View Full Version : No courtesy

Vectorfisher
06-26-2004, 09:05 AM
I was fishing the ditch last night with a friend, he was livelining eels I was jigging rubber eels so we gave ourselves some breathing room, and then some clown shows up and squeezes between us, after he pulled in my jig from somehow casting over me I move down out of the spot I was fishing, lo and behold this guy pulls in 2 30-35" fish one right after another. Needless to say it really pissed me off so we packed up and left:af: All I can say is I know what you look like and I will be cutting your line off with my 225 Rude when I see ya:D

BigFish
06-26-2004, 09:26 AM
People suck! You should have given him a piece of your mind and/or cut his freakin' line!:af: Here endeth the lesson!:read:

afterhours
06-26-2004, 09:32 AM
yup, cut his line!

Nebe
06-26-2004, 10:01 AM
:confused:

Ron in Maine
06-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Only cutting his line? We went to Plum Island last week and a guy and his kids decide right next to us would be a good place to settle in... which is not bad until his kids decide to go swimming... into our lines... several times. As I told my wife I hoped he has good insurance, only a matter of time before we hooked one of his kids, he nearly hooked his daughter with the backcast (she was wading out to be near him, did not even look although she was yelling for him).

Rude people suck, dumb people can be excused, ignorant idiots deserve worse than a cut line...

Saltheart
06-26-2004, 11:56 AM
I think its now part of the fishing scene. You always had to deal with weather and tides but now you have to deal with morons. Plan on it! They are here to stay.

BigFish
06-26-2004, 11:59 AM
I am pretty sure morons have been around at least as long as weather and tides......or at least almost as long!;)

new jack
06-26-2004, 12:09 PM
people do suck, when that happen to me at the ditch, i put on a jig and try to mark off my terratory. there's sven miles of ditch to fish and some guy pulls up 50 ft away ...I mean come on show a little respect. I try to give at least 4 poles of space between me and another fisherman.

fishaholic18
06-26-2004, 12:51 PM
The solution is: Fish at night. The morons are asleep.:laughs:

Saltheart
06-26-2004, 01:35 PM
I can assure you that at the Ditch , there are plenty of morons around at night!

There have always been morons but they didn't seem to fish for stripers. I think with all the internet info available , many morons now can gear up and get told spots but have not learned any manners.

Maloney
06-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Second that, Saltheart.

CpCdtrucker
06-26-2004, 04:32 PM
I fish the ditch most nights and have had people get a little close a few times. I try to ignore them if I can. I am usually with the same group most times so we are used to fishing together. What I have a problem with are the foreigners who think anything is a keeper. I have watched them hide them in the rocks and the trunks of their cars many times. when you say something you get the no speekee english. routine.

Backbeach Jake
06-26-2004, 04:34 PM
Was pitching tin at Herring Cove this AM, when a couple from New Jersey decided to put their kayaks in right beside me. When the young lady got directly in front of me she turned and asked "What are you fishing for?" I said "Jersey Girls, But I throw the boyfriends back" Boy friend made a tough-guy face so I flipped him off and winked at the girl.

MAC
06-26-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Backbeach Jake
Was pitching tin at Herring Cove this AM, when a couple from New Jersey decided to put their kayaks in right beside me. When the young lady got directly in front of me she turned and asked "What are you fishing for?" I said "Jersey Girls, But I throw the boyfriends back" Boy friend made a tough-guy face so I flipped him off and winked at the girl.
:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

chris L
06-26-2004, 04:56 PM
was she a keeper or a throw back ?

beachwalker
06-26-2004, 04:57 PM
bummer..:af:

but they were only 30-35" fish. you coulda used a plug at the beach :rolleyes:

just kidding :laughs:

morons suck :smash:

Mr. Sandman
06-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Easy access places will always be that way...in addition you will get guys that have little idea what they are doing but want to join in. Seek out of the way places or late tides where you are all alone...give up the easy spots...let them have them. You will enjoy life (and fishing) much more.

beachwalker
06-26-2004, 08:12 PM
don't we got it tough Jim. Saturday night and I have 30-40 spots to choose from and theres about 10-20 people out tjere fishing.

It ain't no ditch though. I like to hear of a story of one of you guys tossing some crasher right in the friggin thing. make sure you keep his cooler :D

That would be sweet. :laughs:

Squid kids Dad
06-26-2004, 08:26 PM
Backbeach...That was a funny one..:D

new jack
06-26-2004, 08:40 PM
i'm trying to branch out more this season by fishing the beaches. I 've only run into one other guy at this one spot. It's been a slow start but I know it will pay off, once I figure out what time of the tide, the fish are going to show.

Mr. Sandman
06-27-2004, 11:52 AM
BW,

Don't you know it!
:cool:

S-Journey
06-28-2004, 04:52 PM
:af:
A good old fashion american ass whoopin' would be in order!!!

Enough of this $%^@ already!!!

:af:

Originally posted by CpCdtrucker
I fish the ditch most nights and have had people get a little close a few times. I try to ignore them if I can. I am usually with the same group most times so we are used to fishing together. What I have a problem with are the foreigners who think anything is a keeper. I have watched them hide them in the rocks and the trunks of their cars many times. when you say something you get the no speekee english. routine.

Vectorfisher
06-28-2004, 09:29 PM
Thats so funny, went down the ditch tonight and there is a family of foriegners fishing my spot so I head the opposite when and when walking by I had to look to see what they were catching and what I saw I didnt believe I had to do a double take, they were catching what looked like baby scup no bigger than most cell phones and they had a bucket full:smash: I just smiled, after walking off I said to myself what are they gonna do with those fish anyway!

JohnR
06-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by chris L
was she a keeper or a throw back ? She was a real Dogfish....

likwid
06-29-2004, 11:56 AM
DMF
speed dial

keep calling them until they show

WIfisher
06-29-2004, 11:59 AM
Shoulda pushed him in. :D