View Full Version : Bluefin Tuna!!!

Fisherwoman
08-28-2001, 08:34 AM
Hey all, heading out early Thursday morning with a few friends of ours for a little tuna trip to Stellwagon Bank, any body know what the bite has been the last couple of days out there. Hope we get a big un!!!!! Yee HAA

schoolie monster
08-28-2001, 03:36 PM
Don't know how the Tuna bite is, but I thought I'd say hi. Julie, how many hours till you go to the VINEYARD? Can you believe its almost here?

When do you guys head over?

We're going to Nantucket on the 15th, but only for a week 'cause Karen has only been at her new job for a few months. But a week is cool.

Have you been getting out recently? Check out my report in the reports section... we had some decent action... hey, I gotta run and get my daughter but I gotta get some albie info from you 'cause they're usually pretty thick over in Madaket Harbor.

Later.

Jenn
08-28-2001, 10:07 PM
http://forums.evilnet.net/ubb/smilies/wzbigcry.gif

So envious......poopie-head

Fisherwoman
08-29-2001, 08:41 AM
Hi SM, glad to hear from ya. Heard that our little spot on the south shore is starting to heat up for the little devils, you may want to give that a shot from shore if you can't get the boat out. Glad you and dad got into them, sounds like you had a ball. We were out Sunday and got into alot of fish from Deer Island Rip all the way down Revere beach and out toward the Graves. So they are still around. Always keep an eye on the area around Wallaston this time of year as it can be very productive. Last year at this time, we got into alot of fish out along Nantasket beach, but that isn't quite happening yet. We are headed to the bank tomorrow to see if we can pick up a few speedsters, got a few reports last night that the bite is on, BRING IT ON!!!!! This should be a rush, can't wait.
As for the Vineyard, we are heading down on Sept 16th and coming back on the 7th of Oct. If you and JohnR need a break let me know?

Jenn you little sh## Bag, calm the freag down, we haven't caught anything yet, HA HA.

schoolie monster
08-29-2001, 01:40 PM
Are you talking about the spot you, BC, John and I fished about this time last year?

Was that a daylight report? I've been down a few times recently at night w/eels with little action. A couple small keepers and some schoolies over the past few weeks. I fished dusk with topwater on Saturday, but nothin' was happenin'. If we're talkin' the same spot, I better give that a little early morning shot.

I'm checking with John about a quick trip to albie-ville... if he's not able, I still may be interested. I'll talk to him asap.

Fisherwoman
08-29-2001, 01:51 PM
Hey SM, Actually I was talking about our old schoolie haunt, been some friends down there fishing it and getting a few fish in the 30 inch range. Haven't been down to the other spot yet, but in the next couple of weeks would be a good idea for you to put some time in down there. If you can jig up some live herring around some docks some where and live line them down there, may be a really good bet for you as that is what the fish are slammin on out there. There is alot of herring around and silver sides. But you may want to give that a try if you can.

As for MV I will email you the phone number for over there and if you can make it you are by all means welcome. We can stash you on a couch or something.

Jenn
08-29-2001, 11:37 PM
Calm down??? CALM down???? I am always calm! HA!HA! LMAO!!!! I am cool as a cucumber!!!http://forums.evilnet.net/ubb/smilies/splat.gif No stress here!!!:rolleyes:

schoolie monster
08-30-2001, 09:34 AM
Oh yeah, I'll continue to put time in down there. Last year John and I smoked 'em from now till around the 22nd of september. Thanks for the herring tip. I think I'll save the mackerel and herring jigging and live-lining till I have a bigger boat. Not too far off I hope. When that happens, maybe you can show me what that's all about.

For now, I'll be hitting that spot from the shore... w/eels and plugs. I haven't seen much bait down there yet and last year it was everywhere... and so were the large.

OHHH, you talkin' about that other spot. We hit that a couple times from the boat over the weekend and took a few fish. I broke off a small keeper sized fish there late in the tide on friday. I've been launching at that public launch by the gas tank, so I'll keep givin' that some time.

I drive by Wollastan each day on my way home... I keep watching for those huge schools of fish I saw every day for about three weeks last year. Hope they show up again soon.

I'll email you next week some time and talk about stuff... I'm at training now and I gots to go... thanks Juls.

Got Stripers
08-30-2001, 06:24 PM
I've been driving by there all week, morning and evening, without so much as an excited tern. But I didn't stop and glass the entire bay, just a passing look out. Looked sweet this morning, how'd you and Bill do out there FW; I got to believe you two wouldn't pass up such a nice day. I've been working on a trouble job in Boston all week and it's got some nice views of the harbor, I wished I were out in the boat all week:( .

If you have anything to report :rolleyes: FW I'm all ears, hopefully I will see some big blues and will give Bill a heads up if your around this weekend. I know his still looking for the bookend. Don't forget to email me the number for MV, because I'd still like to get down for a day. I'm not betting on it as I've got a ton of catching up to do, then the Maine trip, but I'm still holding out some hope. Hey SM, care to wet a line over the weekend? I feel the need for speed, but I think my usual partner has decided the family weekend motor camping is more important. I've still got to check the weather, boat, wife etc, but Saturday is my usual day, unless it's a weather bust. Pop me an email if you can go.

schoolie monster
08-31-2001, 09:41 AM
Hey Bob,

I would really like to go, but I have a couple details to work out first. I have some friends coming in tonight, but I believe they are just leaving as soon as they wake up tomorrow morning. If that is the case, I'll be cool to tag along.

I'm also heading to the cape tomorrow, but again, we weren't planning on leaving till around noon or so, so if you are doing your normal early am thing, that is flexible.

I'm off-site training today so I don't have email access, but I'll login from home. I'll also check the board a few times. But if you still don't have partner, I'm pretty sure I can make it.

Why don't you shoot me an email with your number (I think I have it, but I'm not positive) and I'll give you a call tonight.

FW, low and behold I went by wollaston yesterday around 4pm and there was a decent group of birds working. Seek and ye shall find.

Fisherwoman
08-31-2001, 06:50 PM
GS, hope you can get out tomorrow, but be carefull speed demon!!!!! It's supposed to be kicked up pretty good.

As for the tuna trip, well we didn't land any or see any for that matter. We did get alot of blue fish in the 10 - 12 lb range. Had a beautiful weather day. We saw quite the whale spectical. I have never seen so many whales in one day, they were breaching and putting on quite the show, it was awesome. We left at 3 Am and got back in about 6 last evening, so was pretty drained. Needless to say we slept like babies, or more like passed out LOL. Did some wire line jiggin along the race also yesterday, was quite a bit of fish there, but not to many playing, they were pretty finicky. We ended up picking up a few small keeper bass. Was a great day and a great experience!!!!

SM and JohnR, I will email you the number for MV so you have it.