View Full Version : Disappointed!!!

partsjay
07-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Made my first ever road trip to the outer cape beaches last night, only to not be able to fish at all!!! MUNG MUNG MUNG

I drove forever it seemed and only got a few clean casts all night. Thought I had a good spot just as it was getting light only to see a big fat seal eating away:af:

I really have to be sure the beaches are clean before I can do this again, 2 hours of napping on the couch last night only lasts so long. Oh Well had to vent....I'm sure you all have been through this before so I'll stop complaining.

partsjay
07-11-2004, 12:24 PM
And to top it all off, I lost my brand new #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& purple/black needle on my second cast :crying:

CAL
07-11-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by partsjay
And to top it all off, I lost my brand new #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& purple/black needle on my second cast :crying:

Fifty pounds of mung will do that to ya :laughs:

BigFish
07-11-2004, 07:17 PM
Partsjay....did you not read all of the mung related threads and posts from the past...oh....seven days? Isn't that what we are here for?:smash:

Maloney
07-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Ya have ta look around. On Friday, went to check out the Beachcomber in Wellfleet. Mung line left and right. Went to Nauset, clear as a bell where I was.

partsjay
07-12-2004, 07:32 AM
Ya , I know & I did read all the posts but I was hoping to find some open water. I was on Vacation last week so I had to try. I'll tell you one thing it's alot different out there than anywhere else I've ever fished. I have fished the Race from a boat before, but this was the first time I have been out on the beaches that way. Although it was a long ride, and I didn't really get to fish it was still a good trip. I only have 1 friend who was willing to take the cruise with me, but he probably won't go again, so next trip I'll probably be alone. As I tell all my non-fishing friends who can't understand why I do what I do, there was nothing like watching the sun come up over the water that morning. That alone was well worth the trip.

BigFish
07-12-2004, 07:37 AM
You are a wise man!;) Don't ever be put off by the mung, you just go again at a later time and when you do get into fish down there it will all be worth the mung ruined trips you make!:btu:

However next time...pm some of the guys who fish there regularly such as myself, Slingah, Backbeach Jake.We will be glad to give you current mung reports (no spot burning though :D ). Or just post a thread here a couple of days in advance of your trip down....someone might be able to steer you towards clean water and save you a headache.:smash: