View Full Version : Tournaments next year.

Patrick82
08-29-2001, 02:00 PM
I know it's early for next year but I just don't have enough gear to fish this year. Lots of plans abrewing. Mindi and I am very interested in fishing tourneys next year though. Any plans for next year yet? By that time we'll have gear for each of us. And we'll get the bugs worked out and we'll be fishing machines.

JohnR
08-30-2001, 07:53 AM
IF you agree to make the Mass or Rhody leg, I think we can guarantee sufficient, quality gear for you AND Mindi (and she's more than welcome to attend). Therefoe "GEAR" or lack of, is not an excuse. Poop or get off the pot. :p

First you were afraid you'd get jumped, we offer protection (not even fee based, hehehehe). Second, you noted transportation dificulties - Amtrack runs through both Providence and 128 station, also not an issue. Now you cite "gear" as a potential limiting factor - hogwash. Getcher butt up here for one of these things. You could easily do better than fishing "The Reef"...

Saltheart
08-30-2001, 08:07 AM
Chris L offered to give him a ride last time! Patrick , don't worry about being an expert. Just show up and have some fun. Hell , I'll give you a half dozen jigs to get you going at the Ditch.

Fishpart
08-30-2001, 08:53 AM
Salt, some days I wonder if I can get half a dozen jigs to last me three casts ;). I need to get by George's some time between now and then so I can restock the "secret weapon" Any time in the afternoon is OK with me. Can we burn cowparts behind Mike's shop?

Pat, defintely a reasonable offer. With offers of gear and rides, what do you have to lose?

JCXX
08-30-2001, 09:31 AM
I, too will be willing to pick Patrick and Mindi. I have enough plugs and jigs to share. I can also get enough eels ;)

Fishguts
08-30-2001, 09:36 AM
Patric After only following the board for the past three months I would be willing to contribute 50.00 to the kitty. I'll send it to john when I see your bright smiling face holding a bass of any size. For that matter I don't care if it is a piture of you enjoying some strawberry shortcake.

patrickswoman
08-30-2001, 10:10 AM
Well I'll try to get patrick to go if y'all can get him a train ticket... as for me I'd LOVE to go to the RI one but it's a pain in the butt for me to get out there.. no trains here and I spent 150 bucks on the bus to ct.. anyway let me know when the RI tourney is and I'll try to get my butt out there. then you can all watch me look like a total tool.. :D

JohnR
08-30-2001, 10:46 AM
Mindi, the only fool is the one that never tries. If you put the slightest effort to learn and succeed, nobody would think yer a fool. If you were trying to show off however, hehehe....

You're in upstate New York, right? Plenty of trains from Buffallo, Depew, Rochester,Syracuse, Utica, Schenectady, Albany, Rensselaer, all running into Boston. Using Syracuse, round trip as an example, it's 72 smackers round trip on the train (less than what my truck would burn in benzine one way :mad: )... just a thought...

Patrick doesn't need a ticket, he has offers from people to pick him up - he just needs to say yes

chris L
08-30-2001, 10:49 AM
Ive offered Pat a ride and I get a flat NO . Maybe I must be one of those internet weirdos . well I am weird but not like that at least my 2 daughters know that ( 7 and 3 ) . Ill even give you a ride as long as you can get to CT I live in North Haven a short ride up 95 . dont worry about looking like a dink we were all dinks at the beginning .

patrickswoman
08-30-2001, 10:57 AM
I'm a long way from any of those cities...but my birthday is oct. 6 so maybe I can get a bus ticket as a gift from mom and pop..lol..if someone can pick patrick up and then pick me up in providence that would work... I'll let ya know if I can pull it off once we get the exact dates around. Keep me posted and I'll stay on patrick's butt about it.

Patrick82
08-30-2001, 12:07 PM
When I go, I'll go under my own transportation. My stomach is a very difficult thing to deal with and it is too much inconvienance to put on someone even without the stomach thing. I appreciate the offers but this year just isn't happening.

I'm shooting for next year. This year isn't possible until I get other things in my life figured out. That's why I was asking for next year.

patrickswoman
08-30-2001, 01:27 PM
provided I can get money for a ticket around, whoever picks patrick up could them come and pick me up in providence .

Patrick82
08-30-2001, 01:32 PM
Allright,

It looks like I can probably make the Rhody one in October. All I need to do is get money for food and some bottles of water and I'm in business.

Chris, we'll talk at a later day when I can give you a definite answer.

JohnR
08-30-2001, 01:38 PM
Mindi, I'm 20 minutes from Providence plus Providence isn't far from Boston and PVD is a stop on Boston's local commuter rail so that's no problem. Patrick, I encourage you to attend...

Thanks,

John

JCXX
08-31-2001, 07:07 AM
Patrick, I'll chip in for food, water and eels ;) When are we going?