View Full Version : Boating/Fishing tomorrow ??

Van
06-28-2004, 04:23 PM
I did not fish or boat all weekend, (son's baseball game and allstar game) fun just the same as he also got MVP for firstbase in his division. (proud dad talking)....Playoffs end this week.

Anyway I need a fish fix bad, so I'm blowing tomorrow off. report says 6 MPH winds max and cloudy after the rain stops in the early AM...sounds good for bassin....

Anyone gonna be out there ???????

BEETLE
06-28-2004, 05:30 PM
might be out after work around 3 - 3:30 pm.. maybe earlier if i feel a little ill, and have to leave. :D

BigFish
06-28-2004, 06:06 PM
No not me Van.....:o .....kinda worn out from draggin' all them fish up onto the beach the other night!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Van
06-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Beetle: You do look kinda pekid !!!!!
I'll have 69 on all day.

BF: Your a woosy !!!

BigFish
06-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Sissy boat guys!:laugha:

Raider Ronnie
06-28-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
Sissy boat guys!:laugha:

:smash:
Ron

Van
06-29-2004, 08:38 PM
Well the boy did it to me again. I work my tail off chuming chunking and rigging while he takes a nap. As soon as he gets up and I'm busy doing something ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ goes the reel and he brings in a nice FAT 12 lbr.

I'll post his pic in striper talk soon.

Day was good with a number of fish, first thing in the AM birds are working not far from my slip and we land some nice fish on storms. Then some fish of live herring (could not but a pollack).

Finally more on chunks. BEETLE did you make it out?
I left the water about 4. Did not hear you on the radio.

BEETLE
06-30-2004, 04:38 AM
in just after 4 out at 7:30. No fish. Nice cruise around the haabaa though.

Van
06-30-2004, 07:51 AM
beetle:
When is your next day off?

We'll get together and catch some...

Casper
06-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Bettle,
Tell Van to bring plenty of chum!

sokinwet
06-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Beetle - Nice seeing you again last night after ....about 35 yrs. Glad to see you retained your dad's boat name "YNOT". Always liked the name although it's not quite as "creative" as Sokinwet. At any rate, I know that both names go back in lineage to a couple of old tin boats and tin boat fisherman! When I think back to some of the places we went (Cuttyhunk, the Hole, Quick's) and the weather we went through in those tin boats it makes me wonder how we're still here! Today DSS would be locking you up if you dragged your kid out to Pigs & Sows in a 14' starcraft when the rip was running 6'! and it's blowing sw. My dad is still fishing every chance he can but his eyesight is slowing him down a little. I guess he's one of the last few of that MSBA generation (Harry, Red, the Cooses, Benny C, Bill Nolan, Doc Wall, etc.) that's still with us. He's still wants that 50+ that's eluded him for the past 82 yrs. Harbor has been slow for me that last few trips; scratched a few last night jigging DEEP but all the usual spots were "0" I'm usually "listening" on 69 and out a few times ea. week. Give me a shout if you're out. John P

BEETLE
06-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Good to run into you as well John. John Cherico, Joe Ciampa, Ron Borretti, should be familiar names to you that come to mind, that still are active, regular MSBA monthly meeting attendees. You should tag along with Dad to a monthly meeting !!

I have lots of good memories to this day of the old times with those tin boats, though my brother got the brunt of it with the 14 and 16 ft. tins. I had the luxury of the 16' MFG and then the 19' LoneStar deep Vee (the one my Dad bought salvage with the chunk out of the side) :smash:

Man those guys in their day were hardcore Stripermen !

See you around town or out on the water.
:btu:

steve beetle

BEETLE
06-30-2004, 03:55 PM
Oh ya - Bigfish --- I need to get down with you Sandfleas and wet a line in the suds.

Nothing is going to beat large fish from the Surf - sorry fellow boaters. :D

BigFish
06-30-2004, 04:03 PM
BEETLE, I will let you know when we go!:happy:

Van
07-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Can I come?

BEETLE
07-01-2004, 02:09 PM
I don't see why you couldn't - but we'll have to bring a long extension cord for your chum grinder :smash:

Van
07-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Fishing from the beach ???? I'm thinking the sand will be hell on my prop and hull !!!!!

:laughs: :laughs:

Casper
07-02-2004, 08:27 AM
Don't forget me - BigFish.
I'm good at scarying fish away.

wjm
07-02-2004, 10:37 AM
No keel guard Van? :D