

redcrbbr
06-08-2004, 06:07 AM
was she blond????

GBOUTDOORS
06-08-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by redcrbbr
was she blond????
Red you must have read my mind. I know some may find this hard to believe but not everyone thinks of others needs/rights/or feelings so it may have been ignorance or her right to use the beach as we do but at the same time or just being BLOND.

The Dad Fisherman
06-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Don't get me started...That friggin drives me nuts.

as far as being Rude or Ignorant I usually ask whether they are "Stoned or Stupid"

angler management
06-08-2004, 07:18 AM
You guys are thinking all wrong!

You should have been thinking what kind of fight could you get out of a 100lb dog?

And would it taste good?

:D :D :D

RIROCKHOUND
06-08-2004, 07:20 AM
Rude... and ignorant... I would say if she commended you she wouldn't be throwing it in just to kill fishing....

Youngmoon74
06-08-2004, 07:28 AM
Probably just stupid and thinks the fish just magically stay around even with an overgrown hairball splashin around

Saltheart
06-08-2004, 07:33 AM
The dog had a better chance of knowing it did something wrong than she did. Labs are smart , she was clueless.

beachwalker
06-08-2004, 07:44 AM
Dude,

You are in Rhody. What do you expect ?

:eek:

:D

Skitterpop
06-08-2004, 07:46 AM
A toss up?

I`ve seen people do some very intrusive things where I`m fishing...pretending ignorance but really saying I have a right to use this spot no matter that you are here fishing.
Or even antifishers being more openly aggressive and disruptive.

:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

PurpelNoon
06-08-2004, 08:28 AM
The rudeness doesnt get worse than NY.

Once in January or February, my friend and I were passing time fishing for some herring near this boat launch area. The dock we were standing on was about 6' by 12'. In other words its was tiny. We are a mile or so from the park's main walking paths. Well this family decides to walk down the ramp and step right on to the dock we were fishing and casting on. They did not speak to us or ask any questions because they did not speak English but they proceeded to look into our tackle boxes and bags and just stood there staring at us for a couple of minutes. We could not even cast with them there so we stood there with our poles up and stared back at them and they acted like they didnt even know what they were doing. We first started laughing to ourselves because we just couldnt believe what was happening but then the laughter became anger. I guess anger can be understood in any language and they left.

Another quick story. One day we caught a few blackfish off a skiff we rented. When we got back with them, this guy looked in our cooler and said "Yo, how about giving me a couple of dos". I'm thinking, wow, what b@lls some people have.

basswipe
06-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Hell,should've made a poll out of this!
To me it was a combination of both.Its really hard for me to fathom someone being that stupid.She watched me catch the fish and then she throws the stick right to where I hooked up at.
The other guy just stood there shaking his head.
Lets hope I've made my quota on moronic encounters.Though I doubt it.

RIJIMMY
06-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Before the dog swam back in, you should have took a leak right in its path. That'll fix her. :laughs:

The Dad Fisherman
06-08-2004, 11:32 AM
You should have said the reason you threw yours back was because you needed something bigger to attract the sharks that had just been sited in that area.

bet that would have been the last swim the dog would have taken

spence
06-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Joe
Ignorance....
Aquidneck Island woman with lab...her Lexus SUV was probably parked near by with a little oval sticker on it with "NPT" in the middle...They are in their own world...

HEY, my wife is blonde, drives a Lexus SUV and we have a yellow lab. No Newport sticker though...

-spence

basswipe
06-08-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm over it....well till it happens again.
New night weather and wind is just right.Tonights the night.I'm gonna get a big'un tonight.

Crafty Angler
06-08-2004, 04:02 PM
If the woman is back with the lab again tonite, tie on a yellow needlefish - it drives 'em nuts in the water.

Just be sure ya have your Boga with ya :smokin: and a good pair of pliers.

Seahoss
06-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Don't blame the dog!!:doh: :doh:

PurpelNoon
06-08-2004, 04:51 PM
So many people today are just so self-centered that they really lack consideration of any sort.

MrsSFrances
06-08-2004, 05:14 PM
STUPIDITY!

or she was with

PETA! :laughs:

killerlexus
06-08-2004, 05:21 PM
some people are beyond dumb. should have told her and her dog to f*ck off .
this is the kind of stupid shet that gets people killed :angel:

Backbeach Jake
06-08-2004, 05:59 PM
You know what makes up for the morons? The two topless, clueless French Canadian chics that walk up and start asking questions.:happy:

justplugit
06-08-2004, 06:03 PM
If she doesn't fish ,she was probably just ignorant.
I get angry when so called fisherman ,who should know better ,do real stupid unsportsman like stuff.

I was alone on an empty beach hooking up when 2 guys showed up together and started fishing 2 ft on either side of me. Hooked up one more fish and walked 300 yds down the beach to be alone, turn around and there following me! Same thing,they start trowing on either side of me again close to being in my waders,and i hooked up with a decent fish needing to move down the beach to land him. I say excuse me, fish on ,and the guy looks like i'm crazy and continues to cast as i am trying to pass. Need to go under his line while he keeps throwing. Thats what i would call selfcentered rudeness . :af:

PurpelNoon
06-08-2004, 06:05 PM
I've had the same thing happen to me. There was about a mile of empty open beach and these 2 guys parked their truck and fished right in front of my truck. I couldnt believe it.

MAC
06-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Backbeach Jake
You know what makes up for the morons? The two topless, clueless French Canadian chics that walk up and start asking questions.:happy:

Jake tell us more....

justplugit
06-08-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by PurpelNoon
I've had the same thing happen to me. There was about a mile of empty open beach and these 2 guys parked their truck and fished right in front of my truck. I couldnt believe it.

Ya like there were no fish except in the front of your truck:laugh:
Idiots!

Backbeach Jake
06-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Newell Guy
Jake tell us more....
They were young, they were beautiful, And when I heard those accents.....well I kinda blacked out a little.....

The Dad Fisherman
06-09-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Backbeach Jake
They were young, they were beautiful, And when I heard those accents.....well I kinda blacked out a little.....

I know I'm breaching protocol, but.....Do you think I could ask you for that Spot...:D :D