View Full Version : Bayside Marine in Duxbury

Got Stripers
07-29-2004, 06:25 PM
Man I tell you what, talk about raping me, those guys are theives. Bring in the Honda won't run, but will start, just no time to screw with it myself this week. Turns out it was a loose water separator, s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g air, that plus a blidge pump, plugs and fuel filter, $520 just unreal. Now I'm no mechanic, but duh first thing I'd have done was put a different gas tank on the outboard and if it ran fine, then run down the fuel/air problem on the boat. I'll bet they spent 2 hours going by the "outboard repair for dummies" playbook, before getting down to common sense. I'd write the manager a letter, but for what. What really pisses me off is no phone call or nothing, curious at what $$ figure do they intend to clue you in, that hey this is going to run you some bucks.

Wish my usual guy wasn't on vacation, with the odds of getting in after he came back slim, because I just know I'd have been out of it for $300 or less. Thieves, buyer beware, those guys will bend you over and stick it to you good.

Bigcat
07-29-2004, 07:20 PM
They don't call it Deluxbury for nuttin, did you look around and see all the Gradys he sells?
I think the Boat-Guy down on rt 28 in Bourne works on Honda ?

ProfessorM
07-30-2004, 10:16 AM
The boat guy in Catumet is great. I would recommend him. Not cheap either though. None of those guys are cheap. I picked the wrong trade. P.M.

Vectorfisher
08-01-2004, 10:28 AM
That doesnt sound too bad, considering last year I rebuilt the top end of my motor GM I/O and only had spark when it was 180 degrees out of time, turned out to be the jumper wire from the coil to the distributor was bad and when it was moved just right it would throw spark unfortunately it was when it was 180 out of time, I was more frustrated and not thinking clearly hence bringing to someone, G&S marine had my boat in there yard for a month when they finally looked at it they charged me 3 hours labor and $125.00 for a 1' piece of wire with 2 ends the total bill was $335.00

Recovery Room
08-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Another good local alternative is Atlantic Boat Rental on Sandwich Street in Plymouth. Good guy, very responsive, very knowledgable.

I had a problem with a prior boat that I had several mechanics look at .... including BaySide, Brewers, Slicks Marine, Trexler's Marine (in NH) and McCarthy Marine (who I don't think is in business any more). Atlantic was the only one to find/fix it, first time.

irishman
08-05-2004, 05:55 AM
Watch your wallet!

I also got shafted by these gusys two years ago for a fuel problem.

$400 dollar bill with the problem still there. Barted them down to 300 .

BRought it up to Monahan Marine problem has a plugged pick up tube screen > $ 50 dollars job fixed