View Full Version : Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Flaptail
07-06-2004, 07:22 AM
Can someone give me the number of the Bass Trauma Center. I need to check myself in. I need a place like a Betty Ford Center for Striper fisherman. Last night, I and Stifftip were on a backside beach watching bass from 20 to 30 pounds rolling, finning and eating right in the wash in the thickest mung you could find. It was so thick that when the fish went under the surface in two feet of water you could not see them. We threw everything at them and I mean anything, and only stiffy had one hit and the water exploded and it was gone. Two hours we sat in that bowl watching them only a foot from shore most times rolling in the wash mouths wide open s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g in something. At ten oclock I couldn't take it anymore and we left. I am a wreck. I need meds. Please help me..................................:smash: :jump1: :jump1: :jump1: :huh:

beachwalker
07-06-2004, 07:23 AM
get a net :)

Nebe
07-06-2004, 08:33 AM
dam vegetarian bass:smash:

JohnR
07-06-2004, 08:41 AM
Flap - while not a bassologist, I do play one on the Interent.

My studies have enlightened me to the need to reproduce such conditions in order to best experience the "trauma" suffered by the afflicted. Please, as part of your therapy, put me on all of your best fish spots where this is likely to reoccur and I will do my best to provide a detailed regimen for what ail's ya.

If I am unable to initiate a plan to restore your health, there is a recuperation center overlooking a small bluff with a storied past, with such health invigorating views of the cliffs at Aquinnah that an extended stay may offer the necessary tight lines and serenity to reverse your condition. It didn't work for Manzi but nothing from Freud to Phizer has reversed the curse on that problem...

I await your reply :laughs:

jeffsod
07-06-2004, 08:51 AM
I just looked at the beachcombe cam at 9:50 am tuesday and there is a humungous (note the irony) wall of MUNG just off the bar at Cahoon's.

http://www.thebeachcomber.com/beach/beachcam.htm

Flaptail
07-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Hey John, remember where you and me fished a couple weeks ago? The spot where you first met up with me on the beach? That's where!!!!! Aghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!!

Slipknot
07-06-2004, 09:20 AM
I don't think I would have been able to take that without trying a weighted snagging treble, maybe put a sandeel on it to lessen the guilt.

Can't help you with the bassaholic clinic, the only cure is to go out there again and again as long as the wife allows it.

JohnR
07-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Flaptail
Hey John, remember where you and me fished a couple weeks ago? The spot where you first met up with me on the beach? That's where!!!!! Aghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!!

Look on the bright side, probably kept the seals at bay....

BTW - I forgot to say thanks for the nice chat that night!

Thanks!

bassmaster
07-06-2004, 10:51 AM
A little hunk of white when there eating sand fleas
hope the meds this am help You
and I submitted You for councle

Flaptail
07-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Thanks BM, I knew you would understand. I told Stiffy I thought they were on Sand Fleas as well. Slip I tried calling you yesterday afternoon to go out there with me but you must have had yer phone off. Good thing for you that you didn't witness the drama unfolding there in the surf, you probably would not have slept at all afterward and I would have had to use restraints to keep you from snagging them. I thought of that and had the hardware but I couldn't do it and I could not have lived with myself after.

RIROCKHOUND
07-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Dynamite em, Mick Dundee style:devil:
Been there before...
finning and rolling in 6ft over eel grass at night..
flies, plugs, eels, chunk..... sometimes it just takes finding the right one, sometimes it never works.....
things like that keep me up at night:( :D

t.orlando
07-07-2004, 06:40 PM
I might have slipped out of my waders and tried to wrastle one in

justplugit
07-07-2004, 08:38 PM
You don't need meds Flap,what you need is a kite to drop your lure in a mung opening>:D

shore_guy
07-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Any chance there is a crab hatch going on :confused:

NIB
07-09-2004, 07:10 AM
I think mung is this fictional weed invented by crafty cape fisherman to make NJ bassmen go to Montauk Or Rhode Island.:D

Slipknot
07-09-2004, 05:06 PM
wish you were right NIB :(
you better pray for SW winds.

Raven
07-10-2004, 06:34 AM
sounds like weed:p