View Full Version : Summer Plans

JohnR
06-16-2004, 08:27 AM
A different twist on things - what are your summer plans? What do you want to do this season that is different from years past? Where do you want to fish that you haven't fished before?

Personally, there are a couple islands I want to explore more. I also intend to become a more efficient plugger - especially in light of all the nice and schweet cusotom plugs I've received from several of you (again - many thanks :btu: )...

Want to maker it back to Block and make a shot at the Derby :drool:

Fishpart
06-16-2004, 08:46 AM
Work more, Fish less..............:wall::bc::yak:

HighTide
06-16-2004, 08:52 AM
I'd like to get a little more fihing in this year. Maybe get down to the Cape a little more often or my old haunts around Castle Hill

Big Vern
06-16-2004, 09:09 AM
First and foremost...finish redoing my kitchen. I've barely had time to fish between the house and work, but I have managed a few nice fish so far on the boat.

When I free up some time, I'd like to figure out some South Shore spots that I've only managed to fish a few times thus far. I also want to spend a lot more time at the Canal as I've decided to give up the beaches in favor of the canal.

06-16-2004, 09:11 AM
I would like to get more night boat fishing in this season. Also another trip to the Outer Banks to do a little scouting.

Saltheart
06-16-2004, 09:13 AM
I have some big projects at my house. I need a backhoe in to rearrange some dirt and rocks and i want to build a deck and maybe put a roof over it and screen it in. Build the deck at least , the rest may be dreaming.

Other than that , I want to take a few trips , like the Cape , Maine , maybe Canada?? .

As far as fishing goes , I expect it to be a summer of all Canal fishing. May get to go to some other places a few time but 95% will be Ditch Jigging.

partsjay
06-16-2004, 09:18 AM
Would like to do more beach fishing on the outer cape & p-town. I plan on making a commando trip to 1 island I love as well.

schoolie monster
06-16-2004, 10:02 AM
I know I had big plans at the end of last season... what new things I wanted to try, opportunities I wasn't going to miss... but it hasn't worked out so far.

I wanted to make sure I hit the cape for the bluefish blitzes early on cause that is some of the best action in fishing anywhere. I wanted to be sure to take advantage of the mackerel run and learn that and hopefully get a fish of the season. I wanted to get some leadcore to learn the tube 'n worm some. I was hoping to hit a couple of the SB.com legs.

That stuff didn't really or probably won't happen for various reasons. Mostly just not enough time and energy.

Seems like I'm still trying to get into a groove here. I haven't settled in yet.

For the summer, I want explore the north shore of boston a little... it looks like there's alot of sand flats to sight fish up there and plenty of rocks to pound... keep working on the harbor islands with the plastics plus getting some herring in there. I had some nice success doing that last year.

Use the flyrod a bit more. I got some new sinking line and some sweet flies. I'll use that fishing the wash along the rocky shores.

I'd also like to do a little more time in the surf with eels. Before I got the boat, I was really improving with that. I've been slackin' the past couple years.

Its been a wierd spring, I'm hoping things just get settled in here for a nice summer.

Rappin Mikey
06-16-2004, 10:06 AM
I'll be doing the Race Point thing almost every weekend. I'd like to make a bunch more trips to Gloucester in the Summer and Rhody in the Fall then I did last year. I'd like to win a million dollars and catch a sixty pounder to boot./

Motor Fish
06-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Other than my usual spots, I'm planning on being the Commando King this summer / fall. My buddy is closing on a Nantucket house Friday, so he'll be getting many visits this summer. Planning overnight trips to Cuttyhunk and / or Block Island too. Finally, renting a house in Clearwater for a week. It's got a boat and a canal to the gulf in the back yard!

Shawn B
06-16-2004, 11:06 AM
I would like to get more all nighters on the boat this summer than I managed to last summer, they always seem productive it's just having the time to do them that is usually the issue. I am going to try do go to the canal a lot more when I am shore bound and am going to try to learn some more spots down the cape.

macojoe
06-16-2004, 11:43 AM
Fish!!
Last year I fished so much I was kind of glad at the end of the season.
But this year I have a new Job with the state and as a new job have no time off. :(
And being that I am not going to get out of work till 8 am, I have to figure out were to get parking for when I want to fish :confused:
I am working Eastham and was told I can bring the boat to work, if I want to!!
So if I can find a place to park I will be fishing Chatam alot more this year.
But on my days off I will be hitting the Vinyard!! This is were the fish are! And I am going to fish it as much as I can!!

CANAL RAT
06-16-2004, 12:34 PM
i want to do more do more night fishing and master eeling and fish nauset beach, pt judith,Plum island

Mr. Sandman
06-16-2004, 01:19 PM
I plan to take some time off without pay this summer and fall. I really need more time to seriously fish. I need the money too but I would rather spend time on the water with my kids then work. I think I may work 1/2 time during the summer and take 6 or so weeks completely off in sept and oct just to fish. I have not done that in years and would like to see if I still can get into it again at that level. I am getting older now and don't know if I have the energy for the constant demand of fishing every day but I would like to give it hell this fall and would like to spend more quality time with my boys fishing this summer...there is a lot of water to explore! Now I just have to convince the rest of my company that they don't need me during the summer/fall but will need me after the fishing stops....
Around the house I have to get the basement finished...I started it in late winter and it is 90% framed out but ran out of time and directed the $ that was slated to the basement to a new motor :D . I need to get this done by 05 or I will take a lot of heat from the crew. We just need to add more hours to each day....

MakoMike
06-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Not planning on anything different, just more of it!:D

jsullivan
06-16-2004, 04:01 PM
dedicated to the serious pursuit of a 50# prettymuch everything in my life has been cast aside as sik as it sounds the better half / the job(working minimal hrs/ I have the option )/ anything pressing.... I want it and the way the fishing has been cranking up anyone on the water has the distinct possibility of it happening to them

fishweewee
06-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Buy some lottery tixx so I don't have to kill myself working. :crying:

ThrowingTimber
06-16-2004, 04:12 PM
I get a few steps closer to the dark side as well :D

Uncle Matt
06-16-2004, 04:23 PM
To finally strip and paint my mothers house and spend some time on my new boat. At least enough time to justify buying it! I'd also like to spend some more time with my nieces and nephews fishing.

Bazza
06-16-2004, 08:26 PM
This summer I hope to fish the outer beaches and the canal more.

Got Stripers
06-16-2004, 09:37 PM
July I'm headed to Maine, to get away from all of it, that's my goal can't wait. No striped bass in that picture, but them brown bass are the best there is, nothing fights harder or is a purty tail walking across a glass smooth cove at sunup.