View Full Version : Lobstah Ravioli

Backbeach Jake
08-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Whilst we seem to be on a lobstah kick, does anyone have a recipe for lobster ravioli filling? My wife makes kickarse pasta, wants to fill it with lobster.

spence
08-02-2004, 08:45 PM
I've got a great one I could look up. Keep it simple...lobster, scallops, some shallots, butter, salt and pepper. Just make sure you only cook the lobster meat enough to remove it, kill the lobsters first then boil for 5 min or so. You want it almost raw so it will finish in the pasta.

I would really recommend making a fumet from the shells and using this as a base for a creme sauce.

-spence

spence
08-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Lucky you, I just remembered I had this one electronic already :D

Take the time to make this right and you won't be dissapointed.

1-1/2# lobstah
Lemon
Cayenne pepper
3/4# scallops
4 or 5 shallots
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
Handful of Fresh Basil
1 Carrot
1 Onion
1 Celery Stalk
Fresh Thyme
1 Bay leaf
1 Large Tomato
2 egg pasta dough
1/2 cup heavy cream

Cook the lobstah in heavily salted water with a lemon, some fresh parsley and some cayene pepper for about 5-6 min. Let cool.

Remove the muscle (save) from the scallops and cut into small bits.

Finely chop the shallots and saute them in the butter over low heat till soft, cool.

Cut the lobster meat into small bits, save the shells. Add the coral (from the head) to the lobster/scallop meat.

Cut the basil into small strips, and add half to the lobster/scallop meat along with the cooled shallots, season with salt/pepper and some lemon juice.

In a pot gently simmer (45 min) the all lobster shells, any trimmings from the scallops, carrot/onion/celery all sliced, thyme, bay leaf, chopped tomato and 3 cups water.

Strain through a fine sive (use layers of cheese cloth if necessary) and reduce to about 1-1/2 cups.

Make the ravioli, I'm assuming you know how...

Simmer the 1-1/2 cups broth and cream together while the pasta cooks, a few minutes at most.

Remove the ravioli and simmer in the sauce for another minute. Serve with a little sauce and garnish with fresh basil.

Backbeach Jake
08-03-2004, 05:51 AM
Wow! Thanks Spence!:happy: