View Full Version : Clapton was.......

BigFish
07-04-2004, 12:17 AM
unbelieveable!:D The best I have seen him yet! What a show! Played all the standards....Sunshine of Your Love, Cocaine, Layla....but the best song of the night I thought was a Derrick and the Dominos tune called "Got To Get Better In A Little While"! The best song I have ever seen Clapton play.....if you know the song, on the D & D's album the song runs like 15 minutes long, lots of wah-wah and searing guitar! Only one oncor......but it was great! Billy Preston was freakin' incredible.....Doyle Bramhall II....let me tell you that guy can play one hell of a guitar, best second guitar I have ever seen Clapton have with him and probably the best since Alvin Lee......the guy smoked! A little disappointed that Steve Gadd did not get to take any solos or anything....after Raider Rons comments about him I was hoping for more from him but he was rock solid! If you are going tomorrow night enjoy!;)

Have a great time Van!:happy:

Crafty Angler
07-04-2004, 06:56 AM
:crying: :crying: :crying:

Nah, wait a minute....:bshake: :bshake: :bshake:

Haven't seen EC since '69 - man, wished I had, sounds like it was a great show.

beachwalker
07-04-2004, 06:41 PM
sweet :D

Van
07-05-2004, 08:07 AM
It was an awsome show.

When he played Layla and kicked straight into Cocaine the place wents nuts..

I was also a bit surprised no drum or bass solos. But great night just the same. Robert Randolf was no slouch either...

fireworks show on the way out too. !!!!!

We had a nice tailgate experience before the show too....

Iwannakeeper
07-05-2004, 10:09 AM
I agree BigFish - the show was outstanding.

I hit it Friday night and was soooooo not disappointed.

I had great seats, Section 2, Row J. It was great.

-IWK