View Full Version : Duplicator Recomendations

afterhours
08-05-2004, 11:02 AM
b-day fast approaching and g/f offered to buy me a duplicator. i have a mini jet lathe. without making the poor thing spend too much, which duplicator would you guys recomend?

Jigman
08-05-2004, 11:39 AM
The Vega Midi Lathe Duplicator is what I have on my Jet Mini lathe. Works great.

Jigman

MikeTLive
09-29-2004, 11:52 PM
would that fit onto a grizzly mini lathe too?

Jigman
09-30-2004, 08:15 AM
Not sure if it will fit the Grizzly or not. I can take a look this evening for you as I have a Grizzly lathe too. I started out with a Penn State universal duplicator on the Grizzly.

Jigman

MikeTLive
09-30-2004, 12:53 PM
how do you mount the universal on the grizzly? it says it needs a mounting bracket?

Jigman
09-30-2004, 01:57 PM
I took two pieces of scrap wood (1/2 inch thick) and a couple of carrage bolts and did it. A carrage bolt was inserted through the top of the dupilcator, through the middle of the 2 rails on the lathe, then into a piece of wood that was a little longer than the lathe was wide. Large washer below the wood, then added the wing nut. Used two such set ups. Held the duplicator just fine.

Jigman

Jigman
09-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Looks like the vega would fit the Grizzly. I did not take it off the Jet to be sure, but all the parts seem to match up. At most, may be a minor adjustment. If someone has one and knows for sure, may be they can post some info.

Jigman