View Full Version : Dunkin Doughnuts

Raider Ronnie
07-16-2004, 11:00 PM
I'm calling out to boycot Dunkin Doughnuts :af:
Whats with them and going up on their prices every 2-4 months!!!
I went early this morning and got the usual
Lg coffee and 2 doughnuts and the non /english speaking girl serving me says that will be $3.24 :af:
Just the other day the cost was $2.70 :mad:
Going up about 54c in one shot !!!
Seems to me they had a price increase at the end of the winter!!!

Raider Ronnie

Slingah
07-17-2004, 07:02 AM
it's crap anyway.....
just convenient....they are everywhere

BigFish
07-17-2004, 08:21 AM
:happy: Everywhere....and I love it!:gu:

Yeah, RR....the price increase blows, but what are you going to do?:confused: Drink a substandard coffee? People pay good coin for that Starbucks slop in a cup.....in my opinion, Dunkies coffee is much better.

Slingah....what do you know about coffee???? You are talking to the "King of Coffee here!;) :gu: :gu: :gu: :gu: :gu:

Raider Ronnie
07-17-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by BigFish

Yeah, RR....the price increase blows, but what are you going to do?:confused: Drink a substandard coffee? People pay good coin for that Starbucks slop in a cup.....in my opinion, Dunkies coffee is much better.

Slingah....what do you know about coffee???? You are talking to the "King of Coffee here!;) :gu: :gu: :gu: :gu: :gu:

I think I'm going to start drinking a lot more tea instead of coffee,
All the acid in coffee gives me problems antway!!!:eek:

Ronnie

afterhours
07-17-2004, 08:48 AM
i think that they are all owned by different people. i'll get the same thing at 4 different dd's and pay 4 different prices. maybe your dd just remodeled and he wants you to pay for it. green tea with ginseng gives ya a kick in the pants with no acid.

BigFish
07-17-2004, 08:50 AM
I think we should picket outside all of the Dunkin Donuts and let them know how unhappy we are....:af: The best part of that scenario is that we do not have to go far for coffee!:smash: :bl: :laugha: :hihi: :hs:

Raider Ronnie
07-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by afterhours
i think that they are all owned by different people. i'll get the same thing at 4 different dd's and pay 4 different prices. maybe your dd just remodeled and he wants you to pay for it. green tea with ginseng gives ya a kick in the pants with no acid.

i've been going to the same one for years, there are 6 of them all owned by the same family in the Norwood/ Walpole area.

BigFish
07-17-2004, 08:53 AM
All this Dunkie talk has me jonesin'......be right back....gotta get me a Great One!:gu:

Slingah
07-17-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by BigFish

what do I know?????Mister 3/4 cream:smash:
coffee was meant to be drank BLACK..... IMO

MAC
07-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Slingah
what do I know?????Mister 3/4 cream:smash:
coffee was meant to be drank BLACK..... IMO

Not to hijack your thread but.....

back in 91(winter time) I was working in Utah running equipment. I was working with a pipe crew on one particular day and it was COLD. We stopped for coffee and I was talking to one of the fitters. She was a little itty bitty thing all of 90#s. I got down out of the loader and offered her a cup of coffee. As soon as I poured it she refused it saying" Oh thanks anyways but I was weened off of the T*T years ago". :eek: (I drank my coffee Cream , no sugar) For the next 10 years I drank my coffee as it came out of the pot.
:laughs: :laughs:

Nebe
07-17-2004, 03:31 PM
:laughs: You didnt marry her did you newell??:rolleyes:

MAC
07-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Eben
:laughs: You didnt marry her did you newell??:rolleyes:

No, Was already married ...:rolleyes:

kevin d
07-18-2004, 07:13 PM
Consider yourself lucky. The closest DD to me is Charleston or Savannah. The concept of ice coffee is foreign down here. I keep getting boneheads pouring hot coffee over ice and refuse to drink it or pay for it. They do make some killer sweet tea though!

BasicPatrick
07-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Is it me or is the quality of DD goin in the toilet the last 6 months....they never get the order right whether inside or outside...1/2 the time I have to repeat myself three times just to make the order....

Also...do any americans work at DD anymore...

Finally...there is nothing but burnt ice coffee at all of em lately...

I have started bringing it back or refusing it

Notaro
07-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Yes, that's what I was thinking, BP. Everytime I order a breakfast sandwich, a worker doesn't understand my English, even though I had spoken very slowly at a few repeats. And they tried to mess up my sandwich by forgetting to toast it or to add a ham on it or to putting a wrapping in between my sandwich. and the cheese gunk get on it and i cant seem to enjoy the sandwich without a cheese.:af:

Karl F
07-19-2004, 03:37 PM
Yesterday, I had to do some business in Dedham... I always use Rt. 24 instead of 3 to get to 128.... I know, longer in mileage, but I think it is a nicer ride, smoother, and I don't find a major difference timewise... however, I had to make a pit stop around Brockton, 9:30 AM... second DD off exit, past the VA hospital....
CLEAN store, no crap on the stir counters or floor, and clean rest room, (when I used it), very nice english speaking wait staff, they were repeating the order every one made back to them to verify they got the details right on the coffee's... and MOST impressive to me... large sign on counter, no tip cup.... "THANK YOU FOR NOT TIPPING"....
$1.90 for large coffee, handed me the dime back------and said thank you for your order sir-------
I dern near fell over... this should be the model store for all the others in the chain!
Coffee was delivered as ordered, hot, black, no sugar, fresh and tasty.
Big thumbs up to that DD.

Slingah
07-19-2004, 04:17 PM
u lucked out Karl
I know what you mean Basic Patrick...the Ice coffee is always the burnt old stuff...BLAHHHH....PATOOOEY
I also hate it when they give you the flavored crap...if I wanted flavored coffee I'd ask for it.

zacs
07-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Wow, its too bad to hear that all the Mass. DD suck. In Rhody things seem to be OK. Good coffee, english speaking staff. There are a couple of them that could use help on order accuracy, but overall I am happy with our Dunks.

Tim Hortons has better food, I have found.

_Z_

likwid
07-19-2004, 05:00 PM
No, not all the MA DD's suck.

It depends on who owns the franchise in each area.

Rt 6 leaving Wareham is good.
Norton on 123 (not 140... 140 blows)
Raynham at the 495 exit
Rt 6 in Fairhaven

s'all good :D

maddog2020
07-19-2004, 08:23 PM
DD has been down the tubes for a number of yrs IMHO. The ones around where I live ALL stink (I can't write what I really think unfortunately?!). I can get a fresher doughnut from a local Victory Supermarket! The local DD's stuff has to be at least two or three days old IMHO. I think all the doughnuts are made and shipped out of one place since it all tastes stale. I use to get filled doughnuts and when I go to bite into it is all bread crap - where's the filling?! :(

I use to like the coffee and I now I rather not even drink any of it. Past few times the stuff was so hot I could have lifted paint with it?! They use to dump the pots after 20 minutes - what ever happened to that?! After I drink the coffee I don't even want to finish it. :P

I got no beef w/ folks who can't speak english - they can make change real well though - can't they!? I like when they look at you like they can't understand you are saying in english, but you call them a FK'n A-hole they understand you real good. :P

The problem w/ DD is that each store is an independant franchise and NO ONE CARES any more. Gawd - there are new DD's popping up all over the place.

One of my co-workers tells me there is a DD just outside of Sturbridge exit heading down to NYC that the stuff is like it is suppose to be. Doughnuts that when you bit into it there is filling and the coffee tastes so good you want another cup!!

No offense to any one who works at a DD, or has a family member who works at one. I've worked retail and its not fun. ;)

Sorry for rambling, but I HATE Dunkin Doughnuts! I don't buy my friggin coffee from Starbucks either?!@ You don't want me going there: coffee cut w/ filler crap beans roasted dark so you can't taste it anyway and then you sell it for top $$. Damn The Coffee Connections for selling out?!#

Raider Ronnie
07-19-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by BasicPatrick
Is it me or is the quality of DD goin in the toilet the last 6 months....they never get the order right whether inside or outside...1/2 the time I have to repeat myself three times just to make the order....

Also...do any americans work at DD anymore...

Finally...there is nothing but burnt ice coffee at all of em lately...

I have started bringing it back or refusing it

I think Ice coffee is the biggest rip off going!!!
Old coffe that should be poured down the drain because it is most likely from the day before and put in a fridge!!!
On top of that, VERY little coffee and a huge amount of ice!!!
Whats the profit margin on an extra large anyway 200%

Raider Ronnie

maddog2020
07-19-2004, 08:51 PM
You can get a 2.5 oz bag of decent quality coffee for about $0.89 - that makes a whole pot. DD does have to pay overhead for the building and the employees who make minimum wage. ;)

Now you think that DD is going to make a fresh pot of coffee and stick it in the refrigerator so they can make ice coffee?! NOT

Naw the biggest rip off are the Latte's (sp?) with a couple of shots of cappuccino. ;)

Ah - some one who is madder than me at DD - I love it! :D

kevin d
07-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Didn't they used to brew coffee just for iced coffee? I know the one I went to in Portsmouth did.

Flaptail
07-21-2004, 10:04 AM
You never had a donut until you have had a Ma's Donut Shop donut from New Bedford. Man, they are the best! Thier Honeydipped will give your mouth the Big "O"!!!!!!:D

fishsmith
07-21-2004, 10:22 AM
Dunkies is my heroin, I love it, love it, love it (but I agree the $$ has gone up like the real estate market) . Plus the girls on the South Shore are HOT!! I think they're the flunkies from Mary Lou's.

Karl F
07-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Ma's in New Biege, eh?.... have to remember that.

Flap, if you ever find yourself in Southwick, MA, swing by Mrs. Murphy's... I'm partial to the cinamonn there, but, they are all AWSOME. Real Fresh Homemade schtuff.
If your there early and see a grouchier, older version of myself sittin' there, say hi to my brother Paul.... he is a counter fixture there, unless the SMB, or LMB are biting, then you'll have to hit Congamond, or one of the smaller ponds in that area, to find him.

zacs
07-21-2004, 01:49 PM
There's a Ma's in Newport as well. Fall river too, I think.
_Z_

Surfcastinglife
07-21-2004, 03:10 PM
krispy kreme > dd

Newboater
07-27-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm a great fan of DD.

6am Large regular w/3 equals & cream w/2 donuts
3pm Med decaf w/2 equals & cream
8pm Med decaf w/2 equals & cream

All I need to say is 'Got any fresh coffee Love and the darlings say 'Yup and discounted for ole farts'

I've held up the line sometimes cuz the girls make a fresh pot for me if they think the one on is kinda old.

Gotta love being a regular

Sarge

UserRemoved1
07-28-2004, 05:43 AM
I will live 3 miles from there in 2 days :D

:wave: Karl

Originally posted by Karl F
Ma's in New Biege, eh?.... have to remember that.

Flap, if you ever find yourself in Southwick, MA, swing by Mrs. Murphy's... I'm partial to the cinamonn there, but, they are all AWSOME. Real Fresh Homemade schtuff.
If your there early and see a grouchier, older version of myself sittin' there, say hi to my brother Paul.... he is a counter fixture there, unless the SMB, or LMB are biting, then you'll have to hit Congamond, or one of the smaller ponds in that area, to find him.

Karl F
07-28-2004, 07:41 AM
:wave: Salty :cool:

Paul is semi-retired, he has a small machine shop, if U need any machine shop work, he'll probably work for plugs, or a chance ta go fishin', he's at that stage where fishin' or Murphy's comes first tho.... :laughs:

UserRemoved1
07-28-2004, 07:45 AM
thanks Karl, got a machinist next door to me I been using on a regular basis :D

too regular :D

Crafty Angler
07-28-2004, 07:52 AM
You're right Flap - Ma's has the best donuts. There's several on the Island here - DD blows.

Ma's also has Portuguese malassadas and they're damned good for store-bought - pretty close to my Gramma's :btu: - 3.99 the half dozen -

chipwood
07-28-2004, 07:57 PM
I f I don't make my own coffee, it's Ma's Donuts for me. I don't mind DD, but the service can be iffy sometimes. I went to the new DD in Narry today and asked for a regular. I get down the road and take a sip. The damn kid must've forgot to put the sugar in. Whoever owns that new DD has absolutely the worst help going. But Ma's coffee is better than DD.

RIROCKHOUND
07-29-2004, 08:51 AM
chip,
screw the DD in narry, go next door to the coffee connection!!!

likwid
07-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Malassadas....

:drool:

beachwalker
07-29-2004, 12:03 PM
welcome to reality beachwalker. A store bought, large coffee(20oz) costs friggin $2.50 here.

:af: :af:

likwid
07-29-2004, 12:31 PM
So if I bring you coffee and eggs will you take me to a SPOT?

:D

chris L
07-29-2004, 01:18 PM
just say no we dont want your joe !

maybe there is a coffee half way house you guys could get some help from your addiction to coffee coffee coffee .

beachwalker
07-29-2004, 01:54 PM
noooooooooooooooooooo :af:

i need my coffee

and 4:20 :D

eggs cost $65 ove here.......

and there is 60 miles of "spots" :D

likwid
07-29-2004, 02:30 PM
I'll take that as a :hihi:

Goin over in a couple weeks on the boat.

beachwalker
07-29-2004, 03:28 PM
right on

go east :D

and i'm comin .... :hihi:

don't mind if I do :laughs:

bassmaster
07-29-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by beachwalker
welcome to reality beachwalker. A store bought, large coffee(20oz) costs friggin $2.50 here.

:af: :af:
so move You idiot.

beachwalker
07-29-2004, 10:45 PM
I did. I live closer to the beach now. only a 1/4 mile as oppossed to a 1/2 :o

bassmaster
07-30-2004, 11:39 AM
so what Your telling me is that your a millioniar hier, sorry to poor to spell that word You yuppie

beachwalker
07-30-2004, 12:02 PM
you're relentless :laughs:

you should see the pos i live in. surprised there haven't been any drivebys :af:

bassmaster
07-30-2004, 12:04 PM
so Your a millionair you yuppie

beachwalker
07-30-2004, 12:04 PM
fok no

i rent

likwid
07-30-2004, 12:28 PM
BM's just grumpy because they check for stinky pants before letting em on the island. :D

beachwalker
07-30-2004, 02:26 PM
i know he's a poopie pants. we don't let them on the island. yuppie or not.

whats the matter poops ?

RIROCKHOUND
08-02-2004, 08:02 AM
Dunkin grumpage cont.
Noticed this Am that lately they dont even hand you a straw at the counter anymore with an Iced Coffee... even though I ordered it as I wanted it, they obviously ass-u-me that I need to alter my order because all the straws are next to the extra sugar/s&Lo/equal...
:af:
Pissed me off after I got to my truck with no straw....

bassmaster
08-02-2004, 12:26 PM
i wet my waiders

RIROCKHOUND
08-02-2004, 12:31 PM
That doesnt surprise anyone Dave...
see TLapinski's post on latex under-roos...should help you out....:D :D

UserRemoved1
08-02-2004, 01:06 PM
got DEPENDS?

Originally posted by bassmaster
i wet my waiders

Slingah
08-09-2004, 05:03 PM
I send the helper to get us a Monday morning pick me up.....med ice w/shot of espresso
I get a warm Ice coffee no ice
5 bucks and 1/2 hour for him to go get it:af:

RIROCKHOUND
09-28-2004, 08:45 AM
So this AM, after fishing 3 til dawn I stopped at the C-town d and d... order a large Hazelnut black and 2 donuts (mm... donuts...) the kid working (wearing a yank's hat :af: ) responds, I'll put it in the great one cup, I dont have any large cups... I said OK.. he then repeats my order back to me; hazelnut, cream/sugar... no, black i respond... he then rings me up for a great one price; I siad I ordered a large, not a greatone... now he looks at me blankly, "what?..." I said I ordered a large and 2 donuts; 2.69+tax.... doesnt equal 3.12.... oh... right....
:smash:
What a way to end a so-so morning... I promptly drove to work, parked my truck at 715 and slept till 8a in the front seat.. I love fall fishing :D

piemma
09-28-2004, 01:44 PM
I went home. My gutters were overflowing so I climbed up the ladder and promtly fell off.

RIROCKHOUND
09-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Well you've got me beat....:smash:
I had a pleasant nap parked on the side of Flagg rd :yawn: ... must have been a site for anyone walking by on their way up the hill to class....:eek:

piemma
09-28-2004, 02:13 PM
it was a good thing that there had been a lot of rain and the ground was soft. I could have got hurt.

RIJIMMY
09-28-2004, 03:32 PM
My coffee drinking days began while I was living in Northern California. I got used to dark, strong coffee.
I moved back here 4 years ago and tried DD coffee. to me, its swill. Watered down for housewives.

Calling DD coffee great is like calling Bud great beer. Its cheap crap for the masses.

I think their donuts are killer, IMHO way better than krispy creme

RIROCKHOUND
09-28-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm the opposite... I hate dark bitter coffee... DD isnt great, just convienet... now Kona or Jamacia coffee rocks....!!!

RIROCKHOUND
10-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Happened again; Fri night left my house at 11p. order a black coffee... get 20min down the rd (when it has usually cooled enough) and found lukewarm with milk/sugar..
IDIOTS!!!:af:

piemma
10-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Bryan:
I hear that. It use to happen to me all the time. Now I try the coffee before I leave the window.