View Full Version : HEy cRAFTY AnGlEr

Nebe
07-11-2004, 01:34 PM
You might want to check the size limit on blackfish.... your gonna be pissed:hihi:

Nebe
07-11-2004, 04:12 PM
oh... and thank you for the trip, it was a blast! I learned alot from you-

next may we'll murder them!

ThrowingTimber
07-11-2004, 04:51 PM
Very informative trip thanks a million :D I gotta get down there more often for the plumage ;)

Crafty Angler
07-11-2004, 07:53 PM
Hey guys - that was laughs, had a great time and we did do the old hat trick - all in all it woulda been splendid other than the leaky waders :mad:

Ya know, once your hair turns gray, people will make terrible assumptions about you if they see ya with wet shorts....:hs:

You think a guy who produces a RI Reg card with visual ID's and sizes would be a little sharper, but I can always use the excuse that any tog under 8# are throwbacks - the tubby little bugger would have made a fine chowder, though. :hihi:

Ah, let him fill up on some of those mussels and crabs we saw.....

Glad you enjoyed the all-too-brief bird-watching trip afterwards too - there's been a glorious flock of long-legged bed-thrashers hovering around the waterfront since late this afternoon, too bad you had to leave so soon :laughs: Beeeeyooootiful plumage!

Give me a shout the next time you want to head this way - I'm gonna do further recon and start another related technique experiment in the same spot - I'll keep ya posted. ;)

Oh yeah and thanks for the Thills - I'll put 'em to good use, hopefully

Crafty Angler
07-11-2004, 07:56 PM
Oh yeah, Eben - 'trout-togging' :rotf2:

How about 'bobbing for blackfish' :hihi:

Nebe
07-11-2004, 08:24 PM
Crafty if the other method downsnt work out you couls always learn how to fly fish.... but how would you break it to your parents?:laughs:

Crafty Angler
07-11-2004, 08:45 PM
Well, sadly, my parents are now gone - but I still would have to break the news to my wife somehow.

I dunno, ya know, somehow I can't really see myself with a 'long wand' - it just ain't me :smokin:

What the hell do ya do with a long wand anyway? :huh::confused::huh:

And to tell ya the truth, it scares the bejesus outta me that they call it a "wand" to begin with.

POOF :happy::happy::happy:

Not that there's anything wrong with that :rotf2:

Whatever melts your butter, I guess....hey, it's still a free country, so far.

ThrowingTimber
07-12-2004, 06:38 AM
:D Can I bring bank sinkers next time for the idiot casting between us from shore?:smash:

Crafty Angler
07-12-2004, 07:02 AM
No, Vic, I'd recommend a 3 oz egg sinker - launched back in at that goon sitting in the beach chair who tied up the bar with 3 spiked bait rods :af:

What an idiot :fishslap:

ThrowingTimber
07-12-2004, 07:59 AM
I could always just rush out of the water and knock him A$$ over tea kettle while he sits in his chair:laughs: That would be a sight. Full contact surf casting!

Nebe
07-12-2004, 09:35 AM
guys, guys...Pyramid sinkers are sharper.