View Full Version : HA!HA! need a chuckle??

Jenn
08-14-2001, 11:56 PM
Just had this emailed to me...thought you mught enjoy it!

JohnR
08-15-2001, 08:03 AM
LMAO!!!!!

Patrick
08-15-2001, 08:30 AM
And you thought the surffishing for tuna was nuts! :):p

JohnR
08-15-2001, 08:49 AM
I'd rather take my chances in a National Guard Blackhawk than a fighting chair bolted to the side of the ditch....

Jaiem
08-15-2001, 08:55 AM
LOL!

Is that Patrick being rescued? ;)

Patrick
08-15-2001, 10:23 AM
Funny you should mention that. The Sikorsky plants, Bridgeports and Stratfords are right near by. Rumor from an inside source says NEVER get on one of those death traps. Names won't be named. The other rumor I heard was from a person who has inspected a certain fishing reel company who also deals in aeronautics and from what he or she recalls, rejected their parts. To you, these will be rumors, to me, they are the truth.

JohnR
08-15-2001, 10:49 AM
Dunno - Is he the one being rescued or is he the one jumping out of the water....

Patrick - I know a couple pilots that fly/have flown the Blackhawk and the MD Apache - they thoroughly enjoy/ed both...

Patrick
08-15-2001, 11:07 AM
Oh it's an incredible machine. I've gotten to sit in one. Never gotten to fly in one. One heck of a machine. That depends on all the parts working right though. The blackhawk is one of my favorite helicopters. There's a new one from Sikorsky Aircraft called the Commanche. It's an attack chopper. Co-pilot sits right behind the pilot. It's one sleek piece of art. Nothing beats the Blackhawk for military combat transport. I know I'll never get into one though.

Now I'm not going into it any further because they will probably sue me or put a hit out on me. I just know I'm never going near one of those things.

Fishpart
08-15-2001, 11:16 AM
Patrick,
The real reason they crash is because they are being flown at night, in bad weather, with night vision goggles, at high speeds, in formations literally feet apart. To the untrained eye the Blackhawk can resemble a truck coming down a firebreak only a lot faster. That's right, the men and women who fly them fly with the rotors barely above the tops of the trees, with the lights out. Has anyone ever mentioned that a good way to get out and see a few things and to learn independence is a tour with our good Uncle Sam?

Patrick
08-15-2001, 11:31 AM
You keep believing that. I'm sure that's the reason for some of the crashes. No doubt about it. But from someone who has been on the inside, think twice before getting on one.

Trust me. THIS, I am certain of. I've got connections, remember?