View Full Version : Fluke on Bombers!

basswipe
06-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Holy cow never seen anything like it.Had to have had a least a dozen fluke hit my yellow bomber.Was only able to solidly hook and land one.It weighed about 3lbs.
JUST got done chowing on it.It wasn't even 20mins out of the water.Absolutely delicious.
Hey Crafty never guess where!

scoobe
06-14-2004, 09:46 PM
My only trip to the canal so far I got skunked... but my buddy did hook a sculpin on his Bomber type minnow. The lure was about 7 inches and the sculpin the same. It just got the belly treble into its mouth.

RIROCKHOUND
06-15-2004, 07:37 AM
Fluke are mean... the old timers will tell ya there is a small beach in newport where you can take em at night on small crack back rebels...

I took one at 1030p last week on a whole squid and 7/0 circle...
Much more aggressive than most give them credit for...
B

macojoe
06-15-2004, 07:46 AM
It is my favorite fish to eat and catch!!:happy:

rwilhelm
06-15-2004, 08:28 AM
I have had fluke hit a cocahoe minnow.

Christian
06-15-2004, 10:46 AM
ive caught fluke on bombers before. my friend was getting them off his boat on mag darters too:)

justplugit
06-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Had a fluke hit a 4in mega bait in 25ft of water while trollin it behind my canoe.:huh: Never knew they were that agressive!

Notaro
06-15-2004, 12:12 PM
i once caught a fluke on a got-cha small darter on mashpee area from a boat while bluefishing. it was a 2 lbs fluke. i had a good dinner on that fluke

Crafty Angler
06-15-2004, 04:47 PM
Geez, Norm, I wish ya hadn't told me that - I just loves fluke, man :tooth:

Hey, I looked for ya Saturday and Sunday - I was down in your 'backyard' wading for 'tog. Uncle Zeke hit a 10.4 white-chinner Saturday (on 8 lb test, I think) and I got a 7 and a 6 lb. Sunday AM. The 10 was full of nearly whole mussel shells and slipper limpets. Nice slob on light tackle for Zekey :btu:

Gimme a shout - I'm probably gonna be driving right by your house tomorrow AM - call Jerry and tell him you feel too good to go to work :laughs:

Goose
06-15-2004, 05:42 PM
L yeah, fluke are bad.

ragfly
06-16-2004, 06:06 AM
3 weeks ago when I was at MV I was catching them on Storm wildeyes, one after the other......doormats. Delicicous!

basswipe
06-17-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Crafty Angler
Geez, Norm, I wish ya hadn't told me that - I just loves fluke, man :tooth:

Hey, I looked for ya Saturday and Sunday - I was down in your 'backyard' wading for 'tog. Uncle Zeke hit a 10.4 white-chinner Saturday (on 8 lb test, I think) and I got a 7 and a 6 lb. Sunday AM. The 10 was full of nearly whole mussel shells and slipper limpets. Nice slob on light tackle for Zekey :btu:

Gimme a shout - I'm probably gonna be driving right by your house tomorrow AM - call Jerry and tell him you feel too good to go to work :laughs:

Things been kinda slow.My dad could be doing better and his dachsund could be doing A LOT better.
Man...that spot ain't bad though.Went there lastnight and tonight.Just haven't had the time to invest.

Crafty Angler
06-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Hey, BW, hope things start to turn around for your dad - sometimes it just takes time and a lot of work to get back on track - unfortunately, been there and done it with my father-in-law. I know it ain't easy -

Yeah, I've been a little time starved lately too, been hitting the south end of the island just to get another 30 mins. of fishing in -

Definitely gonna hit the bar with some 'flavored' jigs :) - man, I haven't hit fluke yet this year. I'm ready!