View Full Version : I caught BONES?

PROKHAOS
08-11-2001, 07:13 AM
I can't believe this. I was fishing lastnight, like always.....I did get a good hit, and tried hooking it...but instead to my surprise I reeled up this instead of a normal striper:

JohnR
08-11-2001, 07:41 AM
A little fillett and release by someone, later picked clean by the hard shelled spiders of the sea...

I remember seeing a very large bass carcass on Misquamicut that someone filletted & released...

Mike P
08-11-2001, 08:37 AM
Bluefish bones at that, from the look of the tail. Or maybe what's left of a Loomis "Fear No Fish" hat.

JohnR
08-12-2001, 08:05 AM
Recently picked at by the looks of it... Is this what they mean by fish fear me(well, not this year - one needs to actually go fishing in order to put the fear into the fish)? They jump right out of their skins?

Saltheart
08-14-2001, 10:52 AM
You probably want to report that one in inches rather than pounds! :)

I once saw a big swordfish head on East Beach right near Blue Shutters. We figured it was someone goofing on people who had driven over and dropped it off. It could have washed up though. We'll never know.

Jenn
08-14-2001, 11:12 PM
well I am not good enough to catch bones.....but one time I did catch the biggest skate I have ever seen suctiones to a 3' x3' piece of ply wood >(

JohnR
08-15-2001, 07:45 AM
That's called a "Barndoor Skate".... indigenous to the waters of Cape Cod Bay and Stellwagen