View Full Version : fluke recipe for my date tomorrow

Notaro
07-01-2004, 08:51 AM
does anyone here have a good recipe and that doesnt sound too complicated to share with me? i have a date tomorrow. im inviting her to my house for a dinner. im going to cook those flukes that i caught two days ago. shoot me a PM or email me

jugstah
07-01-2004, 09:39 AM
Whoo hoo, Notaro, do I hear Wedding Bells?

*grin*

rwilhelm
07-01-2004, 09:46 AM
Notaro I do it nice and simple and it comes out great. Take your fillets dip them in egg and them dip in bread crumbs. Heat up a 1/4" of oil in a frying pan and cook them till golden brown on both sides. Then I just squeeze lemon on top.

fishweewee
07-01-2004, 09:47 AM
slice thin pieces (cut away any dark meat) on a plate

keep refrigerated until just about ready to serve.

10 minutes before serving, sprinkle generously with fresh lemon and fresh lime juice. put the plate in the FREEZER for 10 minutes to firm up the meat.

then serve with soy sauce and wasabi and sliced ginger or hot sauce.

Big Vern
07-01-2004, 10:08 AM
Marinate the filets for 4-6 hours in some spanish fly, saute, and serve with raw oysters on the side. That should gets things moving along.

Notaro
07-01-2004, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Marinate the filets for 4-6 hours in some spanish fly, saute, and serve with raw oysters on the side. That should gets things moving along.

spanish fly?!

Notaro
07-01-2004, 10:33 AM
BTW, im printing those recipes out now.

jugstah
07-01-2004, 10:49 AM
spanish fly is supposed to make your girl horny, notaro.

Keyword is "supposed"... Could be all BS for all we know.

Notaro
07-01-2004, 11:24 AM
ah, i seee...

Vectorfisher
07-01-2004, 04:32 PM
DC you kill me !!:D :D :D I had to pick myself up off the floor after reading that:rotf2: :rotf2:

BigMike
07-01-2004, 05:02 PM
I'll give you some cooking info if you can clue us in on how to score some chicks while maintaining our fishing lifestyle:D

killerlexus
07-01-2004, 05:02 PM
you can also use the creamofsomeyoungguy on the filets. if the spanish fly doen't do the trick,,:cheers:

Jenn
07-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Notaro....simple but very tasty...ritz or townhouse style crackers mashed as fine as you can get them (potato masher works well) sprinkle fish with some lemon juice, cover with crackers crumbs and a few spats of butter on top....put it in a 350 degree oven...I never time anything (maybe 15 minutes or so??depends too on amount and thickness of the fish) just keep an eye on it and DONT overcook it!

dont forget to serve with a little fresh lemon and a bottle of white wine( if your of age that is;) )

MMMMM> enjoy!

Notaro
07-01-2004, 06:22 PM
okay, guys, i got them all. i will tell you my "serect " on scoring chicks while maintaining your fishing lifestyle...:laughs: find a girl that is understanding. and also dont ignore her completely. balance your schedule.;)

BigMike
07-01-2004, 06:39 PM
I don't know... that might be a lot easier said than done

Especially when you're gettin the skunk

Notaro
07-01-2004, 07:03 PM
well, it isnt easy...

Notaro
07-01-2004, 07:10 PM
My girl's parents want to have her for the weekend tomorrow. They told her that I see her more than I do. Friday is another lonely day to me...:(

Raider Ronnie
07-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Notaro
okay, guys, i got them all. i will tell you my "serect " on scoring chicks while maintaining your fishing lifestyle...:laughs: find a girl that is understanding. and also dont ignore her completely. balance your schedule.;)

Just a few more tips for you Joe,
Stay away from girls that are easy!!! it's good to have fun when you are young, as you are, but if she's easy with you , who's to say she isn't that way with every other guy she sees on a daily basis.
If you're going to pick her up in a car, Don't forget to give her the "Door Test"
If you're not sure what that is, go out and rent "A Bronx Tale"
Ron

Notaro
07-01-2004, 08:40 PM
she isnt easy.
i like her for her personality. and also she is very attractive. she is beautioful to me. she knows im a horndog...:hihi: just kidding

Raider Ronnie
07-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Don't forget the door test !!!
Lots of years ago, my wife passed it ;)

RickBomba
07-01-2004, 08:51 PM
I likum easy girls...Maybe that's why I've had so much trouble.
Hey Joe, know what sealed the deal for my the girl I'm moving in with next week???
Took her fishing. Wish I would've known it was so easy, she's been trying to get me to take her fishing for the last six years!:smokin:
Try this if you have the stuff...
Marinate the fluke (like Ben said, with dark meat trimmed) in white wine, red onion, and lime juice for ten minutes...
Make an egg wash (egg and water) and some seasoned flour with Japanese breadcrumbs (Panko), salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
Dip the fillets in flour, then egg, then flour again, brush off excess flour, and sautee in a hot pan with hot olive oil for 2 minutes.
Flip fillets, then quickly add white wine, a little lemon juice, fresh parsley, and a little cold butter.
You've got to do this part quick!!! Have all your stuff ready before you start cooking. As soon as the sauce comes together, remove fillets and top with yer sauce.
Any more qustions, pm me and I'll give you the recipie with measurements.
Good Luck Hoss!
Rick

macojoe
07-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Whats Fluke anyway?? I have never got them kind of fish!

Notaro
07-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Raider Ron
Don't forget the door test !!!
Lots of years ago, my wife passed it ;) :eek: :laugha:

Mr. Sandman
07-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Fluke is easy to prep. For super simple...just sprinke with some flour and pan fry in butter...cant get much simpler then that.

If you want you could dip the fillets in egg, then in breadcrumbs then fry for a crusty topping.

When finished, you could sprinkle the fish with fresh chopped dill for a an attrictive garnish.

Have some white wine with it.

Now, we want updates every 10 mins or so during the date. You need to post how your date is going and what "base" your on... Photos would be nice too.;)

good luck you lucky bass-tid

P.S. you know she is the one if she says...WHAT? No STRIPER?

RIROCKHOUND
07-02-2004, 02:52 PM
Sandy, you're a disturbed individual...
Pictures!...........:mad:

Dammit man we want Video :D :D :D
Ok, I'm disturbed as well,
unfortuntely for young Notaro, it sounds like a no go...
sorry Joe, enjoy the fluke anyways!!!

Surely Bassey
07-02-2004, 06:57 PM
So what is the "door Test"??? I grew up in the Bronx and I don't remember it... :(

Raider Ronnie
07-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Surely Bassey
So what is the "door Test"??? I grew up in the Bronx and I don't remember it... :(

Ok,
When you pick up you're date park the car and lock both doors.
You walk her to the passenger door and unlock the door with the key, let her in and close the door for her. like a gentleman should !!!
You walk to the other side of the car from the back of the car and all the while looking through the rear window to see if she reaches over to you're door to unlock it for you.
If she dosen't unlockit, you Drop her, And drop her Fast, bacause she's got to be a selfish bitch and that will be just
the tip of the iceberg of things to come.;)
Ron

True story,
My grandfather gave me that advice allong with many others, long before any movie came out!!! It"s an Italian thing;)

Surely Bassey
07-03-2004, 07:32 AM
Sounds like good wisdom.

striprman
07-06-2004, 06:47 AM
So, how did it go?

Notaro
07-06-2004, 09:01 AM
she didnt make it. i havent tried. im going to try to arrange a fluke dinner date with her soon.

Notaro
07-08-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey guys, I cooked the flukes for my girl last night. She loved it. Thanks, Zacs:D ;) . And she jumped on me...:eek: nah.:D