View Full Version : Canal Report

surfrod
06-11-2004, 08:19 AM
I fished the Canal Yesterday (Thursday)
from 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
I managed 3 Micros for my long day.
I fished East End/Middle/West End.
Threw Lead Heads/Rubba and swimmers.
I'm sure there are fish in the canal but I did't find them.
I did'nt see any concentrations of bait and the
birds were all resting on the rocks all day long.
Sounds like a fun day to me...........

Maybe next time I go, I'll try Catching..........

Good Luck this weekend

Slipknot
06-11-2004, 08:46 AM
I think the bass are a little scarce in the ditch right now, just a few here and there, no real concentrations of them. I also think you left to soon(and GS left 1 minute too soon:D ) or didn't fish at night. I know there are some big ones being caught during the day, but I always like my chances at dusk or once it is dark.
Ya just have to be lucky enough to get your bait/jig/lure out there in front of the slobs at the right time. More fish will be funneling thru.

striprman
06-11-2004, 08:51 AM
Why doesn't anyone fish bait (pogie/mackerel) chunks on the bottom with a little chum thrown in for good measure?
You know those hogs are rootin' on the bottom looking for easy pickins.

Slipknot
06-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Who says nobody fishes chunks with chum?

Saltheart
06-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Fish have been scarce in the Ditch as Slip said. Hope it picks up soon.

many people do some serious chunking in the Ditch. They bring several 5 gallon pails of bait and chum. However , its not just throwing out chunks on a sinker and waiting. its very active and difficult to chunk fish at the ditch.

I'll stick to jigs thank you!!

JohnR
06-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Striprman - what's you favorite time on the Vineyard?

jeffsod
06-11-2004, 10:37 AM
I got out the other night and found it quiet but did manage to scrounge up a 20lb fish on a jig. Gotta love rubba...

new jack
06-11-2004, 12:41 PM
been fishing my usual stretch of poles, and it's been slow , Is it me or is there more blues around in the canal than usual for time of year? Maybe i'm just catching more of them. I did get a blue this moring along with a short and fish that was 30". I'll be there in the morning, or maybe tonight....oh hell i'll be there both times.

see all of yis down there!

striprman
06-11-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by JohnR
Striprman - what's you favorite time on the Vineyard?
This is a thread about the canal.

JohnR
06-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by striprman
This is a thread about the canal. Yeh, no kidding, and no trying to go off topic but I'm wondering if I know you... The answer to that question would determine if it was you or not :hihi:

BrianS
06-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Ive been fishing the canal exclusively... and all with chunk... I had two pretty good weekends in a row.. then we went out on Wednesday afternoon and nothing, couple guys there since 5 am and noone had a bite... Someone down the path got a nice blue.. but thats it...

I need to find someone with a boat this weekend...
or not.. ill be back down the canal im sure...

chris L
06-11-2004, 02:04 PM
could someone direct me to the beach ? im lost ! Im hitchhiking across the internet !

bassmaster
06-11-2004, 02:52 PM
:wall: You

chris L
06-11-2004, 02:55 PM
LOL