View Full Version : Canal fishin all mornin!

BrianS
07-21-2004, 12:59 PM
It was gorgeous out
I got a nice sunburn
I caught my first pollock

and nothing else.

Although I had a chance for two REALLY NICE keepers... They were both about 200lbs and wandered into my fishing zone...

I hate divers.. I was fishing the very end of the east end, they knew I was there... Me and another guy had at least 4 lines out, and they were in them. My lines kept pulling and I bumped one of them once on a retreive..

They also gave me the stupid stare when I said something to them... The $@#@#$#@$'s

Other than that, nice morning, picked up some new plugs... and its a mental health day from work... All is well...

t.orlando
07-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Some of those divers are very stupid down there. ! day off the Sandwich jetty, I was catching macks and livelining. There was a diver in front of the beach to my right. As the tide turned West the moron got sucked int and around the rip off the end. His diver bouy rope got stuck on the can in front and he was hung up in a moving tide. Had to call for help on the cell. Moron could easily have drowned................P.S. shoulda livelined that pollock

BrianS
07-21-2004, 01:43 PM
it was certainly the perfect size.. about 9" or so...

it was the first i ever caught so i showed mercy.. :)

(would of been my first diver too, but mercy may have been absent on that catch. I imagine a kicking human feels quite a bit like a large blue or something)

t.orlando
07-21-2004, 02:47 PM
Which side were you on. I have not been to the end of the Scussett jetty since they fixed it. Wondering what it's like out there now?

Surfcastinglife
07-21-2004, 03:00 PM
where do u guys place the hook on the pollock to make it live longer i catch em all the time from shore in gloucester from like 6-8 inches and im gona start livelining them =D

fishsmith
07-21-2004, 03:24 PM
I go threw the mouth and out the nose, or in one nostril an pierce a new one if I can't get it threw the other nostril.
but if they're plentiful try it like your largemouth bass fishing with shiners and let us know which method hooked up the best.

BrianS
07-21-2004, 04:04 PM
I always go on the power plant side. Its nice imo...

Only the one pollock... They were jumpin, but I wasnt trying for them.. :)