View Full Version : Mung!!!

Backbeach Jake
07-14-2004, 08:36 AM
AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! That is all.

BigFish
07-14-2004, 01:56 PM
So BBJ....how is the mung situation down your way?:smash:

Karl F
07-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Got any good mung recipies?
Shame to waste something so plentifull ;)

Mike P
07-14-2004, 02:33 PM
Been blowing east there, too?

Yesterday AM, July 13, had to run an early morning errand to 7/11 for milk, whoda thunk I would have had to run the heater on July 13 on Lawn Guyland :laughs: 57 degrees on the Jeep's temp display.

Backbeach Jake
07-14-2004, 03:09 PM
We gotta start a mung is rare and valuable campaign. It'll all wind up on Ebay. This Am checked out the Backbeaches. My fave was buried. The water looked like coffee. Well a seal was eating a keeper sized striped and I figured "how bad could it really be?" I tossed a tin that I'll never see again. One crank on the handle and I knew that I messed up. Did ya know that if you pick off enough mung your thumb turns orange? Yeah, it's easterly here. None too balmy either.

TheRattBoy
07-14-2004, 04:04 PM
BBJ, Even worse if yer using braid, it really grabs onto your line.:smash: johnny "the Ratt Boy"

Backbeach Jake
07-14-2004, 04:07 PM
Why of course I use braid. I go for the record every time that I mess up.:o

capesams
07-14-2004, 06:44 PM
yeh! even that septic overflow is head into stage harba from the outside..great for the intake on the outbrd.:mad:

years back two of us were on the backside down south[road says goin south,,compass says north:rolleyes: ] my friend was in front of me[it was nite]an I was wondering where he was headed,,SPLASH! or I should say say more of a plop..went up to his neck in the mung...I ran over an ask him what the h.. were you doing..he said I thought I was still on the beach..:smash:

Backbeach Jake
07-14-2004, 09:42 PM
Been ther and done that. Marked th hole for future reference. Didn't even tell Bigfish. He was right next to me:D !

bassmaster
07-16-2004, 04:53 PM
I like mung
it was fun fishing last night in the mung
to bad nothing was over 19lbs:laughs:

Backbeach Jake
07-17-2004, 05:10 AM
A BM , If you have a few minutes, howza bout a discourse in dealing with that stuff! (please!) I throw a needle and it looks like I'm playing lawn darts. Then my line looks like a giant dreadlock. :smash:

Slingah
07-17-2004, 06:41 AM
ya can't fish in da mung:smash:

BigFish
07-17-2004, 08:23 AM
BBJ...I can guarantee Bassmaster was not fishing through the type of mung we were dealing with a couple weeks ago.:doh:

If he was I would sure like to know his secret!;)

l.i.fish.in.vt
07-17-2004, 08:41 AM
the trick to fishing heavy mung is to place a spreader bar before your lure, this will clear the mung away from your lure. be sure that you have a winch near by to bring the mess in.i did actually have some fish in fairly heavy mung in my last cape trip. the biggest problem was not being able to get to the fish after walking up the beach when i could no longerreel in.

Backbeach Jake
07-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
BBJ...I can guarantee Bassmaster was not fishing through the type of mung we were dealing with a couple weeks ago.:doh:

If he was I would sure like to know his secret!;)
Yeah BigFish, I hate it when you cast and your plug sounds like ya dropped it in the parkinglot and the waves have that Exxon Valdez look to 'em. l.i.fish , really good to finally meet you.

bassmaster
07-17-2004, 10:39 AM
The pundgent sweet smell of Bass was nice
"the beaches are dirty Im outa here"
well , if Ya get off your arse and walk You will find pockets of clean water and castin on a point is alittle cleaner.
and You will work with the tide at various stages to work the mung.
Big Fish never assume with Me:D
and with a incoming tide and the wind It cleand right up to bomber water.
so My point is dont ask me for a mung report get off Your ass and work the water....
sorry:laughs:

BigFish
07-17-2004, 11:16 AM
I don't wait for reports on the mung....BM! The wind been blowing SE for a week and a half or better and now it has shifted to the west!:happy: As far as walking to find clean water......there was none to be found the last time I was down the backside as BBJ will attest!:smash: I got no problem hoofin' it BM.....you just try to keep up!;)

l.i.fish.in.vt
07-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Back beach,nice meeting you also,sorry i had to run.i did wind up with a nice new rod. the joys of plug building. i think peoples idea of fishable are quite varied.had two guys walk right by me leaving the beach because of the mung. it was the only night i had more than one keeper. i did spend some time peeling mung but it was worth it. only had one night out of eleven that i left a beach because of mung.

bassmaster
07-17-2004, 07:39 PM
got to adapt to the conditions.

bassmaster
07-17-2004, 08:17 PM
and it helps to have cape cod wood made By a few that live here and fish wood made for these waters.
the best By test

Backbeach Jake
07-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Found some holes in the poo this after. Go again later. South of where we met couple days ago. Where you dragged the large last year.