View Full Version : Still a few around

Rappin Mikey
06-21-2004, 07:40 AM
Mostly very small fish this weekend. A few keepers. Here was my biggest, a 41" slim jim. I didn't weigh her before she went back, but I'm guessing 19-22#?

tlapinski
06-21-2004, 07:42 AM
i know that spot...... :D

Rappin Mikey
06-21-2004, 07:49 AM
Check your PM's.

Christian
06-21-2004, 09:06 AM
awsome:)

Strider
06-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Just my 2 cents Mikey, but if you going to shove your fingers into the gill plates like that, you might as well kill and keep the fish. From my experience and what I've read, the survival rate is low regarding hands in the gill plates. Just something you may want to think about. Pease Up!

Rappin Mikey
06-21-2004, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I didn't even notice I was holding her like that until I took the picture. She was out of the water for all of about 10 seconds though. I had my buddy grabbing the camera two seconds after I had the fish on cause I knew it was picture worthy and I wanted to get her back in as soon as I could. She was still pretty green when I let her go, and swam off like a rocket. I'm gonna go the opposite way and say that fish had a 99% chance of living. I think people are going a little over the top with the mortality rate percentages these days. You can't weigh a fish with a boga, which really means you shouldn't lip them (99% of the fish that are weighed or held this way die you know) You never want to slip your hands in the gill plates either. Actually, you might as well kill the fish if a hook is caught in the gills, because if you accidentally touch the fish in the gills while trying to wiggle the hook out, they automatically die as well. When I release my fish, I am very careful with easing them back into the water and getting them moving again. I also very rarely use trebble hooks. Even though you need to be careful, these fish are a lot tougher then you think. I really just don't buy that they are dying so easily. So spare me the lessons, and get pissed if you want. I think all you guys that are using trebbles are killing a hell of a lot more fish then I am. I am out! Rappin

Strider
06-21-2004, 11:05 AM
hahahaha.....no man I'm not pissed, I got thicker skin than that.
My post was only an observation and comment that I think makes a difference. Didn't mean to get your dander up. Obviously you have a different opinion than I and that's cool.
Anyway, nice fish and have a great season.

ReelChitty
06-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Nice fish Mikey!

Rappin Mikey
06-21-2004, 11:43 AM
I am always a little testy early in the morning.:D

missing link
06-21-2004, 11:45 AM
nice fishy!

C-5 CC
06-22-2004, 05:57 AM
Hey Mikey-
WTF! I go all the way to Cuttyhunk to get skunked, while you stay home, save your money for something important, and catch all the friggen fish!!! :D
Brandon

Rappin Mikey
06-22-2004, 07:11 AM
:huh: :huh:
You up for a trip to Race Point this weekend? Sounds like I'm going to get some cardio out there this weekend. Plovers!!

beachwalker
06-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Way to go Mikey !

Things is good down here. Fish are active. Have been working the East side and it has been great after dark.

What do you think of this spot ? Can anyone name it ?

UserRemoved1
06-22-2004, 07:43 AM
nice BAR :D

Rappin Mikey
06-22-2004, 07:50 AM
Planet of the apes? I wanna go back:crying: :crying:

C-5 CC
06-22-2004, 09:10 AM
Can't do Race Pt...I have a that stupid AF class wed-sun this week!!:( They shouldn't schedule these classes between May and Nov...duh! But...I will be there at the SPOT every day @4AM.
Meet ya there!
Brandon

beachwalker
06-22-2004, 04:18 PM
That's right Mikey. Planet o' the Apes :D That's it way off in the backround. Place went off two nights ago.
That rip in the photo got us 10-20 lbers on every pass then we went back up North and popped some Sea Bass and Fluke.

I love summer :)

ReelChitty
06-23-2004, 12:29 AM
Mikey I believe me and petey are going to be making our way down saturday night. Can't wait to get out on the beach.