View Full Version : BigFish Is Back.........

BigFish
06-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Hi all...:wave: I am back and may I say that I have never seen a worse two week stretch of fishing in my life in June down the backside!!!!:smash: Did not fish really as hard as I would have liked, but what fishing I did do, which was still quite a bit....sucked!!!!:wall: Fortunately, I was not alone as all my buddies were down there and they can attest that the fish were simply not to be found!:huh: Got two "dinks" a week ago Thurday at the Race and that is it!!!! Can you believe that? Fortunately my youngest son went large...(got his first keeper ever from surf....29 inches and 7.75 pounds of him) I was about as proud as a Dad can be.:uhuh: :D My son Nathan, who is 10 years old, got his keeper at the Race ch#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g a 2 oz. crippled herring. He fought that fish like a champ and did everything I taught him to do. I was about as happy as I could be. Took lots of photos, no digi-camera sorry. Man was he a happy kid, the look on his face was worth more to me than anything I can think of, it really was the highlight of my trip. I thought I was gonna bust wide open I was so proud of him.;) Yes, BasicPatrick.....you can say it.......my son outfished me and I am glad he did.:) Had a great time though regardless of the no fish factor. Got so relaxed I thought Fishchick and I were gonna go into a coma. She drove her new Tacoma truck on the beach for the first time so that was fun. Fished three nights with Slingah, Joey G and Slingahs buddy Bobby.....had fun but no fish of mention were had!:bc: I did however start fishing one of my own plugs.....they are done and I will have pics up this week when Slingah can come over and take some with his digi-camera. Glad to see you are all doing well. Slipknot, sorry we could not hook up down the backside, we had company that Saturday night so I could not get away.....Habs, thought I might hear from you but I am guessing you did not make it down there Thursday? You did not miss anything......would have been nice fishing with you though.:happy:

BigFish
06-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Slingah....can you post the picture you took of my sons fish that you took on Thursday evening? You know which one I mean......the delicious one!;)

jugstah
06-19-2004, 11:49 AM
bigfish, glad you and your son had a ball..

i sure know the feeling when your little one outfishes you for a big striper... :)

:happy: :happy:

redlite
06-19-2004, 11:51 AM
After you guys bailed, stomped the heck out of 2 other spots. Water and conditions were PERFECT. But NOT EVEN A FREAKIN TOUCH!!!!!!!. BAHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Left at 4.

BigFish
06-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Nice to see you as always Mike......next time take me up on crashing with us so you don't crash from exhaustion.;) Fishing was pretty tough, huh Mike?:huh:

Flaptail
06-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Larry, I wish you had found me. I had only obne night where we got the skunk-a-roo and unfortunately John R. picked that night to hit the beach as well. A week ago tonight 'round the corner at the race I was into fish from 10:30 at night till two thirty the next morning. Hell I even outfished Bassmaster that night and Slip walked right by me in the dark and didn't know I was into them and left. I do not use a light at night unless it is a real emergency. Being tall as I am helps when you need to be on a certain sand bar 150 feet from the beach. Last Monday night on Nauset with Bassmaster and Mike L.we did very well indeed. Race Point is tide specific and you gotta know the time and tide to fish it. Last weekend was the right tide and I was not surprised to find myself all alone and catching. Down Truro way a week ago Thursday just before the t-storms rolled down from P-town they went nutz on Dannys just before dark and took Yozuris in between lightning flashes. I won't even tell you about how good the fishing was in the daytime from the skiff as well. PM me before your next trip down maybe you and I can do a little search and destroy. Sorry to hear it sucked for you.:confused:

BigFish
06-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Fun time anyway Flap.....man is the Race a mess or what? And all closed up for the damn plovers!!!!!! Glad you were hitting them hard Flap, I would love to have hooked up with you. I was with my kids part of the first week and with Fishchick the rest of the time till my buddies came down Wednesday night to fish hard. But with all the fishing I did, and all the spots I hit....you would have thought I could have done better!:( I did not hear anyone else slamming them either....other than you Tall Cape Guy! Lets head out some night together and fish, I bet the two of us walking down the beach in the dark will throw a scare into a few people.:D I wanted to hook up with Slip to fish last weekend but could not as we had guests visiting.:smash: Glad to hear you are well.;) Thanks for the info also.

Slingah
06-19-2004, 02:36 PM
here is the fish....
it was goooooood
Thanks 4 everything Larry

Van
06-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Hmmmm,,,,

Schooled by his son !!!!

Sounds familiar !!!!!:D :D :D :D

BigFish
06-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Oh, the pain.....the pain!;) What a great moment Van......got some great pics, hope they come out good!:happy:

Flaptail
06-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Your on Larry! Gotta remember to fish smart not hard. I am not the be all end all but I got that Race Point stuff down good and it's become routine, follow the tide one way and back the other and no need to be somewhere until the time is correct ( tide specific) I will spill the beans in November for you and the guys at the club meeting so bring A note pad. ( Then I will have to sell my truck, grow a beard and get a couple inches taken off between the kneees and the ankles on both legs!) Some places only produce for an hour and if you miss that golden hour your screwed. Can't get to sedimentary either gotta move gotta hunt gotta find 'em. I will say this much the parking lot fishing has been better than the beach driving stuff and yes that Race is some chewed up but I kind of like it. Damm that Plover making a nest right in the trail by the lighthouse, thank God for Coyote's, it's only a matter of time. Did see some neat #^&#^&#^&#^& though, a coupke huge basking sharks, a pod of pilot whales chowing on a school of sea herring off the beach in Truro and a deer just walking along in the surf at dusk Thursday evening and larger whales blowing off shore.:D

Maloney
06-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Big Fish. You had a Great time...you had the kids and they were full of joy. Job One: being a Dad.

BigFish
06-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Five thumbs up to that Maloney!:btu: :btu: :btu: :btu: :btu:

CAL
06-19-2004, 06:20 PM
Sorry to hear the fish weren't cooperating. Sounds like you guys had a good time though. Congrats to your son, gotta love when they get that first keeper :happy:

Maloney
06-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Of course, when ya tossing everything ya got and ya playing "super mucho macho surf-caster", and you can't convince a skate to give your stuff a second look, and ya hear your kid say to ya as she looks up from her book, " Hey Dad, could you bring in my line? I think I caught a fish." Ya do it and she has a keeper!!!!
So, you say, "Hey, how did that happen?". And she replies, "Dad, I am a woman. What do you expect?". Hello!!!!

True story. Race Point, 1999.

Tagger
06-19-2004, 06:42 PM
sounds like a bum trip turned out a winner .. Thats great your son outfished you ... A memory fishing with dad,,thats what its all about ...Your only ten once.. happy ending ..:wiggle:

macojoe
06-19-2004, 07:03 PM
:btu: :btu: Glad to see you back!

Let me no when you want real fish!! I will take you in the boat! :laughs: :laughs:

Moose Nuckle
06-19-2004, 08:15 PM
I'm glad you had a good time Larry. Just to let you know it was kind of quiet around here with out you........Moose

BigFish
06-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Hey Moose, how are you? See you Wednesday? I got sumthin' 4 you.........:happy:

Moose Nuckle
06-19-2004, 08:23 PM
Nice, :happy: I will see you there.......Moose

tlapinski
06-20-2004, 11:26 AM
i can't beleive it. i walked right past BigFish and Redlite friday night on the beach. two of the most talkative guys i have ever met and i didn't even realize it was you. :rolleyes:

Slingah
06-20-2004, 12:35 PM
redlite said that was you....I thought he was crazy...it was so dark you could not see squat

BigFish
06-20-2004, 01:03 PM
Wished I had known T-Lap, would have been good to say hello!:huh: Ja catch any fish yourself T-Lap?:confused:

bart
06-20-2004, 01:11 PM
i was down that this past week as well. never worked so hard in my life for a bunch of shorts. between me and my father we only managed one keeper the whole week. had a nice fish follow in my danny, but other than that i didn't see see squat. did however meet Surf121(i think that's his screename) from LI. pleasure to meet him, wish there were more fish around.

BigFish
06-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Don't we all Bart, pretty hard work with no reward for me.:(

tlapinski
06-20-2004, 01:24 PM
BF, not even a hit between friday and saturday night. mung started to move into that area saturday. i ran into redlite last night in that parking lot. he told me then it was you guys the night before. oh well, roaming the beaches all night not catching fish beats sitting at home not catching fish.

Slipknot
06-20-2004, 01:50 PM
No problem Larry, we'll get together one of these weekends. I will be down all summer every weekend. I was going to go to the meeting to see Crazy Al Wed. but I hope to go fishing at the race that night with the tall capeman :) when he speaks, I listen.
I nailed a mess of schoolies on a needle I made this winter that night. I didn't even know that was Flap out in the water, I should have known.
Anyway, sorry to hear you didn't do too well but glad your boy got a nice one :)

BigFish
06-20-2004, 01:52 PM
Thanks Slip, I was disappointed I could not hook up with you....I was looking forward to it but could not work it out. Lets do it asap!;)

Raider Ronnie
06-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Hey Big fish,
Welcome back, and congrats to you're son on his 1st keeper!!!
I now what you mean about being a proud dad!!!
You read last weeks Sportsmans Den report in the Fisherman?
My son Leo got a 29# 44in Bass the week before !!!
:btu: Made mom very happy reading it !!!
Ron

BasicPatrick
06-20-2004, 11:42 PM
Welcome Back BF...

your PPD has dropped off hard...

fish are around...both from shore & Boat:D

Rappin Mikey
06-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Oh Big Fish, things just weren't the same without you:(

bart
06-21-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
Don't we all Bart, pretty hard work with no reward for me.:(

man that does stink, just makes it all that more worthwhile when you're there for that next blitz. at least that's what i keep telling myself.

chris L
06-21-2004, 08:34 AM
yup sure was slow in 2 nights only got 4 fish biggest went around 20" . and where was all the driveable beach I waited in line ti use . them birds better be done and fly away by the time I get up there again . I even took the death march to long light and wood light . Ill be back !