View Full Version : Fluke Question

Gotofish
06-18-2004, 09:38 AM
How's the fluke bite towards dusk? Do they turn off?

I'm trying to come up with tonights plans-
1. Bass fish in the upper bay for bass by boat
2. Head down to PJ-maybe Fluke till dark, then eels?

Here's the deal-have a night to fish and really got bit by the Fluke bug last weekend, but have never fished for them except during the middle of the day when the bass slow down. Just wondering if it's worth it. Thanks

goosefish
06-18-2004, 10:16 AM
Fluke are strange, sometimes they bite sometimes they don't. For fluke it seems more tidal dependent: got to have a drift, and a current drift is better than a wind drift. But any drift is better than a skate drift.

fishweewee
06-18-2004, 10:19 AM
Fluke are voracious predators...even at night. If you have current and shadowlines created by artificial light, you can fluke at night.

Gotofish
06-18-2004, 10:28 AM
I think it's going to be the bay. I'd have to take a 2 hr lunch to get everything set up, then by the time I got down to PJ after work and on the water, the tide would be slowing down. Kind of a bummer but I'l be starting to work in E. Greenwich after the 4th so it will be much easier then. Anyone else fishing the bay tonight?

basswipe
06-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Not that I know much about fluke fishing but I had'em chasing a 6" Bomber Monday at dusk.I even caught one...about 3lbs.