View Full Version : thats it-

Nebe
08-05-2004, 10:55 PM
just took the reels off the rods.. washed them, backed off the drags... hosed off all my plugs, and hung up the rods...

Have a great season everyone and I'll still be around, but I wont be wetting a line in any serioius fashion till october.

:lurk:

ThrowingTimber
08-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Congrats dude I wish you the best!

Crafty Angler
08-06-2004, 06:21 AM
Hmmmm....does this mean that the Ebenette has arrived - or is it just the 2 minute warning -

Would a Habs needlefish (sans hooks of course) with a rattle inside be considered an appropriate gift for the baby shower? :hihi:

Hey, never let it be said that old Uncle Crafty didn't have a sentimental side, ya know :smokin:

Yeah, I'm just an old softie (and no smart-alecky comments on that one either, ya knot-heads....)

Best of luck to ya Eben - good things happen in threes too :)

Fishpart
08-06-2004, 06:25 AM
Has the small one arrived??????

fishweewee
08-06-2004, 06:49 AM
Congrats and good luck dude! I know you fished as hard as you could. :D

Karl F
08-06-2004, 06:55 AM
Eben, enjoy, your getting your first real keeper, now.
If I remember right, (it was a looong time ago), your first trip back out, all you will think about is the kiddo :D

RIROCKHOUND
08-06-2004, 07:25 AM
Good luck...
Skunk after I dropped you off......

chris L
08-06-2004, 07:44 AM
enjoy eben .

ThrowingTimber
08-06-2004, 07:48 AM
:D Bryan, Chris and I will patrol the coastline for ya :boots: :devil: We'll call ya with our drag screamin':call: I wish you and Mrs. Eben the best:D

SEND ME ALL YOUR GEAR!!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

RIJIMMY
08-06-2004, 07:54 AM
Good luck man, I know the feeling, I only made 8 trips since the little guy was born in May.
The first few months are rough but its worth it, best of luck to you and your family.
RIJ

The Iceman 6
08-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Eben -

See you in October of 2005. Best of Luck.....

Ice

fishaholic18
08-06-2004, 08:56 AM
Good luck Eben.:D

cheferson
08-06-2004, 09:03 AM
Good luck with the new rug rat!!! Better get all the sleep you can get now.

Strider
08-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Congrats and enjoy :claps: Eben, all those sleep deprived days and night of fishing will now equate the best training you can get when having a new born in the house ;)

Nebe
08-06-2004, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the words guys.. I'm a bit panic stricken, as this is my forst kid and i have no idea what my life is going to turn into, but hey.... when I'm 80 i want to have grandkids and a family that I can look at and be proud of... well proud of if they are bass fishermen... ashamed if they're not :hihi:

Kids due date is the 20th so I got some days to be free, but I gotta be well rested for delivery.

Timber.. you want my gear??...........From my cold dead hands-:rocketem:

bart
08-06-2004, 09:26 AM
best of luck to you eben. i'm sure you'll make a wonderful father/teacher. i'll see you you know where in october. keep it real homey

The Dad Fisherman
08-06-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Eben
Thanks for the words guys.. I'm a bit panic stricken, as this is my forst kid and i have no idea what my life is going to turn into,

It'll be Different....Definitely Better.....but Different.

You will finally understand what the term "Unconditional Love" means

There isn't anything that anybody wouldn't do for their kids....

Someone said this to me once and it is so true. When you leave your house to go to the hospital, before you close the door, look around your house.......because it will never look that way again..:D

Good Luck

RIROCKHOUND
08-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Vic... read your post again.. I'm out most nights.. I think you meant Eben not Bryan... :smash:

"""" Bryan, Chris and I will patrol the coastline for ya We'll call ya with our drag screamin' I wish you and Mrs. Eben the best """

Tattoo
08-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Eben,

I went through the ringer to get mine. Wife got hospitalized three times during it...talk about stress.

The little guy was born on Sept. 11th one year later, best thing in life you will ever do for sure. The fish will always be there, but you can't replace time with your kid(s). I would do it again in a minute. Life doesnt change that much, it's just more of a balancing act. Babies sleep at night, perfect!

....just make sure he/she doesnt grow up to be a boatfisher.....we all know boat fish dont count!

rwilhelm
08-06-2004, 12:57 PM
Good Luck and Enjoy! Becoming a Dad is a great feeling.

rhody
08-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Eben,

The meaningful part of your life is about to begin. Best wishes.

goosefish
08-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Eben I had a good time fishing with you and look forward to more of it when the time permits.

Iwannakeeper
08-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Eben, I am sure it doesn't mean much since we haven't met, but congrats and I wish you and the family my best.

You know your lures will go bad if they are not used, so why don't you loan me your tackle, and I will do my best to keep it working. Besides I could use some luck, I do not think my tackle works - lol.

-IWK

spence
08-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Eben, perhaps I could just make it a regular thing to stop by on my way back from CT and peddle old baby gear? Keep the fridge stocked with beer and you'd be amazed at what I might bring by...

- clothes
- toys
- 529's :hihi:

-spence

justplugit
08-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Eben,congratulations:D
I've got sons,daughters and granddaughters.They all love to fish and to see them catch is one of the biggest joys in life.:)

Nebe
08-06-2004, 06:32 PM
Tattoo.. wow sept 11th. What a powerful day to have a child- and your right, the fish will always be there. (because I always know where they are :hihi: )

Goosefish- same here... great fishing with you and I gotta say, you are a great teacher, and believe it or not, you alone have taught me more about bass fishing than any one person on the planet. For that I thank you, and look forward to the time when I can fish agian without checking my cell phone every 10 minutes for a 'baby alert' message :smash:

Spence.. You got a deal. If they had Scup ale I'd have that for you, but we'll settle for Bass... your always welcome at the Casa de Eben & Woodi

Everyone else, thanks for the words.... they mean alot. :D

MAC
08-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Congratulations to you and the Mrs. You are getting your best keeper. Everyone is right the fish will be there cherish the moments and good luck to you.

Bill L
08-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Eben, good luck with the baby. You will find time to fish, just may not always be when you want to, but more when you can. You'll be a proud papa the day one of your children hooks up with his/her first striper :)

Crafty Angler
08-08-2004, 06:26 AM
Geez, Eben, after rereading all this I just thought -

Ya know, after the baby arrives and things settle in a bit......the limit on 'tog will be up to 10 per day! :p

Nebe
08-08-2004, 09:29 AM
Krafty I like your style:D: And ya know.. I did tell the Mrs that I would lay off the BASS fishing... shoot, I didnt say anything about tog fishing:laughs:
We gotta get some beefier hooks.. you know those tog mouths are all toughened up in the fall... maybe some Gami 4/0 octopus hooks???

A habs rattle would be nice but one of those bass prints would look great above the crib:hihi:

goosefish
08-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Snorkled "the area" yesterday, didn't find any needles, found some good looking structure, and saw lots of tog---some big old white chins too.

Nebe
08-08-2004, 12:56 PM
:faga:

Crafty Angler
08-08-2004, 02:19 PM
:)

afterhours
08-08-2004, 02:43 PM
congrats ! sleep is overrated!

Thom
08-08-2004, 02:56 PM
Eben con Grats to you and your wife when the new bay is born. THomT

JohnR
08-09-2004, 09:18 AM
You're in the home stretch now - get real used to being sworn at and DO NOT VIDEOTAPE!!!!!! :puke: :hihi: :doh: