View Full Version : Good Quality Wader Belt

BasicPatrick
07-19-2004, 05:57 PM
Anyone have any exp. with top quality Wader Belts and where to get them. I recently got one done at a Dive shop but the buckle came undone in the surf and bye bye Donmar Pliers....

I do not want to repeat this

Slingah
07-19-2004, 06:02 PM
Pat ...go to EMS, the Lurker got a great one made for him there...I am gonna get one soon

Bobbike
07-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Being as polite as I can,,,I think you may need to incorperate a pair of suspenders with your belt

Slingah
07-19-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Bobbike
Being as polite as I can,,,I think you may need to incorperate a pair of suspenders with your belt
LMFAO:laughs:

Slingah
07-19-2004, 06:12 PM
sorry Pat it was funny...
I'm in shape too.....round is a shape

BigFish
07-19-2004, 06:17 PM
They sell walrus harnesses in Sea World I am sure.....I will pick a couple up for you round guys while I am there!:happy: :laugha: :laugha: :hihi: :jester:

UserRemoved1
07-19-2004, 07:16 PM
You know the thought crossed my mind but I figured i'd be nice and keep my mouth shut....wow you guys are vicious :eek:

Squid kids Dad
07-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Hey...Maybe we can get a group discount for all us round guys...:D

Pete_G
07-19-2004, 08:19 PM
This one has a nice, heavy clip. The picture doesn't show it off real well, but it's basically the same belt Hunter Fishing Products used to offer before they disappeared.

2" wading belt (http://www.saltwateredge.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FRI10&Category_Code=SG&Product_Count=3)

It'll handle "round" guys too...

spence
07-19-2004, 10:44 PM
I guess the issue is how much do you not want the belt to accidently pop off, vs be able to get it off if you need. I usually just have my pliers or a small aquaskinz bag on it, and once in a while it will pop off when I'm in a strange position. This makes me keep it more loose than I would like. I've almost lost my Donnmar pliers a few times.

With bootfoot waders is there really a situation where I wouldn't want the belt to stay on?

-spence

Krispy
07-20-2004, 12:28 AM
anyone seen a belt with back support incorporated in it?

Slingah
07-20-2004, 05:55 AM
yes Krispy...Cabela's has one...saw it in the catalog

eelslinger
07-20-2004, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Pete_G
This one has a nice, heavy clip. The picture doesn't show it off real well, but it's basically the same belt Hunter Fishing Products used to offer before they disappeared.

2" wading belt (http://www.saltwateredge.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FRI10&Category_Code=SG&Product_Count=3)

Figures I'd see this now. I looked high and low for this belt and settled for police utility belt I got on the weekend for twice as much.

Also good to know what happened to Hunter Fishing Products. I looked everywhere for them too.

TBone
07-20-2004, 07:08 AM
Krispy, I bought one from Cabela's a while back before I saw my chiropractor...shoot me a PM if you're interested.

fishweewee
07-20-2004, 07:23 AM
My favorite is Patagonia - built to last. This once stretches and flexes.

If you want a nylon belt that doesn't flex (which is good for attaching small plug bags and the like to your waist), call The Surfcaster.

PurpelNoon
07-20-2004, 09:47 AM
I have several belts and the best by far is from The Surfcaster, if you are looking for s stiffer or sturdier belt. It has a large front clip so it would be tougher for stuff to fall off.

To save my back, I now put my bag onto the belt which also secures by shoulder strap over my shoulders. This way it is impossible to lose your belt and stuff.

Another idea is to be creative. You can vary the lengths ans thicknesses of belts by going to a shoemaker. They have machines that can really customize your stuff.