View Full Version : Man, I swear my mind is playing tricks with me

CAL
07-13-2004, 10:22 PM
All night tonight all I can smell is the ocean coming through my living room window. The thing is, I live at least 3 miles, maybe 4, as the crow flies from the ocean.

I gotta get out and fish more often :smash:

Hooper
07-14-2004, 05:53 AM
I hear ya CAL...

I usually get that salt air smell, which I swear is carrying the smell of a bluefish slick, when I arrive at work each morning!!!!

D'OH!!!!

It triggers something in my head saying, "This would have been a good day NOT to be at work!

spinncognito
07-14-2004, 07:36 AM
Depending on the tide, I get aget a great or extremely crude aroma wafting through my window daily. Low tide from an inner harbor setting that is surrounded by herring processing plants and lobster shacks can be beyond unpleasant! :yak6:

Notaro
07-14-2004, 09:15 AM
every time i go to work at the state house, i can smell the ocean, damn it, i gotta get out more, man

BasicPatrick
07-14-2004, 03:16 PM
I live in Hull, MA...a Penninsula

The daily question is now whether we will smell salty air each day, the question is which will it be, the Bay of the sea

:D

Life is good

Hull...20 minutes farther away then every other place in the world

Hull...As close to an Island as I can afford to live on

CAL
07-14-2004, 07:05 PM
Yeah, and living in Hull you're pretty much guaranteed to have fishing within walking distance no matter where in town you live.
Some guys have all the luck :D

scoobe
07-14-2004, 10:01 PM
I live about 35 min from the ocean but I work like 10 minutes from it. When the breeze is right I can step outside and smell that nice salty breeze. Oh man what a tease that is in the middle of the work day! :smash: :smash: :smash:

Notaro
07-14-2004, 10:26 PM
thats a striper's foreplay, "ooohhh, u big, overasseccorized surfcaster, i am here...toss your offering and wait and see which one i will choose. oohh big boy, i know that you want to catch me, but you are working and your wife/gf has you on the leash."
thats a tease...damn it, man. i gotta get a grip!:smash: :laughs: