View Full Version : Funny Story

Navy Chief
08-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Okay, I'm at work and at lunch time I look out my window and see Bluefish Blitzing. It's really cold where I work so I figure I'll go do the catch and release thing for lunch. Start throwing a popper and land a couple racers. Move down the bank a little and hook another small Bluefish, he gets 15 feet from shore then swims straight up onto the beach in a real big hurry. There's a 20 lb Linesider chasing him. So I throw the bluefish back in the water about ten feet and he races back onto dry land. Mr Bass is still circling. So I pull out my plug and eyeball the blue, toss him out, and open my bail. Mr Striper takes the bait and starts cruising out. I wait, I wait... then I wait so more. Flip the bail, take slack, set hook........

and Reel in a Bluefish head.

RIJIMMY
08-02-2004, 02:57 PM
? The bass bit the blue in half? Not likely, may have been a bigger blue or some type of shark.

The Iceman 6
08-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Still a good lunch....

Navy Chief
08-02-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm sure it was the striper. It wasn't perfectly sliced like if it was a Blue. Ragged cut, and I saw the striper take it.

bloocrab
08-02-2004, 05:15 PM
:hs: .... something fishy about that story, you may want to watch the instant replay in . . . . . "slow-motion"

Have you ever seen the size of the teeth on a 20# striper ??? ....Stripers normally eat whole fish - - head first...so you just getting the head back,:confused: throws a different twist to the story never mind severing the bluefish all-together. I'm not in anyway saying your "fish-tale-ing" here...just giving you my opinion. I've never even seen a striper cut through an old piece of mushy mackerel...they normally, (and pardon my expression :eek: ) suck it down to the throat area and work it in from there. Could the striper have worked it down to that area ? Sure....could he have mangled up the neck area of the bluefish ? Sure....Could he have severed the spine?? :confused: hmmmmm.....exactly how small was this bluefish? Even a small bluefish has a thick spine....and I know, I've seen Clammer rip a couple of bluefish heads right off their bodies...:laughs: :laughs: :laughs:

Instant Replay Results =During Instant Replay it was noted that as the striper made the turn away from the angler with the bluefish protruding from it's mouth, a larger Bluefish bumped the striper in the head/mouth area in the attempt of stealing the meal - thus causing the striper to drop the smaller bluefish allowing the larger bluefish to use his razor sharp teeth to sever the head from the bluefish that you originally caught.

B-assman
08-02-2004, 07:20 PM
"Really Cold" in Middletown?

Interesting story - but I've got to agree I've never seen a striper that could decapitate a blue.

Boy I guess we are a bunch of skeptical bastages!

afterhours
08-02-2004, 07:27 PM
maybe it was a big blue in a striper suit or a shark using the striper to decoy:)

RI Popper
08-02-2004, 08:59 PM
Hummmmmmm, sounds interesting. what looks like a striper and bites blues in half??? Maybe a large blue mixed in the bunch took it from the striper. can't think of anything else. accept of corse Land Shark"pizza man".

Slingah
08-02-2004, 09:06 PM
hahaha good one Popper, I was thimking the same thing"LAND SHARK" that was 1 of the funniest snl skits eva

RI Popper
08-02-2004, 09:08 PM
The Good old days, "Mail Man", "Flower Delivery", Land shark

Mike P
08-02-2004, 09:09 PM
I'm goin' with bloo's instant replay, too.

Navy Chief
08-03-2004, 07:08 AM
Okay, so my Striper got mugged.

Still, a funny story, and a good lunch break.

First time I've seen a fish swim out of the water.

zacs
08-03-2004, 07:36 AM
Candyman