View Full Version : Does being smart make you ugly?

Joe
07-21-2004, 02:27 PM
I think so....
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/SHOWBIZ/TV/07/14/tv.jeopardywinner.ap/story.ken.jennings.ap.jpg

I should not have made fun of Steven Hawking...He's kind of a celebrity so I thought he was fair game...
I should have gone with Ken Jennings from the start

RIJIMMY
07-21-2004, 02:59 PM
I guess the opposite holds true too., the press keeps touting John Edwards as being good looking.

Crafty Angler
07-21-2004, 08:25 PM
I dunno, Joe - if you're that brilliant, looks are pretty much secondary.

Hell, I'm a perfect example....:smash:..well, alright, not if ya ask Mrs. Crafty, I guess...

Nebe
07-21-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by RIJIMMY
I guess the opposite holds true too., the press keeps touting John Edwards as being good looking.

Yep and then theres bush who is both ugly and stupid:bshake:

Crafty Angler
07-22-2004, 08:54 AM
Yeah, George the Second is as dumb as a freakin' doorknob - but ya gotta realize it wasn't a beauty contest, it's just nepotism at it's very best -

Or very worst, as the case may be :rolleyes:

fishweewee
07-22-2004, 09:58 AM
I'm amazed Stephen Hawking has made it this far.

Isn't ALS usually fatal?

I hope he gets to figure out his Grand Unification Theory before he leaves this existence.

tlapinski
07-22-2004, 10:20 AM
one of the best guest appearences on the Simpsons!

TBone
07-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Going on this theory...I must be BRILLIANT!!!

STEVE IN MASS
07-22-2004, 12:38 PM
Joe....sorry, that is just plain mean, even if it was in jest.....

The man has an incredible mind, and because he has a particular disease, he just happens to look like that......not to mention that he has gone to great strides to over come his handicap to be able to share his brilliance with the rest of the world.........

Sorry, but ya all gotta grow up a bit.....:rolleyes:

Flaptail
07-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I agree with Steve in Mass. That was a little mean, the poor guy has ALS but because his body is screwed it doesn't mean his mind is. He is one of histories great physicists and thinkers.

Now, that being said, I am very smart and also quite ugly so I guess your basic theory holds water in that way of thinking.:eek:

JohnR
07-26-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by fishweewee
I'm amazed Stephen Hawking has made it this far.

Isn't ALS usually fatal?

I hope he gets to figure out his Grand Unification Theory before he leaves this existence.

I read the other day that he feels his original theories on black holes are incorrect :smash:

Surfcastinglife
07-27-2004, 02:08 PM
ya his original theories stated that matter that went into black hole could possibly come out in a diff dimension but now he states that they return to our own universe just completely magles ;)

chris L
07-27-2004, 02:16 PM
I know woman with incredible minds too . they are invisible and ugly .

jim24
07-27-2004, 02:29 PM
:confused: I read that story in this mornings Providence Journal about Hawkings...boy...didn't understand a word of it....duh? :smash: