View Full Version : Profiteering?

afterhours
07-31-2004, 02:29 PM
read in the projo that a major oil co. showed record profits for a quarter (up 39%) nooo??? can't be!!! well schucks that 's just good business not profiteering. sob's will suck you dry if allowed.

Backbeach Jake
07-31-2004, 05:23 PM
Fuel cells now!! I can't believe that these crooks ! Rob us blind and brag about it in the paper. That's huge g'nads for folks selling a flammable commodity. you gotta love it, fuel and cigarettes, you pay too much, you burn it up, and you pay too much again! I think I'm nuts!

Nebe
07-31-2004, 09:28 PM
Whenever there is a war, oil prices go up. The problem is when there are people (not naming any names here..:rolleyes: ) in very powerful positions who have two things in common.... the power to wage war and the abillity to profit from rising oil prices.

The problem with the Fuel Cells is that Bush has alloted lots of $$ for research, but there's a catch... the energy used to make the hydrogen to power teh fuel cells has to come from oil... So, when you hear him talking about how he's funding fuel cells as an alternative power source, he's lying.

The same thing goes for the 'no child left behind' act..... but thats another topic and theres probly a handful of people here who are getting really pissed at me so im just going to shut up for a while:D :lurk:

spence
07-31-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Eben
The problem with the Fuel Cells is that Bush has alloted lots of $$ for research, but there's a catch... the energy used to make the hydrogen to power teh fuel cells has to come from oil... So, when you hear him talking about how he's funding fuel cells as an alternative power source, he's lying.
Eben, I'm most impressed you pointed this out. Indeed Bush's sponsorship of this technology relies on hydrodgen derived from fossil fuels. Have you been reading motherjones?

-spence

Nebe
08-01-2004, 10:24 AM
nope, I just pay attention to whats going on.. I just wish more people did:(