View Full Version : is ANYbody getting fish from shore?

Pt.JudeJoe
06-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Just got in from sachuest and not even a hit. This is not normal for late June,at all.:confused: I work at a bait shop and I am not hearing much of anything going on except for boatnicks getting some fish trolling. The water temp is 62 in Newport right now.Any thoughts out there on why the lockjaw symptoms?

cheferson
06-26-2004, 09:20 PM
Ive been doing pretty good from shore the last two weeks. Out of 9 trips only got skunked twice, once because my reel seized up. Dropped a 38-40 incher friday morning , right at my feet. Going out tonight after work, ill let ya know how i do.

leptar
06-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Pt.JudeJoe
Just got in from sachuest and not even a hit. This is not normal for late June,at all.:confused: I work at a bait shop and I am not hearing much of anything going on except for boatnicks getting some fish trolling. The water temp is 62 in Newport right now.Any thoughts out there on why the lockjaw symptoms?

I was out there tonight and did ok... wind is touchy there it has to be just right.. was not good at all but i still managed to hook up with 4 blues to 8#'s and 3 throwbacks....

Friday night was the night... ;)

Nebe
06-26-2004, 09:52 PM
smoked them last night:D

gotta say that the west bay seems to be better than the east. Crafty and I were discussing this tonight and we came up with that fact that there are more gerring runs on the west side.

Squid kids Dad
06-26-2004, 09:59 PM
gerring??? only kidding:D

fishaholic18
06-26-2004, 10:10 PM
I've been doing ok. No large yet.

Crafty Angler
06-26-2004, 10:13 PM
Hey Joao - Eeee zazoosh, that was probably your last chance, huh?

Hey, listen - if Mrs. Crafty doesn't wanna come along with me tomorrow nite to christen her new rod, lets take a little ride. :ss:

I'll talk to ya tomorrow morning anyway.....:call:

PS. Cull out a dozen nice snakes - I'll pick 'em up late morning and drop off some malasadas for breakfast :)

Thanks, man :btu: Talk to ya later.

Oh yeah - and if that guy with the Hinckley picnic boat comes back in for eels and sandworms, please pass along that card.

Anybody using a half-million dollar boat for trolling can't be all bad. And he just might be interested in some exquisite Victorian striper smut that I keep reserved for special clients :)

Crafty Angler
06-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Hey Eben -

Vas is das gerring? :huh::confused::huh:

My Swedish uncle Gus that taught me to fish used to call them 'herrink' :hihi:

Of course, they usually appeared creamed....or pickled...or in Janssen's Potatoes...or in one of about 100 family herrink recipes...

Personally, I think it's an acquired taste that I somehow never acquired. :sick:

Clammer
06-27-2004, 01:21 AM
I don,t think thats the answer ====Just a quick count //& I come up with 8 runs on the east side //plus there must be more I don,t know about :confused:

Clammer
06-27-2004, 01:22 AM
Oh 26/27# tonite & not west bay ;)

Crafty Angler
06-27-2004, 08:04 AM
Hey Mike, boat fish don't count :hidin:

And blooofish DEFINITELY don't count :hihi:

basswipe
06-27-2004, 08:26 AM
Sakonnet river is pretty slow these days.Plenty of freakin' fluke chasing my plugs though.I should start fishing a jig and squid strip and take advantage of the situation.
I got 3 fat schoolies on the bayside of the island last night.
Haven't had one of those spectacular nights like I was having back in May in awhile.

chipwood
06-27-2004, 09:03 AM
There's no fish. It absolutely sucks. Went out last night with a friend and we had 9 bass to 21# with a bunch of 10#ers. Now that's the first time in a while I've had that many fish, but that was'nt where I normally fish, we took a drive. Unless you get lucky and they're where your at, you gotta move. It's all about the hunt for the bass fish.

Nebe
06-27-2004, 09:07 AM
herring! not gerring:smash:

clammer, what do I know?? twas just a hunch.

Clammer
06-27-2004, 09:45 AM
EBen =ya missed tour to fishin trips:smash:

C/A =it the tournmemts years ago ==========ya go to a spot by boat

then fish from shore////////////// there was one guy who tied up to t-warfh & called it shore fishing===========he became a charter captain /////:rolleyes:

Crafty Angler
06-27-2004, 12:28 PM
Your honor, I rest my case :fishslap:

RIROCKHOUND
06-28-2004, 08:15 AM
Crafty, on for tonight? I'll PM ya details later...

Mr. Sandman
06-28-2004, 08:58 AM
They are around here but it is a late night event.
Fri was very good, Sat fair.
Fell off some rocks at squibby and my knee is in bad shape for a few days. Thought I could do without my korkers that night:smash:Probably will not fish till Wed or so of this week now.
:( Well, maybe I can hobble on to my boat an look for Mr. Fluke.

basswipe
06-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman

:( Well, maybe I can hobble on to my boat an look for Mr. Fluke.

Mr.Fluke is definitely around.They've been hitting my plugs everytime I fish a particular spot.And this is from the beach.

bart
06-28-2004, 01:00 PM
i fished the mouth of the bay from shore early this morning and got 3 keeper size bass, my first of the year finally. saw a lot of fish breaking in a couple places when the sun came up just out of casting range.

Aqua-man
06-28-2004, 04:40 PM
I was on vacation last week, the boat died on me on Wednesday night and will take a while to repaired so i figured i'd grab the wetsuit and give it a try from shore on Friday. Had my best night ever. 25+ fish up to 27 3/4", not my biggest but the most in one (last minute) trip. All on 5" hypnotic needle.

:happy:

Can someone tell me why I need to own a boat.:smash:

cheferson
06-28-2004, 05:31 PM
:D :D :D :D :happy: :happy: