View Full Version : I got fired!

patrickswoman
08-28-2001, 10:15 PM
all in all maybe it's not so bad though... I might end up working for the chefs again :) ...anyway I had to go back to the temp agency and tell them I was re-available. Told them I'd take whatever I can get which means lots of overtime probably. I'll be exhausted but at least I can save up money... gotta get back to ct with patrick (this time for good!)..
doin' it all for my baby...and so I can fish whenever I want...lol.. ;)
mindi

Plug
08-28-2001, 11:20 PM
Yepper! Two peas in a pod.

Don M
08-29-2001, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Plug
Yepper! Two peas in a pod.

Frightining!

Hugh, Shoot me an e-mail I have some info for you.
Don M
donm@weekaqpaug.com

jnredmond
08-29-2001, 07:13 AM
Truly sorry to hear about your job loss but they can be an incredible opportunity to switch gears when you have little holding you from making a change (like a mortgage or children)... Expand you comfort zones and rejoice!!!

Now, for the weird - Am I the only one that thinks that you two are like the same person, maybe seperated at birth or something?:p :rolleyes: ;)

Saltheart
08-29-2001, 07:51 AM
Nope , Mindi had a job , lost it , wants to get another job right away so she can have money to pay her own way. That doesn't sound like Patrick. :)

Roccus
08-29-2001, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by jredmond
Now, for the weird - Am I the only one that thinks that you two are like the same person, maybe seperated at birth or something?:p :rolleyes: ;)

Funny you should say that, John...I've been thinking the same thing right along. Not paying attention to the content really, because anybody can say anything...but the rhythm and phrasing is so similar it's spooky... unless....hmmmm.

If I were to bet my last cent I'm afraid I'd have to put it on: Here we go again. Patrick's created a virtual girlfriend to go along with a virtual job, virtual law school, virtual bluefin tuna angling, etc., etc., et al. So why not a virtual affair?

Get a real job, Patrick. And a real education, a real girl, a real fish, a real life...hey, look what it did for Pinocchio... http://forums.evilnet.net/ubb/smilies/elf.gif

Fishpart
08-29-2001, 08:41 AM
I must say there there are strange things afoot....

JCXX
08-29-2001, 09:06 AM
I must agree with the above. Strange things indeed :confused:

patrickswoman
08-29-2001, 10:14 AM
I must say I'm a little taken aback...patrick and I are a lot alike but we're not the same person.... I'm enjoying this board but I hope you guys are kidding...In any case we'll have some pictures of the both of us together pretty soon.
mindi

Arby
08-29-2001, 10:25 AM
"Please, oh, Please" Patrickswoman! we've got to see them!

patrickswoman
08-29-2001, 10:28 AM
Just waiting for Patrick to get them developed, he still has a lot of film left so I told him he has to go around town and take pictures of the stuff I missed...plus I have to see him using those waders lol..

JohnR
08-29-2001, 10:42 AM
Patrick'swoman, Mindi, please understand that many of us have, well "known" Patrick for several years now and despite some circumvential evidence that he's grown up a teensy-weensy bit over the years, we are and will probably remain, a little sceptical when he says something or of any "major" events in his life, which a new honey bunny certainly qualifies as. I would be dishonest to you and everyone else here if I unquestionably believed everything about him at face value.

Sooooo, I hope you can understand that there is a tad of reluctence on the parts of many here, to follow gayfully along, skipping and holding hands so to speak. Personally, I think a lady with a little oomph will put the backbone into our dear little Patrick and maybe give the boost (kick in the arse) in the right direction that he needs as I, unlike some others (not just here but all across the Northeast), don't think he is the evil incarnate or just pure bumbling fool that his reputation presents him as.....

With that in mind we need two things - pictures for proof and to just remember that my name is John, I'm a bassaholic, & this is a FISHING Board ;) and that I'm not Chuck Woolery and this is not "The Love Connection" :p

Tszank Yu bery musch, Eyell ve hier alza veek....

patrickswoman
08-29-2001, 10:45 AM
understood. I'll keep my posting to a minimum from now on until I know what the hell I'm doing....:(

JohnR
08-29-2001, 10:57 AM
Don't misconstrue that as an uninvitation because it's not. Mindi, we'd like you to stick around over here. But I would like to keep it more about fishing than what kind of a strappin' lad Lil' Patrick is, knowwhatimean? Besides, we can answer a question or two for ya about fishing that Patrick has, let's say, not fully experimented with. Not a bad thing as very few get to actually DO most of the methods out there (I'd be lucky if I've done 33%) but...

OK? Again, your absolutely welcome here. But some of the lovey-dovey may be more suitable to the love chatrooms... Besides, maybe YOU can encourage him to show up at one of our Fish Tourneys so we can meet BOTH of you and officially welcome you into our little community... I'm serious - getcher butts up here and fish, no questions, excuses or squabble... OK? ;)

patrickswoman
08-29-2001, 11:09 AM
woohoo!!! I'll drag his ass up there for sure...I should be moving out there in december so by next year maybe I'll be good enough to enter myself... ;)

Patrick82
08-29-2001, 11:23 AM
Hey guys.

Nope, Mindi and I are two different people. We are very much alike. You speak to a person for 10 months or so every night and your typing styles get similar. Soon we'll have some pictures. I have 3 pictures left on one camera and a gazillion more on the other.

John,

Usually I keep the messageboard scene to myself but Mindi and I are very close now. I wanted her to be part of EVERY aspect of my life, no matter how weird it is. No matter how many times I get a whooping on here, I consider you guys friends, well most of you anyways. Some have decided they don't want my friendship and that's fine. No hard feelings. In your own manly ways, you guys do try to look out for me and that is appreciated even though I can be thickheaded.

Mindi still has to learn the ropes of striper fishing and she will soon enough. She's a natural I tell you. Soon I'll have to get some gear for her and she'll want to get up to the ditch too.

We aren't the same person. She is a woman (yes I'm sure), I'm a guy (I'm pretty sure). And geez, she was up before noon. I don't get up before noon. LOL

schoolie monster
08-29-2001, 11:31 AM
While John, as moderator, put that very gently and was very PC, I have to admit that I have seen a disturbing trend in Patrick's and Patrickswoman's posts... they aren't fishing related.

Its cool to bounce different subjects around from time to time. Part of the point of this board is to forge relationships and hopefully friendships between members. Sometimes we share various non-fishing related experiences with each other... ain't a darn thing wrong with that.

But let's keep on course here. The fall run is about to commence... get out fishing!

And Patrick, one question about these pictures... did you hire a photographer or did you have your chaperon snap a few shots?

chris L
08-29-2001, 11:37 AM
soon there will be little patricks and mindis posting on this board . LOL

good for the one ( two )of you ! keep it alive if it gets patrick out fishing thats good !

NOON time get outta bed boy !!!!!! sleep is over rated and you get plenty of it when you die . I know your a night owl ! the day time is for working night time is for fishing .

Mindi i hope he didnt sleep away your visit ! LOL

Patrick82
08-29-2001, 12:04 PM
Well we had to check out at 11:00 in the morning and the bus didn't leave until 11:00 at night so we had 12 hours to kill. We hung out with my parents and stuff and my mom took some pics of us.

Then I have some pics of her fishing and a few pics of her with some snappers. I really wanted her to catch her first striper but they just weren't around.

But for real, there are two of us.

Little Patricks and Mindis? AHHHHH. One day we'll have kids that I can vicariously live my dreams through. Not right now though. I can't even support myself as it is. Last thing I need is kids to complicate the whole thing.

Well then, that about puts the end to this topic. All we need is the pics and that proves it.

Guys, don't worry about me going fishing. She just dropped all that money on waders and she's forcing me to go. :) She's a catch I tell ya.

Saltheart
08-29-2001, 12:30 PM
Don't worry SM , there are others concerned about the non fishing nature of Patricks Romance Novel here. However , Mindi is a new member , and we cut new members some slack when they first come on. There's been no nasty stuff and so let's let it unfold. This whole thread is about what happened to our star personality when he got a girlfriend. What I will be very unhappy about is if the Harloquin Romance starts spilling into other "fishing" threads and gets them off track.

One thing I have noticed is that Patrick seems to be very conscious of behaving now that Mindi reads the board. All in all , this could be good for everyone. Lets hope so.

JCXX
08-29-2001, 12:42 PM
Nicely put Saltheart:)

schoolie monster
08-29-2001, 01:08 PM
That's a very good point. Perhaps this could be another step towards manhood for young Patrick.

I'll feed out a short rope and give them some leeway.

Patrick82
08-29-2001, 01:21 PM
Don't worry. We won't bring up the relationship stuff again.

Clammer
08-30-2001, 01:39 PM
------- nuts!!!!

Jenn
08-30-2001, 09:44 PM
The thought of Patrick producing offspring is enough for me to not want kids!!! (among other things HA!HA!) just imagine if I had a neighbor like that and my child befriended his!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!! Just bustin yer stones patrick.....:p

Arby
08-31-2001, 07:47 AM
I just want to see pictures of the happy couple. Then I'll go back to Striper Talk.

D Powell
08-31-2001, 01:14 PM
You Yankees live such interesting lives...

Deputy Plug!? Why, you're everywhere!

Saltheart
08-31-2001, 02:05 PM
Hi Mr Rockfish. Welcome to the board.

D Powell
08-31-2001, 03:40 PM
Thanks Saltheart, I lurk here mostly. I don't really have much to contribute to this group of salty types.

I lived on Cape Ann a little while and chased and caught a nurse in Boston once.

Got Stripers
08-31-2001, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by clamdigger
------- nuts!!!!

You said a mouthfull.

Plug
08-31-2001, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by D Powell
You Yankees live such interesting lives...

Deputy Plug!? Why, you're everywhere!

<sniff-sniff> Thought I smelled hot dogs.

Patrick82
08-31-2001, 05:40 PM
Mindi, this is Dave Powell. Cartoonist extraordinaire. He has a series of cartoons on another site called "Rockfish" (the name striped bass go by down south). Once you get the hang of striper fishing, they'll be very funny to you. They make me laugh hard. Very nice guy. Has two beautiful dogs and good jokester.

patrickswoman
08-31-2001, 07:07 PM
Hey Dave..nice to meet ya! I'm patrick's girlfriend. Haven't caught a striper yet but I'm going to in Rhodey....are you going? I'm wondering who's going to be on our team...
:) mindi

Slipknot
08-31-2001, 09:06 PM
Shoot, I suppose you 2 are only going on Saturday right? Well I'll miss the festivities so someone else will have to grille the cowparts, how about you Fishpart? Someone please take pictures before the sun goes down OK? I gotta see some of this.

:)

Patrick82
08-31-2001, 10:10 PM
Nah, we are trying to spend the whole weekend. I don't know what you're expecting to see but if it's THAT, you are mistaken. We'll run into you I bet.

Slipknot
09-01-2001, 08:38 AM
Hoping to see you catch a fish, I don't know what THAT is referring to. OK Friday night then, I'll bring my korkers, and they grip just fine on dry rocks. Who tells you these things about gear? believe nothing utill you try it, fishermen can be notorious liers.

Jenn
09-02-2001, 10:03 PM
fishermen can be notorious liers.

Slipknot......you crack me up!!:D

Fishpart
09-04-2001, 05:27 AM
I'll be glad to burn the cowparts, but a decent sized grill just won't fit into my Accord "Surf Buggy". My little tailgate gas grill will, there will just be a line to get fed....

JohnR
09-04-2001, 07:25 AM
We had the Grille at Weekapaug so that should be no problem (we are talking about the Rhody Leg in this thread, eh?)

The Iceman 6
09-05-2001, 01:04 PM
Mindi - still waiting for those pictures??

Patrick82
09-05-2001, 06:45 PM
yeah that's my fault. My mom took a trip to Ireland and used up most a camera and she took a few of us with her remaining photos. Just trying to talk her into getting them developed.

bassmaster
09-05-2001, 07:31 PM
a slip if ya get this pm me.
lets takem to my holy grail.............................................
plan???????????
i can see it now.

DaveC
09-22-2001, 09:43 PM
I know alot of you guys. I was wondering, did Patrick post pictures yet and if so...where??

Patrick82
09-22-2001, 10:28 PM
Dave, the pic is under the "Fish Pix Let's see them" thread. Bumped it up just for you! I think it's on the third page but I'm not too sure.

DanW
09-22-2001, 10:51 PM
Well, If Dave is gonna unmask I may as well say "hullo" too. Been lurking since day one, enjoying the board. John, great site, keeps getting better too!

Mindi, sorry about the job, but best of luck on the recovery.

Patrick, congrats!

Rest: Carry on.

Dan

JohnR
09-23-2001, 07:27 AM
Hey Dave - we argued a couple times on WMI, right :D ;) (nothing serious though, hehehe). Welcome to striped-bass...

Thanks Dan - glad you're revealing yourself - well, you know what I mean... Welcome aboard to SB...