View Full Version : The Surfcaster

Flaptail
07-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Ordered a bumper bracket for mounting a front rod rack on the 'ol Blazer last Thursday from them and got it today. Pretty speedy service. Bracket is perfect for my S-10. No more graylite waders though in the catalog. Been 20 odd years since I ordered anything from them. The new owners seem to want to make it better! Thought you guys would like to hear an encouraging word about them.:D

bluefish
07-06-2004, 09:08 PM
I hate to say it because I loved talking to Bill and Barbara and although they probably had nothing to with it, the front cover of the new catalog is totally bogus. I mean like gag me with a spoon! :smash: :D

The guy walking down the beach with his dog. :rolleyes: Wearing the snow/hunting boots and jeans :rolleyes: and believe it or not that reel the guy has on his bogus rod was the first one I ever owned... an Olympic VS 1000.

Well ..... that part brought back memories. However I thought that was one cheeeeeesy front cover for a premier surfcasting catalog. It doesn't do the sport justice. It makes me think of sunsets and my girlfriend, rather than "working" the surfline during the nite while the rest of the wimps are wasting their lives away snoozing.....oh that reminds me.....gotta git goin!

Nighty night folks! :cool:

spence
07-06-2004, 09:33 PM
Honest to god I thought it was an LL Bean catalog at first :smash:

-spence

Nebe
07-06-2004, 09:37 PM
What about supporting S-B sponsors??? :confused:

spence
07-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Eben
What about supporting S-B sponsors??? :confused:
I think most people just get the catalog to put by the WC :D

-spence

Nebe
07-06-2004, 09:48 PM
yup thats where mine is... right next to Vicky's secret:D

Crafty Angler
07-07-2004, 04:18 AM
Eben, I'm shocked - spending your time lingering over lingerie ads is not good for a young man who should be out fishing instead :hs:

Not that I've ever done it myself.....no, really.....:hihi:

chris L
07-07-2004, 07:29 AM
crafty
remember he has child coming and if he wants to dress up in womans undies to satisfy his urges . well then I guess he has to do what he has to do .

RIROCKHOUND
07-07-2004, 07:33 AM
Chris,
please don't even hint about Eben wearing womens underware... some of us are eating breakfast right now....

Flaptail
07-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Well this informational segment went to hell in a hurry. Who cares what the cover shows and there wasn't any "S-B" sponsor who sold this bracket and of course, although I do advocate shopping with S-B sponsors they do not have everything I am looking for. Anyway the service was great and thats all I tried to convey. You may go back to your gibberish now..........:rolleyes:

Krispy
07-07-2004, 07:53 AM
I like The Surfcaster and look forward to its catalogs. I hope the new owners will be adding and updating the types of products it carries

JohnR
07-07-2004, 07:55 AM
Guys and gals (apparently Eben :hihi: ) - we DO want to support our sponsors when possible but we don't want to EXCLUDE honesty and other quality sources at the same time. What we don't want are people schlepping their own stuff...

Nebe
07-07-2004, 10:07 AM
I'm grumpy.....sorry.

now wheres my leopard skin thong?

Flaptail
07-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Eben, if I told you I know where Bassmaster hides the key to his mancave would that make you feel better?:D

Oh yeah, I still drool over those glass squidies you make!;)

CAL
07-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Flaptail
...if I told you I know where Bassmaster hides the key to his mancave...

In his leopard skin thong? :sick:

likwid
07-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by CAL
In his leopard skin thong? :sick:

Microkitten swimsuit! :eek:

Crafty Angler
07-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Personally, I think the microkitten bikini is smashing on Carolina....beautiful plumage, squire.....

On Bassmaster......uhhhh.....well....:smash::fishslap ::smash:

Nebe
07-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Flaptail
Eben, if I told you I know where Bassmaster hides the key to his mancave would that make you feel better?:D

Oh yeah, I still drool over those glass squidies you make!;)

:hee: thank you :hee:

as for the key..... I can keep a secret:D:

chris L
07-07-2004, 03:06 PM
his man cave ? never mind I didnt know some guys were like that .

Not that there is anything wrong with it .

ThrowingTimber
07-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the info have been looking into getting one of their rod holders, just ordered the catalog last night. :)

Omg Eben in his aquaskins is scarey nevermind a thong eeewww nasty! :crying: :yak5: