View Full Version : WHOO-HOO! A first for the jugstah

jugstah
07-26-2004, 06:42 AM
Yesterday, after spending a few hours at my Brother's new apartment building in Pawtucket doing some work, one of my other brothers and I decided to hit the Ditch.

We fish for about a hour, and then the slack hits. The action picks up quickly. I catch a 30in bluefish on one of my own self-made leader rigs, give it away to some nice older chinese couple, more than glad to oblige.

Twenty minutes later, tide just starts to shift. I catch a 29in striper on yet another one of my self-made leader rigs. :btu: :btu:

My brother, feeling left out, gets his striper 5 minutes later. It fights, fights, and then finally he lands her. Turns out to be a 35.5in striper. FAT!

Well, all in all, it was a good 3 hours of fishing.

:happy: :happy: :happy:

Best part for me was watching my bro catch the big one, but not the least of all was me catching my fish on my own self-made leader rigs!

striprman
07-26-2004, 06:56 AM
See, fishing in the canal isn't that bad. How many rigs did you loose?

jugstah
07-26-2004, 07:21 AM
I lost just one.

But generally, I fished towards the direction of the current rather than against it. That seems to work for me.

Can't complain. I'm enjoying fishing in the Ditch. I haven't been to Falmouth or other places in weeks now.

striprman
07-26-2004, 07:37 AM
Just wait until that 40 pounder hits, then you'll be saying a few things to yourself.

jugstah
07-26-2004, 08:13 AM
I don't know. I've yet to break my record of 32in striper from Falmouth in 2 years. I'm working to step up to bigger stripers. :)

5/0
07-26-2004, 07:58 PM
Way to go Jugstah.:happy: :happy: :happy:
Isn't it more rewarding when you catch fish on leaders you tied yourself.
Nice going you'll pass that old record soon;)

5/0

Notaro
07-26-2004, 10:45 PM
damn, i havent caught my keeper from the shore. i need my canal keeper.

congrats, dude.