View Full Version : Anybody Got An Old Point Jude Box?

Crafty Angler
06-16-2004, 06:01 PM
Figure this is the place to ask -

A friend of mine bought the Point Jude company and we're redoing the logo for his business card and his packaging.

Does anyone have an old Pt. Jude box? I just want to get a look at it first-hand (or buy it for Joe if it's in primo shape) - I think the logo oughta incorporate some of the old elements. I really think he's gonna do pretty good with it - hey, it's an old Rhody classic.

Now, if there should just so happen to be a plug inside....well, I wouldn't mind one of those, either. :p

Thanks, men - figured I'd give it a shot. Don't know what they're worth these days, let me know.

Adam R
06-18-2004, 06:38 AM
From what time period? The PJ boxes went through several changes over the years. I think I may have put up a few pictures in the old plug thread last winter. I can put up a few pictures this weekend if you'd like.
Adam

Crafty Angler
06-26-2004, 08:07 PM
Thanks Adam - I just saw your reply tonite.

A coupla pictures would be great, we're doing Joe's logo (Mrs. Crafty is being referred to as 'The Graphics Dept.' lately - I told her it'd be a good name for her little sideline business she's been doing - hey, I think it's catchy, anyway). It's for the packaging cards for his tins and I wanted to get a good idea of fonts, etc on the old logos.

Joe's a helluva nice guy and a hard worker and I think he'll do well with it - I thought the new packaging should reflect some of the old elements - Pt. Jude's been around since the '40's - which I'm sure you know, anyway. I'm also trying to get a little more background info on the company for him too, if ya have any links. He's gotten some stuff online from Tattoo so far.

I'm sure Joe will be happy to send ya some samples as a thank you - and thanks again from me! :btu:

If ya PM me your address, I see that Joe gets it -

Nebe
07-10-2004, 10:21 PM
found these for you crafty-

Nebe
07-10-2004, 10:22 PM

Crafty Angler
07-11-2004, 08:34 PM
Eben, thanks a lot - I know Joe will be happy to see these, we're trying to give a feeling of continuity to his new packaging and logo and continuing another Rhody classic

Anyway, I just saw this post tonite, thanks from us too! Joe's a helluva nice guy, glad you got a chance to meet him today - I think he's gonna do well with Pt. Jude.

Of course if I do have the clearance/yard and porch sale we talked about today I will have more room to set up a wood shop next to the tackle bunker :tooth: -

Which means I'll be hangin' out here a little more often - instead of stopping in for the drool factor from time to time :hihi:

The standards you guys have set for plug-making are gonna be a tough act to match, though - gives me a little something to shoot for!

likwid
07-12-2004, 11:53 AM
I've got the 4th tin from the left in that pic Eben posted.

Still fish it.
Still catch with it. :D