View Full Version : Scusset Beach - access to canal

RIJIMMY
08-06-2004, 12:11 PM
The wind and weather for ole Rhody are not looking so hot so I am planning to make my virgin vist to the canal early tomorrow morning.
My only guide is Daignault's Hot Spots Book and it looks like the east end at Scusset is my best bet.
I'm not looking for spots or inside tips, I am just wondering if I can park and have canal access at 2-3am at Scusett. Thoughts?
If you have any advice, please pm me. Im fishing plugs and jigs, no chunks for me.
Thanks

BrianS
08-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Just drive slow thru there. I dont know if its changed, but usually no problems driving in at night.... I was there till midnight last week, not even a whisper by rangers in my direction...

I was toying with the idea of going tonight... but might hit another spot on the canal instead... wasnt much going on last week when I was there.

bart
08-06-2004, 12:22 PM
ditto on driving slow. i got bagged for going 36 in a 25 there.

Mike P
08-06-2004, 01:17 PM
The other reason to drive slow is, dere be some Bambis in dem woods and hitting one won't do your front end very much good.

bart
08-06-2004, 01:20 PM
good point

BrianS
08-06-2004, 02:11 PM
I was thinking more for the kids and rangers...

Bambi? Ill take a dented bumper for 75lbs of venison

Rob Rockcrawler
08-06-2004, 06:26 PM
do you have to pay to park in there after hours? i usually ride my cruiser from the sagamore parking area below the bridge. last fall i never had to pay to get in but there was a guy in the gate house this summer.

hunan
08-06-2004, 09:06 PM
i think you have to pay during daylight hours when the beach is open. at night justy drive straight by guard shack until you hit the parking lot for the beach, turn right, drive a couple hundred yards and you're there. bring lots of jigs and bug spray. enjoy.

STEVE IN MASS
08-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Don't have to pay after about 3 or 4 PM, and they don't start collecting again till 8 or 9 AM.

Hmmmmm.....Pip's early AM this weekend.....high water......"virgin visit"........

I'll be looking for all your lost jigs next week when I'm there...... :p

Rob Rockcrawler
08-07-2004, 10:28 AM
thats good to know bout the free parking after 4ish. it beats ridin the bike a mile or so down to pips at midnight.