View Full Version : Anyone launch out of Scituate?

Vectorfisher
06-24-2004, 08:18 PM
Was looking to go out of Scituate and try a few cod spots, any good ramps an out of towner can use without worrying about the truck being there all day? Also need to be able to load a 24 footer low or high tide.

BigBo
06-24-2004, 11:33 PM
Scituate has an excellent ramp. I use the ramp a lot since it's the closest to my house. It's a free ramp and parking is secure for an all day affair. Plenty of room for your 24' HS. I just helped launch a 30' Boston Whaler there on Wednesday. Matter of fact, I just got home from there. A little night fishing run.;)

Vectorfisher
06-25-2004, 10:46 AM
Directions from route 3 ??? Sorry gotta help the handicapped!

BigBo
06-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Get off at exit 13 (Route 53 Hanover) and head north for about 1/2 mile to the intersection of Route 123. Take a right heading east on 123 until the end at the intersection of Route 3A. Straight through the lights at 3A and immediately bear right towards the road with the ongoing construction. You're now on the Drftway in Scituate. Keep following that road all the way to the center of town. As you come out of the center of town the road swings to the left in front of the commercial fish pier. At the set of lights, take a right and the ramp is a short ways down on the right immediately after Pier 44 Restraunt. Good luck.

Need bait? Stop at Belsan's B&T right near the 123/3A intersection. instead of bearing right onto the Driftway, go straight and it's right up on your right. Pete Belsan is a stand up guy and has a nice little well stocked shop there.

Vectorfisher
06-26-2004, 09:09 AM
Thanks dude thats why I love this site!!

missing link
06-26-2004, 06:08 PM
hey vector f-------- I grew up in Scituate lived there 4, 25 yrs,

go up past my house on Charolett furnace go to stop sign take right follow federal furnace rd into Plymouth and take a left after com edison get on rt. 44 east and pick up rt 3 north get off at exit 11 ( rt 14) take right into circle go 3/4 way around( 3rd right) there is a sign 5 ton limit follow that road down the hill you will cross one intersection and then a road will come in from the left then about 1/2 mile stay left where the road kind of forks you will pass a golf course & come to a stop sign this is rt 3A go left 3/4 mile to lights follow rt 139w, 1 mile and go right on 3A north and a 10 mile ride to Scituate bear right @ the intersection 1 mile past Kennedy's green house then follow Driftay though harbor right @ lights on Jerico rd to the ramp in pier 44 lot .
these directions sound funky but there easy I worked at the scituate harbor marina a long time ago ,like I rebuilt the walkway to the marina after the storm of 78 ripped it down
later LINK SR.:cool:

Vectorfisher
06-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Scituate ramp report (official)

Parking= great, plenty of spaces, lots of elbow room.

Pier= fair, could be setup better to accomodate the guy launching alone, although plenty of water to launch in any tide, always a plus.

No wake zone not to long, although I think boaters in Scituate have no clue what no wake means!!

Getting out to the channel is like walking through a mine field with all them blow boats, they definately should have a clear path to the channel.

All in all I liked it and will definately be back, a good starting point to go out to Stellwagen bank, didn't catch any fish(cod) but thats nothing new. There sure are a lot of rocks to get your jig stuck on out by that H buoy for sure!!

arctekmarine
06-27-2004, 12:38 PM
its a little tricky to get to.....launched there last fall very nice ramp and close to open water.....................jim :happy:

MikeTLive
07-01-2004, 08:56 PM
I live here :)
had dinner at pier44 restaurant right next door.
menu changed and they are trying to upper class it a bit but livin here all my life I aint gonna start dressin up to go there :)

I live less than a mile away.

I am just gettin used to my little toy boat - still scared to take it out of the harbor - but man it is difficult to navigate through all the summer boat folk traffic.

god help you if the wind turns while you are headin through.
landing is circled, channel is approximately grey line.

BigBo
07-02-2004, 11:17 AM
MTL, is that you leaving a wake in the harbor?:D

MikeTLive
07-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Ha! I only wish.
not in my little boat!!