View Full Version : Just got back from a fishing marathon....

JohnR
08-18-2001, 02:22 PM
Just got back from a fishing marathon... - OK, maybe semi-marathon is more like it but I'm going to hit the rack, have some med tests - and go back out again...

Started out on the Mass So Shore last night to sling some eels for a few hours and wound up with Calcuttas-Slippus. A rare disease that happens to some Calcutta 400 reels that suffers from a disconnect between the handle turning the spool. Spent 45 minutes on the beach field stripping it but got it back going and fished what remained of the drop (not much) - no fish (but I wasn't there at the ideal time anyway) - hit the racj for an hour and met up with Got Stripers at 4:30 this morning. Had a great time fishing with Bob in some of the bassiest water in the Northeast (certainly inside of Cape Cod Bay) where he continued to outfish me almost 4-1... plus I broke off on a few fish. I did manage the biggest fish by a pound or two at around 22#s on an eel ;D and GS maintained his mastery of his plastics on some real nice DDoSummer type fish... I got something like 6 fish, most sub legal fatties and GS hit homers on many nice fish upto about 20 pounds... Great fishing those waters - great time out. The bite ended around 10 am but we stuck at for a few more hours to little show (well more GS than I as I'm trying to keep some gas in my tank for toight)

Again Bob, thanks for a nice trip out there today....

I'm going to bed now...

Got Stripers
08-21-2001, 08:17 AM
I had fun and lucky for us both, the fishing was much improved over the last time out on Thursday. The fish are still on that early bite, but hopefully the "all day" fishing will be on us soon, but we better get some more bait in shallow first.

Here's a pic of your fishhttp://www.rgsiroisco.com/jr.jpg and you've got mine in your camera somewhere, although I've seen so many fish pictures, I don't need to see another one :). My father-in-law will be arriving this weekend, I hope things heat up a bit, so he can get some better fishing than his last trip out with me.

The new board looks good and thanks for getting me my password:) . Keep your eyes open for those little tuna's, got to get me some of those this year.

Fishpart
08-21-2001, 08:42 AM
That is some nice looking structure you have up your way GS. Hopefully on my next trip up that way the fish will be in the shallows.:D

JohnR
08-21-2001, 10:42 PM
Here's a shot or two from this weekend

JohnR
08-21-2001, 10:47 PM
Another sunrise shot...

Jenn
08-21-2001, 11:32 PM
Sounds like you two had some fun (ahem, and at least ONE of you was a little silly perhaps?? heehee)

beatiful sunrise BTW!

JohnR
08-22-2001, 07:19 AM
I think I know Got Striper's secret to attracting fish to the boat. Those of us that have been on board with him realize that he is just a littl evil/crazy when it comes to bass (big or little) fishin' and we also realize he is a speed demon. So, after making some mathematical calculations on the hull of his craft I was able to determine that it is faster than 150HP on 12 feet of tin should really be.

Based on the number of fish found around the bow of the boat and the above mentioned performance edge, I'm convinced that he is coating the forward sections of the hull with pogy oil - both as a waxing agent and a fish attractant. As for the ghoulish laugh? I think he gargles some of that pogy oil before "waxing" the hull... That's my story and I'm sticking to it... :p

Got Stripers
08-22-2001, 09:08 AM
:cool: What's this talk about me being evil? As you can clearly see by the picture you snapped, it's just a case of having your brains sucked out by too many stripers over the years. If you don't like a fast pace game of run and gun fishing, well you probably won't enjoy a day on the water with me:( . I can however tell you that my strategy works quite well, as historically every ledge will have some fish holding there and I'm trying to put my plastic in front of as many of those active fish as I can during a day. That strategy has taken on new meaning this year, as the numbers of fish are dramatically off what they were 2 years ago. I feel the need FOR SPEED:D .

Got Stripers
08-22-2001, 04:25 PM
Actually John, I think your theory is flawed, because slicking the boat's hull with any kind of oil would probably slow it's speed. It's been proven by many a boat builder, especially those looking for every bit of extra speed, that you need to disrupe that drag creating membrain between the boat hull and the water. You don't want a slick poggie oil surface, because that would actually increase drag. Now if you saw me under the hull every morning with some sandpaper, in an attempt to ruffen the surface, then you might have something.

Jenn
08-22-2001, 07:15 PM
GOT SPEED???? heh, heh...

now the fact that you put that much thought into that last post actually scares me......:eek:

...and just because it may SAY 150HP on the outside doesnt mean he hasnt slipped something else in there and tried to fool everybody! LOL;) ;) ;)

Jenn
08-22-2001, 07:16 PM
...oooh ooh....and BTW John....I like the "Mr.Burns":cool:

Clammer
08-22-2001, 07:51 PM
G/S I gotta tell you / Your spoiled///// From the post and the pictures that have been put up this season on your fishing trips , your doing much better than anyone I know except the guys fishing the Block or M V //// Down here right now ,more than 3,4 schoolies --your hot , forget bigs// I only wish I had your slow year/// enjoy ----you earned it////later

Got Stripers
08-23-2001, 08:20 AM
Ok CD, do you feel lucky? I've got inlaws coming Sunday, but I think I still have the green light for Saturday, although I've not yet confirmed it:( . You interested in a little fast paced game of Ledge Roulett on Saturday? Since people are concerned I'm having my attourney draw up some release forms, so there won't be any questions about it down the road:D . I better get the question popped and get me some plastic poured, since I'm clean out of my favorite color. It's amazing how fast a 50 count goes, even when the fishing is so slow.

JohnR
08-23-2001, 08:50 AM
Clammer - go for it if you can - bring yer sluggos and eels... And TP for the toilets - best toilets around

Slipknot
08-23-2001, 09:07 PM
Thank you John, I just knew that picture was going up on the front page any moment. :) classic

Jenn
08-23-2001, 10:10 PM
That pic just cracks me up.... kinda looks like that there fishy is wispering dirty secrets to GS!!! :o

Got Stripers
08-24-2001, 06:53 AM
You guys/gals have your fun, I'll just keep on catching ;) , but John putting that on the front page isn't likely to get you another E ticket ride soon...lol.

JohnR
08-24-2001, 07:44 AM
I'm sorry GS, but I need the stuff, I'm good for it - All I need is a ledge or two to hold me over until next week. No - I don't have a problem - I'm no addict... :p

Jenn might be on to something, that fish ain't whispering sweet nothings, is it?

Got Stripers
08-24-2001, 02:37 PM
Just call me Doctor Dolittle, I talk to the aniimals and the fishies;) .

Jenn
08-24-2001, 10:43 PM
YOU talking to the fishies?? Gee cant picture that !!;) I think they are letting you in on some secrets no??? or are they just telling you to slow down! HA!HA! just kidding (hey we all need our speed fixes...some on boats, some on the ROAD:mad: , some on SNOW:D )

now back to that pic....I could seriously see that being on the next issue of OTW ......couldnt you???http://forums.evilnet.net/ubb/smilies/lol2.gif