View Full Version : Should I start fishing yet?

bloocrab
06-08-2004, 05:11 PM
:laughs:

I laugh everytime I read one of these questions...

"Have the fish started biting at such and such a place yet?"
"Should I start fishing there yet, is it worth it?"

I'd like to know exactly WHO are you asking that question to -

Is it at the guy who starts early because he's dedicated to the sport in which he loves, the guy who spends night after night determined to find out when they have arrived in his local area, the guy who doesn't ask, but actually puts the time in to find out for himself...What's up? I don't know how people even reply to questions like that, especially when they come from people in the same area. Do you really think your better than anyone else, that you can just sit home until the biggens show up, decipher some posts on your local internet and then get off your lazy aZZse and go fishing because others have found out for you.

:laughs: ...silly I tell ya, just plain silly....:laughs:

Ya got guys like Rappin Mikey who's been kickin lyrics to fish all spring...the dude puts in his time, posts a couple of fish on the net.....so NOW you can go out and know that it's not a waste of time because someone's catching fish. Don't you think Mikey spent numerous fishless nights just rapping to himself? He didn't sit home on the puter waiting for someone to give him the green light...I could see if you fished within a circle of fishing friends but the group didn't always fish the same area, then thru PMs one would ask the other....but to just blatantly ask ....:laughs: All I can do is laugh.....I can just picture it now, I'm out there 3-4 nights a week......and you just keep posting "is it time yet?"..sitting home, nice and dry..sipping your coffee...pushing back your cuticles...and me, the idiot...getting home at 3am, sleeping for 3 hours and then going to work...

:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: Wow...people never cease to amaze me.

MrsSFrances
06-08-2004, 05:22 PM
:smash: Should I start fishing yet:smash:

http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/mofra/DSCN1528.jpg

http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/mofra/DSCN1523.jpg

ummmm my answer would be YES! :happy:

zacs
06-08-2004, 10:35 PM
girlfriend, you gotta clean out that cooler and PACK that sucka with the ice.

macojoe
06-08-2004, 10:42 PM
All the glory and none of the work!!:af:

Crafty Angler
06-08-2004, 10:43 PM
Eeeeee cooodeeesh, Bloo -

I was worried, I was gonna put your picture on a milk carton and offer a ten dollar reward.

Where you been, man.....

Clammer
06-09-2004, 01:01 AM
Nice Tatoo ============ & FISH :kewl:

ask me !! I,ll tell real quick [G&Y ]:smash:

Rappin Mikey
06-09-2004, 07:11 AM
Yeah, I put in so many hours before I got my first fish of the year (April 21st) I was able to come up with almost an entire new album. Remember that song by MC Hammer "You can't touch this"? Well I always was like, man if I was a crazy MC I sure wouldn't be singing you can't touch this. So it inspired me to come up with this tune that I call "Please touch this". But to hear it you are just going to have to by my new album. "Crusty Mustard With the Fresh Condiments Go Hollywood" It should be in your local music shop soon.

MrsSFrances
06-09-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by zacs
girlfriend, you gotta clean out that cooler and PACK that sucka with the ice.

why is the fish afraid of being dirty??? and i bought 4 bags of ice and covered him with the 2 bags and save the others for a just incase, actually the dirt is from the ice melting and cleaning the fish off, this pic was takin right before it was made into fillets...i removed the remaining ice that was left so I could take the shot;)

Thank you Clammer, I got bit by the tattoo bug at an early age:p
I love collecting them:D

tlapinski
06-09-2004, 08:03 AM
so Bloo, has the fall run started yet? :confused:

PurpelNoon
06-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Yeah its funny, alot of the guys I talk to are no where to be found. They are probably out fishing and doing well, meanwhile I'm typing away on teh PC and I'm probably missing it.

S-Journey
06-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by PurpelNoon
Yeah its funny, alot of the guys I talk to are no where to be found. They are probably out fishing and doing well, meanwhile I'm typing away on teh PC and I'm probably missing it.

Purpelnoon - Look on the bright side, you didn't miss the boat because you didn't even know it was leaving:D

Stop talkin', go fishin'!

Notaro
06-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Bloocrab, it is very blunt, but I like it. You are damn right about some of people like us who dont put their time into fishless or fishy nights on the spot. I did put some time into the spot and caught nothing, but moved a round. However, I'm not like Rapping Mikey who is dedicated to the sports and has been rewarded by God. His catches... you are right. I am starting to realize about myself. I could put into time for myself. Now, I'm totally broke, I owe a debt of 1,500 to my credit company. Dad said that I better stop buying things now. And the gas prices have increased.:(

bloocrab
06-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Joseph...

...that was aimed at all the lazy people out there. The people who regularly fish, but just wait until they hear the bite is on or the large have arrived to get their feet wet. :smash:

..from what I've read, you ain't lazy.....you just live in the wrong part of Striperville :)

fishweewee
06-10-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Notaro
Now, I'm totally broke, I owe a debt of 1,500 to my credit company.

Don't forget wee wee's tackle shop. :hihi: Notaro has caught the bug fer sure.

jugstah
06-10-2004, 06:44 AM
Hi guys, of all levels of expertise, it's not fishable out there... the action hasn't heated up yet.. wait til the Winter.. that's when it's really starting to heat up!!!!!

Those keepers you see previously posted are just very good photoshop-modified images to tease you into fishing.

:rolleyes:

chris L
06-10-2004, 07:15 AM
you mean its fishing season ? how much does it cost ? can anyone do it ? could I bring my 5 loud rock throwing kids with me ? would anyone show me where to catch these fish ?

Notaro
06-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by fishweewee

Don't forget wee wee's tackle shop. :hihi: Notaro has caught the bug fer sure.

And I'm looking for a paying job. I bought so many #^&#^&#^&#^&s, man. Yo, Ben, off the subject (sorry, Gilly), I found beachmasters on SWE catalog, they are there. but I gotta pay off the debt first.

Gil, thanks. It's about hunting for a trophy striper and enjoying fishing. I'm having a 4x4 car tomyself this weekend. I'm hoping to get out OTW.