View Full Version : $8.00 cup of beer

Drew
08-03-2004, 01:28 PM
I went to the Dead show on Saturday at the Tweeter Center. After the 1st set I went looking for some liquid refreshment and was shocked and amazed they expected me to pay 8 bucks for a cup of beer. WTF.....are you kidding me? I am used to getting gauged on refreshments at the movies, but 8 bucks? For a cup of draft beer?:af: :af: :af: :af:

And its not like they are just jacking up prices just to prevent people from getting intoxicated. They wanted $3.50 for a bottle of water. I've thrown away lots of dough on dumb stuff, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay 8 bones for a beer. Just another case of the man keepin you down. Bastiges.

I waited till after the show and bought a couple of rolling rock long necks off a cute hippie chick in the lot for a buck a piece. :happy: :happy:

BigFish
08-03-2004, 01:31 PM
Yup! I posted the same thing after I went to the Clapton show a month ago!:( Can you believe the nerve? They can keep it, I hate draft beer anyway and would certainly never pay $8.00 for a beer draft, can or bottle!!!:af:

By the way....did you buy one?:rolleyes:

BigFish
08-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Thats also why people "load up" in the parking lot before the show!:gu: :gu: :gu: :gu: :gu:

chris L
08-03-2004, 01:34 PM
thats out of hand ! its not like its NY city .

remind myself
self drink heavily before going to bruins game or anything at the fleet center . hell for 8 bucks you could get 2 1/2 pints of vodka

Clammer
08-04-2004, 05:28 PM
My kid was there for the weekend ===there is no way he went dry===============not even counting =rollem if ya gotem :rolleyes:

Slipknot
08-04-2004, 05:43 PM
Your kid likes the Dead Clammer? :)

Roll away the dew........................

Clammer
08-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Big TIme Slip ==============when Jerry died /his girl at the time //left work that day/// ya ///between the Dead & Phish ///plenty of forest fires & bare naked girls =lifes a dream =until ya come clean :smash:

cheferson
08-06-2004, 08:41 AM
i love phish festivals!!!:cheers: :gu: :buds: :buds: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Nebe
08-06-2004, 09:34 AM
I hear Phish is no more...:( I saw them about 15 or 16 times back in the late 90's

I miss Jerry too :(

HighTide
08-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Ain't the same without Jerry

BigFish
08-06-2004, 04:17 PM
I never "got" the whole "Dead" thing.......never really cared for them! Guess its cause' I never got stoned or did drugs......:huh:so most of their lyrics never rang true with me.;)

But, hey....you guys enjoy the long strange trip!:btu:

cheferson
08-06-2004, 09:31 PM
ya phish is all done, got one more festival in a week or two then theyre breaking up. Im sure that festival is gonna be a zoo to remember. Ive made it to two of their festivals, will never forget them. I saw some of the craziest, crackedout , unbelievable things there.