View Full Version : Mung Situation.............

MNIOCC
07-16-2004, 01:29 PM
ANYBODY KNOW HOW BAD OR GOOD THE BACK BEACHES ARE RIGHT NOW? I'M PLANNING ON GOING UP THERE THIS WEEKEND, MAYBE TONIGHT .FIGURED WITH THE STRONG SW WIND THINGS COULD HAVE CLEARED UP. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED............

partsjay
07-16-2004, 02:01 PM
Good Luck, I was there last Sat. night, was like casting on my living room carpet. I don't know if it's changed at all this week.

BigFish
07-16-2004, 03:10 PM
Went fishing with Backbeach Jake a week and a half ago.....was horrible with mung!:af: He has been down there and as of the 14th (two days ago) it was still horrible......see post in Grumpy called, of all things..."Mung!". Try and talk with someone who has been there either today or last night for a current report before you drive all the way down there.:huh:

Wish I could be more help.....don't bother calling the B & T shops down there....they will tell you the water is thick with 50 pounders if it will get you down there to spend a few bucks!;)

Rappin Mikey
07-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Called a few tackle shops down that way today. I heard it has lightened up a bit and is fishable.

BigFish
07-16-2004, 04:04 PM
Sucker!!!:doh: Like a big ole' hungry fish RM, you took the bait!:smash: Have fun mungin'!;)

chris L
07-16-2004, 04:10 PM
mikey
Ill be up there tonite and tomorrow night with my little mullets . look for me if your up there . we will be out there fishing .

l.i.fish.in.vt
07-16-2004, 04:26 PM
i talked to a shop owner at 7:30 this morning, said the race was pretty much un fishable. conditions change with the tide and wind so you never know until you try. there is always the bayside.

JHABS
07-16-2004, 08:44 PM
ChrisL, Thinking about going up there also...........

bassmaster
07-17-2004, 10:51 AM
im here:laughs:

Slipknot
07-18-2004, 06:22 PM
ChrisL, was you on coast gaurd in Truro last night?
I saw a toyota with a cap and later mentioned it to Karl and he said he read something about you coming up this weekend.
Sorry I didn't say hello, didn't recognize ya, had time since the fishing was slooooow.

chris L
07-19-2004, 03:54 AM
that was me !

too bad I missed all you guys on the cape .

fishing was way slow but the girls had a great time .

Karl F
07-19-2004, 07:30 AM
shoot...sorry we missed you Chris.

Rappin Mikey
07-19-2004, 10:36 AM
I missed all yall too. Was down on Coast Guard and got into some blues @ sunset. Packed up and moved west and got into some stripas with Rizzo. The biggest was 32" on an eel. Got my first fish on a Habs needle Sunday AM! To bad it was a blue. Oh well, 4 more days and I'll be back at it. Chris,sorry I missed ya. Tried calling you from like 8 different places. I get no service out there anyehere:confused:

chris L
07-19-2004, 10:56 AM
RM
its the cape codders blocking us off cape people from giving out info on cell phones of where the fish are .

You know there are woman on them beaches during the daytime ? I didnt know that .

Note to self :
Self start fishing certain beaches during the daylight hours , dont fish just carry pole for conversation .

its amazing how many woman want ( me ) to ask are you fishing ? what do you catch here . crabs ? No Im just walking around looking at all the scantily clad females

bassmaster
07-19-2004, 07:20 PM
Im still here:laughs: