View Full Version : Orvis.

Patrick
08-15-2001, 11:12 AM
Just wondering how long Orvis usually takes to send a package out into the mail. Their customer service seems to be top notch from the reports. Curious to know when I get to slip them on. I don't think my rubber ones have holes in them, I think all that was just me sweating my brains out.

Mike P
08-15-2001, 08:22 PM
Patrick--isn't there and Orvis store in Darien or Greenwich? Not only is it faster to go there and walk out with a pair, but it's always a good idea to try the boots on first and check the upper fabric for fit. They come in various sizes, and one thing you really want (I'm being serious now, not busting 'em) is a good loose fit in the crotch area.

Plus, some of the Orvis shops give you a full refund over the 4 year life of the warranty, not just the standard Orvis pro-rated one after the first year.

Jaiem
08-16-2001, 08:01 AM
Mike,

I think what Pat is refering to his cyber-girlfriend is supposedly sending him a gift of a set of waders.

Hope she sends the breathables! ;)

Patrick
08-16-2001, 10:12 AM
yeah, I don't like buying clothing on the net just for that reason but I also hate going to stores and trying things on. I need a duplicate to do all that stuff for me and that's why I support cloning.

No, Jaime had it right. Orvis has great return policies supposedly.

I know a guy whose son worked for Orvis. He was a field tester. Got to go all over the world trying out Orvis gear. Last I heard he quit because he didn't like it. He's on my list of people to be mad at.