View Full Version : now for fishing.......

MNIOCC
06-17-2004, 09:12 AM
I was on vacation last week and managed to catch some awesome bass in the ----- neck/----- beach area all from school plugs to 25lbs. --------- harbor was smoking on the dropping tide and by smoking lets say 25+ FISH A TIDE IS NOT A FANTASY. Throw in from 4-8 keepers to that 2 to 3 of wich will be 36" or more. I lost a mama cow on a slow drift just after the tide turned that pulled 30 yards on the first run like it was yawning. Got 2 nice 38's with 4 other keepers that morning. ------- beach is just red hot with fish right on the beach. If your fishing from a boat you should be about 2 good casts from shore to start your drift and stay about that far away. The fish are really close and are hiding on the flats during low tide in some verrrry skinny water, it will amaze you. --------- has some miles of sand eels and if you catch it right you should clean up. The day I went we had sand eels all over but guess what, no fish. hope this helps someone going out into the bay," Boa sorte"!

Don't want to ruin your post, but we are pretty touchy when folks get specific on spots. Fishpart

The Dad Fisherman
06-17-2004, 09:50 AM
:shocked: :shocked:

likwid
06-17-2004, 11:13 AM
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Its gonna be comical when people go out of their minds over this.

MNIOCC
06-18-2004, 09:01 AM
LOOK, if I want to post about where the fish are then I will do that and if I want to get specific then i will do that. It always amazes me that people think that fishing success is based upon no one knowing a certain area is holding fish except you. It is no big secret that these areas hold fish this time of year. Also some of you who get so offended by this need to realize that if there were not fish in these areas that something would be very wrong and everyone would be complaining about how they used to catch tons of fish in these same places year after year. So, realize that a tip or report is just that, fish move and this time of year things change aweful fast. Any tackle store will give the same kind of info that this Forum does, Molly B gives a great report for the CC TIMES and I think she gets a bad rap from the surf crowd in general. Also please understand that not too many people fish at the times that I do. There are many nights that I am alone in the wee hours and bass are smashing everything .. Get used to me boys, and work on your presentation not dissin me for posting.........

RockLobsta
06-18-2004, 11:20 AM
I'll drink to that.....:cheers:

Mike P
06-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by MNIOCC
LOOK, if I want to post about where the fish are then I will do that and if I want to get specific then i will do that. It always amazes me that people think that fishing success is based upon no one knowing a certain area is holding fish except you. It is no big secret that these areas hold fish this time of year. Also some of you who get so offended by this need to realize that if there were not fish in these areas that something would be very wrong and everyone would be complaining about how they used to catch tons of fish in these same places year after year. So, realize that a tip or report is just that, fish move and this time of year things change aweful fast. Any tackle store will give the same kind of info that this Forum does, Molly B gives a great report for the CC TIMES and I think she gets a bad rap from the surf crowd in general. Also please understand that not too many people fish at the times that I do. There are many nights that I am alone in the wee hours and bass are smashing everything .. Get used to me boys, and work on your presentation not dissin me for posting.........

Yeah, but for every person like you who realizes that, there's 1000 people who think that if the fish were there last night, they'll be there tonight.

Maybe they won't be there in the wee hours, but they'll be there. Visible to neighbors, leaving trash, parking illegally, all of the things that result in No Parking signs, gates, and police patrols.

Iwannakeeper
06-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by RockLobsta
I'll drink to that.....:cheers:

Pour me one, cause I'll drink to that as well. :cheers:

RIROCKHOUND
06-18-2004, 02:52 PM
MNIOCC
"Get used to me boys, and work on your presentation not dissin me for posting........."

Maybe instead you should get used to the general accepted practice of not posting spots... Post that you slammed bass last night, what size they were, hell what they were on, but as a general rule people keep spots reserved for private messages and emails.. burning spots on the net does lead to increased traffic at a given spot... many of us here have seen it!

schoolie monster
06-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Hey MNIOCC, I don't think anyone is concerned that you are sharing a report and most of us know that fish move around and may or may not be there tomorrow.

The general concern is the specific naming of spots on the internet and its contribution to the continuing shrinkage of access year to year.

Most of us attribute this loss of access to the saturation of spots with too many fishermen. Even if only a small % are hacks that litter, drink, disturb the locals, etc.. spots can get shut down in a hurry.

The internet age has people becoming impatient and want everything at the click of a button. Learning to fish is a slow process (where, when, what, how, etc) and it should be slow. People learn a little when they go thru that process and hopefully learn to respect the sport.

I think any spot will "age" to some degree. You bring a friend, he brings another friend, someone else stumbles on to it, whatever. But you have the benefit of knowing and trusting that friend... can't say that over the internet or in a magazine 'cause you don't know who's reading. And adding a few people here and there may not be noticeable... with all the other sites, books and mags, we're talkin' thousands.

I don't know where you fish, but maybe your spots have alot of public parking and can handle lots of fishermen... but alot of spots don't and can't. Maybe they are small, or have tenuous parking, or are on private property. This is where the concern comes from.

Don't take it personally, its a very "current" topic. We as a group are just trying to do the right thing and slow down the naming of spots on this site, and hopefully, slow down the loss of access.

I hope you can see where we are coming from and not take offense.

Hey, I'm a boat guy so I could give a crap :) ... just trying to help.

likwid
06-18-2004, 03:17 PM
So when are people gonna complain about papers posting specific locations?

Oh yeah, they don't care :D

Youngmoon74
06-18-2004, 03:55 PM
I agree with the no postin specifics, used to have a couple nice spots last year not too much traffic but now i can't even throw a line in either that or some knuckle heads

Sparfish
06-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Instead of Hourding a Hot Spot, since you experienced casters know so much, find new Hot Spots when one gets too crowded. Or are we just too fat and lazy. I wonder why we are a culture that has this sense that we feel entitled to things that should be shared and not covetted. Grow up people and get over your selfrightousness!

Youngmoon74
06-18-2004, 03:57 PM
.....knuckle heads drift their lines into everybody....and keep doin it all friggin night long till they leave or u get tired of yellin at them and pack it up

JohnR
06-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Sparfish
Instead of Hourding a Hot Spot, since you experienced casters know so much, find new Hot Spots when one gets too crowded. Or are we just too fat and lazy. I wonder why we are a culture that has this sense that we feel entitled to things that should be shared and not covetted. Grow up people and get over your selfrightousness! Sparfish - we DO share spots, when and how and where to fish them with others, often its when we've decided to fish with someone else on the board for the first time (or the 20th), sometimes its by PM, sometimes its via e-mail (please dont send me a bunch of PMs or E-mails :eek5: ), sometimes we do it at one of our get togethers - like tomorrow. But to unravel it all on the Internet time and time again can and sometimes DOES overrun a spot. Maybe we're being a little responsible instead of being elitist ?? That's where I'm coming from and a lot on the board. Spread the pressure a little... Now, if you still don't agree or at least see WHY I'm saying this, send me all your spots :rotfl:

So when are people gonna complain about papers posting specific locations?

Oh yeah, they don't care Sumtin like dat

MNIOCC - like I mentioned to Sparfish, we do share spots and the knowledge to work those spots. And the rare occasion I read Molly's stuff - I like it. But does every single medium out there need to puke spots? 57 channels of spot and report talk really necessary?

striprman
06-18-2004, 05:20 PM
The next time you go to "your" spot and the multitudes are there,
ask someone how they found that particular "spot".

JohnR
06-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by striprman
The next time you go to "your" spot and the multitudes are there,
ask someone how they found that particular "spot".

Striprman - I've done it before and I've heard Internet and online enough to know there is an impact.

Would the real StriperMan please stand up....

striprman
06-18-2004, 05:40 PM
I don't think there are any "secret spots", some are just "fished" less than others.
Easy access= crowds, good fishing=crowds, big fish=crowds, popular vacation areas=crowds, well known
areas=crowds, "famous" locations=crowds, good tides/weather=crowds.
You could hike to the end of the earth, if the fishing is good, someone, at some point in time, will be fishing there.

Karl F
06-18-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by JohnR

Would the real StriperMan please stand up....

:hihi:

John... if you mean who I am thinking, I think he would way in heavy on this, but he ain't posting much of anything anymore, anywhere, including his own forum.... he's just having fun lurkin'

:wave: Tone :cool:

JohnR
06-18-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Karl F
:hihi:

John... if you mean who I am thinking, I think he would way in heavy on this, but he ain't posting much of anything anymore, anywhere, including his own forum.... he's just having fun lurkin'

:wave: Tone :cool: Ya mean "Conclave"??

Karl F
06-18-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by JohnR
Ya mean "Conclave"??

:rolleyes: He's no fan of them! :hihi:

TS the ORIGINAL Striperman :D

striprman
06-18-2004, 05:58 PM
I will never change my "name". I am proud to be striprman.

All fishing is ,is a little luck built on experience and perseverence.

Now go catch some fish.

JohnR
06-18-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Karl F
:rolleyes: He's no fan of them! :hihi:

TS the ORIGINAL Striperman :D Yeh - I saw his rant on FFSW one day a year or two back....

striprman - STRIPERMAN has an object that causes great reverence amongst the masses that pound the night - her name is Bertha

iluvspots
06-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Darnit, would someone tell me where this spot is so that I can have a beer party there and trash the hell out of it?

bassmaster
06-18-2004, 09:09 PM
yeah oyster habah rd in losterville:laughs:

MikeTLive
06-18-2004, 10:47 PM
It holds fish.
But people who wish to fish it cant get to it cause they would be standing in +12" of water and risk a dunking :) ... I studied the area using satelite photos. I walked around it a bunch of times at dead low tide. Comparing the shifting sands and mud to the visible current from the low tide before.

(Got to do something while you are feeding the seagulls)

I know where to stand and where to cast so my bait drifts into where there should be fish.

(never mind that the damn fish still are hiding and teasing by stealing my bait - no, not crabs. I have pulled them in to have the striper happily chomping a fraction of an inch BELOW the hook!!!.)

I have noticed a LOT more people fishing the same area.
They must have seen me over the last year studying it.
I also found a well beaten path very near my treasure trove.
However, when the tide or weather turns... so do they.

IT takes more than jsut a spot with fish to catch fish.
They will get tired and leave to the next hot spot.

Me? I am a fool in the rain still trying to figure out how to get them damn fish onto my line as I watch the tide go up and down. up and down. up and down.

MNIOCC
06-19-2004, 10:20 AM
ok lets name some spots shall we. tha canal, chapin beach, chatam, nauset beach, lacounts hollow, the race........... barnstable harbor, billings gate shoals......... all hold fish from time to time, go get em....... and I can count the number of people on one hand that fish when I do at night. I start at midnight...... and I always clean up a place a little before I leave. so all you paranoid casters please move on, there are too many fish around to keep crying about a spot and thia post........move on boys and boa sorte.