View Full Version : Marine Spark Plugs

Fly Rod
07-19-2004, 04:23 PM
:) Don't mind anybody making a profit, "BUT!!!" these out board marina stores are like Jesse James with out a gun!!!!:smash: :smash:

Went to buy plugs today at the marina and they wanted $11.00 per plug;that's right, per plug, told the person had to look around!!! Had to have them today;went to Napa Auto Parts, same plug $5.75 Only problem had to order today to get tomorrow morning!!!

Back to marina to buy 6 plugs,smart $ss says, your back, couldn't find them any place else and we were the cheapest!!! I says, your half right, "Nobody else had them "BUT!!!" I could buy 12 plugs for what ya charging me!!!"

Anyway bought the 11.00 plugs 6 of em installed and purrs like a kitten!!!!

Stopped at Napa and ordered 6 plugs to have for the next time!!! ;) :cool:

likwid
07-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Marine Spark Plugs?
Thats a new one.

Considering half the smaller outboards use the same damn plugs that lawnmowers use. :laughs:

Bigger ones use normal car spark plugs.

Dunno anyone honestly who'd go to a marina to buy spark plugs unless they hate their money and wanna throw it away. :D

NEXT2NUN
07-19-2004, 06:24 PM
I just bought 2 plugs for my 20 HP Merc. Last year 4$ this year 15$.

Bigcat
07-19-2004, 08:40 PM
The plugs for my Evinrude run between 12-15 bucks local.
I buy my plugs at sparkplug.com for 5.10 each,check them out you wont be sorry:D

MTC
07-21-2004, 11:54 PM
I just got some at Monahans in Weymouth for $5.75 each.

An old slat in Maine once said to me when I complained about the price of a starter solonoid...

"If you don't like the price bring your wife in and we'll #^&#^&#^&#^&er!"

capesams
07-22-2004, 08:56 PM
ngk's.....$2.23...........200yamaha..........:conf used:

Fly Rod
07-23-2004, 07:41 AM
:) After doing some research on the plugs the cheapest for the QC champion plugs are about $5.79 !!!!

Also the QC plugs that I use can't be cross referenced!!!

Anyway bought the plugs at a NAPA auto parts store!!! Order them one day and get them the next day !!!

Chalk it up to a lesson learned!!!! ;) :cool: