View Full Version : reduce body shock

Goose
06-09-2004, 09:18 PM
I have whats considered a bay boat but I fish in the snot and cross buzzards bay when I can so I take alot of beatings. I recently purchased this "body saver" floor mat. It claims to reduce 81% of vibration ect. Is this as effective as they claim? I've seen others priced consideraly higher, are they better?

Thanks.T

http://www.goboatingamerica.com/brochures04/show.asp?id=182

RIROCKHOUND
06-10-2004, 07:42 AM
Can't hurt...
we added rubber flooring to the wheel house of the 'Queen and it makes a difference on my knee's when we're running all day

Fish On
06-10-2004, 08:36 AM
Not sure why you are kneeling in the pilot house. You might want to try standing up if you really don't want your knees to hurt.

Vectorfisher
06-10-2004, 12:46 PM
I think you have a legitimate excuse to plead with the wife for a bigger boat. After all your health is the most important thing in life. :D

Van
06-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Goose, Keep us posted I am curious if that will work.
Great idea, it ain't my knees, but my feet get sore after a day
of standing and slamming.

MakoMike
06-10-2004, 03:16 PM
Van,
Try Dr Scholls gel inserts, they can make a big difference, especially if you wear fishing boots.

Goose
06-13-2004, 07:03 PM
By about noon there was a good chop outa the SW, I can say it was $$ well spent. Very noticable difference. The only draw back(if you wanna call it that) is that the mat shifted a bit. Mike I too use the gel inserts in my boots and it wasn't enough. Slipknot recommended it...Thanks Dude!