View Full Version : Need new wader boots.

basswipe
07-18-2004, 09:26 AM
The basspro redhead wader boots I bought last year basically
fell apart last night.1 d-ring on the left boot popped off and 3 on the right.You get what you paid for.
What's a good pair to get and where to get them?Price is somewhat of a consideration but its not the 1st consideration.
Thanks guys.

Nebe
07-18-2004, 11:00 AM
the LLBean boots that have the studded rubber aquastealth soles are hard to beat, plus they have a lifetime warranty:D:

Chunker of Death
07-18-2004, 11:01 AM
The one that has held up the best for me is the LL Bean line of wading shoes. I'm on my third season with the Ultralight Wading Shoe. Not the least expensive ($109 for the studded model) but very rugged and reasonably comfortable (if you replace the OEM insoles with a gel type). Best part is that Bean's will take them back if they fail to perform for yah. The studded version is called the Aqua Stealth w studes. They also sell it as a Aqua Stealth w/o studs and a felt model too. The studded option gives yah amazing traction. Oh, I forgot to mention that I pulled a eyelet out of one of Bean's wading boots some years back. They didn't carry the same boot so let me choose what I wanted. I went with the Ultralight boot even though it was $45 more then what I had paid two years before. The sales person said that wasn't an issue as it was a FREE upgrade. It was obvious that I had taken care of my gear and that the product had failed through no fault of mine.

Chunker of Death
07-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Eben: You must have been reading my mind. lol

spence
07-18-2004, 11:31 AM
I've got the studded felt LLBean boots. Like 'em a lot...

-spence

basswipe
07-18-2004, 11:52 AM
I checked out there site.Are the studs replaceable?No mention of
that and if they are bean doesn't have the studs.Would Korker
studs work?
I don't always need to have the studs,so a removable sandle
would be better.Their "stream cleats" would be ideal except again
there's the problem of whether the studs are replaceable.

Chunker of Death
07-18-2004, 12:04 PM
Replacing the studs? Hmmm, good question. Never had to do it. I know that Bean's sells the Aquastealth sole w/ studs by itself. You rip off the old one and glue on the new one. The studs will save yer bacon the majority of the time but you can also throw the Korkers over the boots for those times whn yer hiking through the thick salad. I think the studded version is only $20 more then the slip on the rock and break your back model. Cheap insurance.

blackeye
07-18-2004, 12:41 PM
Hodgeman has a good pair for the money-$50 at #^&#^&#^&#^&s sporting goods. and they are VERY easy with their return policies

Nebe
07-18-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by basswipe
I checked out there site.Are the studs replaceable?
No they are not replaceable..... But the boots are:rolleyes:

theSURF121
07-18-2004, 03:50 PM
Have you looked at the Korkers Konvertible. Not exactly cheap but might be something you'll like.

MAC
07-18-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Eben
the LLBean boots that have the studded rubber aquastealth soles are hard to beat, plus they have a lifetime warranty:D:

Most comfortable boot I have ever owned. I've had mine for 5 years now and holding up great. Comfortable too

jim sylvester
02-27-2006, 08:18 PM
went from the bean to the korker convertables... I use the felt insert, drill 11 strategically placed pilot holes through the removable sole and insert machine screws. BYE FAR THE BEST TRACTION IF YOU ARE A BILLY GOAT ON THE ROCKS.

Pete F.
02-28-2006, 09:11 AM
I think the pullon boots from Beans look interesting. If they fit well and give enough support they might attract less sand.

basswipe
02-28-2006, 02:42 PM
There's a blast from the past!

ThrowingTimber
03-01-2006, 01:15 AM
sierra trading post .com has studded simms wading boots for 75 bux right now.